* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

#9841 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10162 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

Two dorrah?

#9842 dfg   Impecunious Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   3132 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

Welp, Gamesrocket.com is selling Sleepy Dawgs LE for 1.5 euro (~2.11 USD) for ITALY, but when I pay w/ Paypal, they want me to verify my account with a photo of me and my ID together + a scan of the ID. Which would show me not being in Italy. Anybody got a hookup?

edit: I guess that should be gamesrocket.it

http://www.gamesrock...ed-Edition.html

edit2: Spain too:

#9843 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10162 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Bro that'll probably be $2.50 on Steam soon enough.  Not worth the hassle.

• dfg likes this

#9844 spoderman  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

Welp, Gamesrocket.com is selling Sleepy Dawgs LE for 1.5 euro (~2.11 USD) for ITALY, but when I pay w/ Paypal, they want me to verify my account with a photo of me and my ID together + a scan of the ID. Which would show me not being in Italy. Anybody got a hookup?

If you can give me your SSN, I'll hook you up.

#9845 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10162 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

What about a stool sample?

#9846 Bilbo1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

edit: I guess that should be gamesrocket.it

edit2: Spain too:

i posted this earlier too, but deleted it because they asked me for the same verification.

however, i read somewhere that using an italian paypal adress should do the trick

but as Mooby said, is it worth the hassle? probably not

i sent them an email to cancel the order

• dfg likes this

#9847 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

So watcha all playing these days?

I just started playing Thief for the first time with the new fancy mod (yeah, I know, I'm about 15 years behind the times). Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype...

Pokemon X (Black sheep of the group :D) And hopefully Ace Attorney 5 if Nintendo decides to unlock it :p

#9848 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I recently finished sleeping dogs. Is my #2 preferred "sandbox" game (#1 is vice city). SD beat GTA VC storywise, but my VC memories and the "fun factor" make it #1

Now I'm playing KF (Halloween event) and will continue Xcom

#9849 Preedatore   Hamburger Thread CAGiversary!   1530 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

I just started playing Thief for the first time with the new fancy mod (yeah, I know, I'm about 15 years behind the times). Hopefully it'll live up to all the hype...

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Battlefield 3

#9850 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Been playing BL2.  Finally have my Siren and Mechromancer at level 50 and on the doorstep of UVHM.  Will have my Gunzerker and maybe my Psycho and/or Commando there today as well.

I got sucked back into Borderlands 2 with the $100k Loot Hunt they have going on. 

Ugh, I completely forgot about this.   :headache:   Is this the last week for it? 

#9851 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Funny, I've been buying so many steam sale and humble bundle games, it's been hard to focus on playing just one thing.

I'm trying to play Dawn of War II and Dark Souls before GFWL goes down. Dark Souls always intimidates me though. I just keep leveling up in the same room after the dragon bridge, scared to go through the next foggy boss door :(

I kinda wanna play some more Resident Evil 5, as it's also GFWL, but I beat that on Xbox, so it's not high on my priority list.

I've also been playing DC Universe Online. Leveling has really slowed down for me since I got in the 20's.

#9852 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Unbelievable, I've always been a huge fan of Enslaved Odyssey to the West but had to deal with tons of screen tearing and other issues on PS3. I loved it anyway. I just found out it's coming to PC this month, maybe even this week. Amazing! Everyone buy it, I need a sequel so bad.

I'm on the other side of the fence...  Surprisingly, in my opinion as I usually like the underdog games more than allot of AAA titles but Enslaved...  Ugh.  Just a complete disappointment. The voice work was awesome as was the animation. But combat, platforming, story, characters (minus Monkey) were bad...

The worst part was the camera...  Which was so bad it made me nauseated when on my big screen. I had to hook up the 360 to my PC monitor just to play it.

I would ignore a perfectly good bundle so as to not support this game...  (I lucked out and got my 360 copy used from Amazon Warehouse)

And, yes, that was harsh... :lol:

#9853 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Funny, I've been buying so many steam sale and humble bundle games, it's been hard to focus on playing just one thing.

I'm trying to play Dawn of War II and Dark Souls before GFWL goes down.

Is it possible to play vanilla DoW II and Chaos Rising campaigns via Retribution?

If not... I need to get started on DoW II again...

#9854 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

deep silver weeekend posssibly?

#9855 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Is it possible to play vanilla DoW II and Chaos Rising campaigns via Retribution?

If not... I need to get started on DoW II again...

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. :(

#9856 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23668 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Wait - I thought only DOW2 MP uses G4WL, not the SP?

#9857 aronater   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Can someone who pre-purchased Arkham Origins check if it's playable?

Up until a few minutes ago the store page on Steam (website) said it would unlock in about 9 hours. Now it gives an option to "play now" and shows up on the home page under the "new releases" tab. (The Season Pass is also for sale now).

However, in the Steam client the only option is to preload (which I've already done), with no option to play it.

Why must you tease me like this, Steam? :wall:

#9858 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5220 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

The match making on Vanilla and CR are certainly G4WL driven... As for the SP, well, DoW II is the only title I've had issues with save files corrupting So G4WL is used somehow someway.

#9859 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

You have to be logged into GFWL to play the single player campaign. I tried a few days ago.

#9860 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Risen 1 and 2 just got cards. I bet it'll be the weekend deal.

#9861 Fatality   Fear Is a Liar CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. :(

#9862 Trusty Mutsi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1029 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Trusty Mutsi

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Risen 1 and 2 just got cards. I bet it'll be the weekend deal.

Are those games any good?

#9863 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

risen so fard and i think it deep silver weekend deals lllook at the steamdb. more cards to hit virtually mns head dwith heeh 

#9864 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8335 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

A lot of people like Risen 1. It's made by the same people that made the gothic series, and apparently it's a good embodiment of the spirit of those games. Risen 2 gets a lot of hate.

#9865 cyrus386  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

On the subject of what we're playing, quoting my post from yesterday below that nobody seemed to notice at the time.  I'm also dabbling a few minutes at a time at various games in the old backlog: Serious Sam, the first Borderlands, which I have finally added to the collection thanks to a code drop from LN3000, and Botanicula, which I'm finding charming.  I must also admit to sinking a couple hours into Samantha Swift...it's easy to pick up and play for just a few minutes at a time, which I can't say about most of my games, and I can also play it while talking on the phone.  ;)  I made it through one tutorial for Crusader Kings 2 but that's it so far.

I just finished my first run through of Rogue Legacy.  I have a feeling it took me a lot longer than some others - 148 children over almost 27 hours.  I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  Too much grinding, too little environment and enemy variety.  It didn't help that I had played the demo through to completion, and so having to start all the way back at the beginning after beating the first boss was quite a step back; and I don't think I invested my gold in the most efficient order (there are a number of useless or semi-useless skills and classes - I would advise prioritizing the Paladin and Barbarian, and health and attack upgrades if you want the fastest path to victory).  It's not a bad game, but it didn't exactly live up to my high hopes for it and I kind of wish I would have invested those hours in something else.  Once I was halfway through I felt compelled to finish it even though I wasn't enjoying it all that much anymore...but I doubt I'll put much time into NG+.  I don't really understand how some of you guys can want to play this game over and over.

#9866 Fatality   Fear Is a Liar CAGiversary!   2263 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Magic: The Gathering card collection called The Indie Custom Cube.

http://www.indiecust....com/index.html

S7FhsRR.jpg

#9867 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Listed all my deus ex hr cards 12 hrs ago, they all just sold within the last 30 minutes, weird. Got around .20-.27 profit each so that took at least $1 off the price. Not bad!

#9868 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5252 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

A lot of people like Risen 1. It's made by the same people that made the gothic series, and apparently it's a good embodiment of the spirit of those games. Risen 2 gets a lot of hate.

I found Risen 1 to be tedious (but I guess I may reinstall for cards, if I actually have this on Steam--it may be a physical copy) and I quit after about 10 hours. I've only played the demo for Risen 2 so far but it already seems like a better game. 

Magic Card collection called The Indie Custom Cube.
http://www.indiecust....com/index.html

S7FhsRR.jpg

Well, I read this but I still don't understand it.

#9869 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8719 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

So the other day I whined about the prices of this Eversion trading card.

Guess what

THE PRICE DOUBLED OVERNIGHT, NOW THE CHEAPEST ONE IS TWO DOLLARS.

I'm pretty sure this is why the game is not going on sale, the dev is too busy MAKING MONEY OFF SALES OF THE CARD TO GIVE A DAMN.

I just want my baaaaaaaaaaaadge T_T

#9870 spoderman  

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

So the other day I whined about the prices of this Eversion trading card.

Guess what

THE PRICE DOUBLED OVERNIGHT, NOW THE CHEAPEST ONE IS TWO DOLLARS.

I'm pretty sure this is why the game is not going on sale, the dev is too busy MAKING MONEY OFF SALES OF THE CARD TO GIVE A DAMN.

I'm now going to buy up some of the cards so it'll triple in price.