* * * * * 20 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

#10951 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

You do still have to redeem each game individually by clicking a button next to them. You don't buy the bundle and suddenly have every game in your account. In that regard it's good for the people who have complained about having games they don't want in their libraries from keys which contained multiple.

I'm talking about permissions. I'm very paranoid.

#10952 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6731 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I am getting a tin foil hat ready for you

#10953 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

No sir, I won't participate in HB's if this is how they wanna do.

I like cheese.

#10954 pantsattack   Grant Thrift Auto CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

pantsattack

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

This is entirely impractical, but do the keys redeem to the account signed in? Can you split keys between accounts by signing into Steam as a different user?

#10955 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6731 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

No sir, I won't participate in HB's if this is how they wanna do.

Someone is cranky

#10956 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4201 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

This is entirely impractical, but do the keys redeem to the account signed in? Can you split keys between accounts by signing into Steam as a different user?

I could be wrong, but on my first redemption it asked me if I wanted to link it to my Steam account.  On subsequent games/redemptions, it automagically redeemed them on the account I "connected", no prompting/asking for a different account.

<Put's on tinfoil hat>

#10957 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4050 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't trust you. You may put hidden little holes on purpose...

#10958 cyrus386  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Aw man, I am feeling a strong need to buy some new games.  Humble weekly was my best hope of holding out during the Steam sale.  Now I might cave and buy the OMD and Sherlock Holmes franchise packs.  (Although I just noticed: no Hound of the Baskervilles in SH pack? Thought it was in there before.)

Maybe I'll just activate this key for The Cave I have sitting around to tide me over...

I need help.

#10959 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Ummm... if that's all you're getting with that card than something is very wrong.

You playing in 4K?

I don't know, I think I used to have Nvidia Inspector set up to limit the game to 40ish fps but I've reinstalled drivers and done clean installs since then, I didn't think that could still be affecting things.

I just checked Inspector and there are no frame rate limiters set. I turned up all the settings like AA and AO, everything to max. Playing at 1200p, if I should be getting more then I need to know. I've been wondering if my CPU is holding me back, I thought it was pretty good still. i5 3570k but not overclocked.

76561197996799113.png

#10960 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6731 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I don't trust you. You may put hidden little holes on purpose...

That is EXACTLY how I ended up with a kid. You make a valid point. I'm on the tin foil hat train now.

#10961 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I could be wrong, but on my first redemption it asked me if I wanted to link it to my Steam account.  On subsequent games/redemptions, it automagically redeemed them on the account I "connected", no prompting/asking for a different account.

<Put's on tinfoil hat>

After you refresh, there is unlink button.

#10962 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I hope everyone who buys this bundle and authorized Humble on Steam wakes up tomorrow morning with a copy of Bad Rats in their library.

#10963 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I hope everyone who buys this bundle and authorized Humble on Steam wakes up tomorrow morning with a copy of Bad Rats in their library.

As soon as you say it you've made it come true :cold:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#10964 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

As soon as you say it you've made it come true :cold:

Just to be sure I made the screen of my glossy monitor all black to be reflective and said Bad Rats three times.

#10965 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5237 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Statistically speaking, it's actually far more likely that you own Magicka and didn't realize it.

It's my old steam account (used only for idling) and even steam store doesn't show that it owns magicka.

http://i.imgur.com/WGyvXT6.png

#10966 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13765 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

Someone is cranky

<Put's on tinfoil hat>

I think HB are the cranky ones in need of tinfoil hats. "OMG PEOPLE ARE RESELLING STEAM KEYS, IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST US! WE GOTTA PUT A STOP TO THIS RESELLING OF EXCESS KEYS SINCE IT'S AGAINST OUR TOS!"

Bundlegate.

#10967 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8285 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:13 PM

I may need to buy more from the Steam Halloween sale to ease the pain of this crappy humble weekly.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#10968 BrownDerby   🐟 CAGiversary!   678 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BrownDerby

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Are any of the worms games here good? I don't think I've ever passed on two humble weeklys in a row. I guess this is what happens when I buy 91 billion games in a steam sale (jkizzles, 91 billions is more like 4)

Worms Armageddon is the best one. The Pinball game's okay, and Blast is a nice Puzzle Bobble-type with annoying character voices. I didn't like Worms Revolution at all, very slow and sluggish and for some reason the worms cough a lot between turns.

$1 tier yes, BTA no.

uLNpWnq.png

#10969 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8703 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think HB are the cranky ones in need of tinfoil hats. "OMG PEOPLE ARE RESELLING STEAM KEYS, IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST US! WE GOTTA PUT A STOP TO THIS RESELLING OF EXCESS KEYS SINCE IT'S AGAINST OUR TOS!"

Bundlegate.

It's bad enough that their recent weekly sales have been filled with games and no DLC - which is intentional so you have to buy the DLC and these companies get more money that way.

And now this?

I don't like where Humble is going.

#10970 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Now all we needs is Jade Empire to go on sale... ;)

how bout driver sf sale cmon ubisoft stop being soft jerks

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#10971 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2560 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

I didn't like Worms Revolution at all, very slow and sluggish and for some reason the worms cough a lot between turns.

The doctors sided with the Czar and had to be eliminated.

We all have to make sacrifices for the Revolution. 

#10972 Eldredpe   Disconcerted CAGiversary!   2560 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's bad enough that their recent weekly sales have been filled with games and no DLC - which is intentional so you have to buy the DLC and these companies get more money that way.

And now this?

I don't like where Humble is going.

It really is disgusting providing 6 full games for $1.00 and then having the audacity not to provide all of the additional, optional content along with it at no extra charge.

Humble might as well drop their pants and shit in my mouth right now. Just get it over with. 

#10973 radioactivez0r   Up and Atom! CAGiversary!   3916 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

radioactivez0r

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I wouldn't care too much about basically being required to redeem the keys to your account if they weren't bundling some games 3+ times in bundles.  Fuck that.

I ended up grabbing 3 75% off games and realizing that I have a key for Edna & Harvey from a Gala gift (thanks fox!), so I'm set.

Posted Image

#10974 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23554 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

how bout driver sf sale cmon ubisoft stop being soft jerks

You mean didn't buy it back when UPlay long ago had it for $1?

{Eyebrow raised}

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10975 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Worms, Alien Breed, and Superfrog in the new humble weekly. There's also a new key redemption process. You have to login with Steam and give Humble permission to activate the keys. You no longer get access to them directly.

Your Steamgifts points are going to rise a lot slower now.

that ea like im goign to rant on them

lets  tell them to suck their dick at night did ea took over the company cause this is unhumble. now i i cant give anyone the keys that i ddont need yup unhumble can go to hell with me for real. this is crap what if one key i want theni cant give it to friend that nice jerkhumble they should move to north korea where they belong with our corruptd govt. nope 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#10976 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

You mean didn't buy it back when UPlay long ago had it for $1?

{Eyebrow raised}

i want it on steam and deluxe edition 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#10977 aclayton   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

If you're looking for a Halloween game to play tonight that's on the other end of the spectrum from the horror/zombie types, I strongly recommend giving Costume Quest a go..  If it's not sitting in your library from a previous purchase/bundle, it's still 75% $3.74, and definitely worth it.

I know I was initially turned off a bit by the "you're trick or treating" description, but that's just a high-level explanation of why you're going around and having actiony semi-turn-based fights with monsters, with time-based button presses, a la Mario/Luigi RPG or PA Adventures 1+2, etc.  The graphic style is warm and perfect, the music is great, just a surprisingly fun game that I've played through each of the past two Halloweens.  This morning my wife and I both found ourselves independently thinking about it and wanting to play it again tonight.

A great game to sit and unwind with after going out trick-or-treating, or while handing out candy, it perfectly captures the spirit and excitement you had for Halloween as a young 'un.

#10978 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

It really is disgusting providing 6 full games for $1.00 and then having the audacity not to provide all of the additional, optional content along with it at no extra charge.

Humble might as well drop their pants and shit in my mouth right now. Just get it over with. 

they going to bee ea of indie bundles no offense but that customer unfriendly cough ea target govt

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#10979 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8703 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Yes, truly.

You may not have a problem with that, but I do.  That's not all, they're now selling games that have DRM restrictions and additional layers on top (Paradox accounts). It's just not a path I had hoped they would take.

#10980 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8285 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Now all we needs is Jade Empire to go on sale... ;)

I want Jade Empire soooo bad. This along w/alpha protocol need a 75% off asap.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gabenfunbux, cardz, steam, steam deals, steam cards, pc