GameStop PC Download Summer Sale

I've tried four times to place an order and they keep cancelling.  I've tried different CCs...oh well, I guess Gamestop doesn't want my money.

It's also not an immediate service.  It takes 2 hours for them to tell me each time it's been declined.  Wonder how long it'd take to get my key if it actually went through...

I've tried four times to place an order and they keep cancelling. I've tried different CCs...oh well, I guess Gamestop doesn't want my money.

It's also not an immediate service. It takes 2 hours for them to tell me each time it's been declined. Wonder how long it'd take to get my key if it actually went through...
I had this exact same problem during the fourth of July sale trying to preorder Saints Row 4. I even tried Paypal. Same thing happened. I ended up just giving up.

Dishonored is $10 for today's deal
Good luck getting this to go through!

I had this exact same problem during the fourth of July sale trying to preorder Saints Row 4. I even tried Paypal. Same thing happened. I ended up just giving up.
I tried a couple more times and called twice. I was told they have one of the most strict billing policies on the internet which is why it takes so long to process and why a lot of people get rejected. One time they said my billing email address didn't match...never even heard of matching an email address. I just so happen to put all my gaming stuff in one email and use another for just about everything else.

Even after changing the email address and copying & pasting my billing address straight from what my CC company had, I still couldn't get it to go. This is especially exhausting since you have to wait 2-3 hours between trying to order. The last person I talked to said I should wait three business days because now I'm flagged for trying to many times.

I don't see why Gamestop is even trying to get into digital distribution if they are going to make it so difficult to buy from them. I should have grabbed Skyrim from Steam directly during the summer sale. I'll just wait until another site has it cheap =/

Last edited by a moderator:
I always have the same problem with Gamestop, I can't ever order anything online from them because they keep rejecting all my credit cards. However, if I go into a brick and mortar store they can charge my credit card there with no problems--none of which helps me whenever I try to buy anything online, however. (I haven't tried Paypal yet though). And I hate going into their stores to deal with their employees.

No issues here. Missed out on dishonored during the steam sale for the same price....same with borderlands 2.  But thanks to amazon and gamestop (surprisingly) i was able to snag both for the same prices. Not if only shogun 2 could come down a bit somewhere

I always have the same problem with Gamestop, I can't ever order anything online from them because they keep rejecting all my credit cards. However, if I go into a brick and mortar store they can charge my credit card there with no problems--none of which helps me whenever I try to buy anything online, however. (I haven't tried Paypal yet though). And I hate going into their stores to deal with their employees.

Can you use your credit card to buy a gift card and use it for your online purchases? Not sure how often you shop on GS.com but that is one potential solution.

FYI, I was able to walk into a Gamestop store today and buy a PC download code at sale price.  Then put that code into the Gamestop app to get my Steam code.  Finally, I put that code into Steam and downloaded the game.

bread's done
Back