Black 3DS XL - Out Now

EvilMakiPR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
It appeared in a Canadian store's flyer(Real Canadian Superstore). Available July 26.

Black-3DS-XL.jpg

That's a slick look. I doubt I'm ever going to get an all white 3DS XL, so this might be the next best thing.

How I loathe the blue/red...

That's a slick look. I doubt I'm ever going to get an all white 3DS XL, so this might be the next best thing.

Theres always special edition models, chances are we are getting one or both of the Pokemon X/Y ones in October. I'm still hoping for that Charizard model

Theres always special edition models, chances are we are getting one or both of the Pokemon X/Y ones in October. I'm still hoping for that Charizard model
That's a good point. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to inbox a special edition model, sadly.

I thinks it will be more easy for Nintendo if you could customize your 3DS.
Yeah, it'd be pretty awesome if they had a site with a bunch of pre-made designs or something where you could custom order a system. Most handheld designs seem bland lately, especially compared to all the awesome stuff Japan gets. Japan gets the badass SMTIV XL, and we get the Animal Crossing Poptart

The blue XL is fine in person actually. Looks like a much better darker blue hue when you actually see it. One of those cases where the color doesn't seem to translate well to the online images.

The blue XL is fine in person actually. Looks like a much better darker blue hue when you actually see it. One of those cases where the color doesn't seem to translate well to the online images.
I own a blue XL. The color is just so... childish? Gray, white or black-- I like to keep it simple.

I want one except I really don't want to have to swap all my Ambassador games, my dsiware, etc again. I'll probably just stick with my blue black XL.

I probably would have bought black if available when I got mine.  But I don't mind the blue at all, and am not remotely tempted to switch.

Black is the one I really wanted and would have bought that if they had them. I went with whatever was in the best condition on Cowboom at the time since I wanted to play Animal Crossing. I'm okay with my red one though.

Black on Black looks a bit boring now that I have my Blue/Back 3DS XL. Although I would be all over a white version. Brings back great DS lite memories.

I don't doubt we'll eventually get a white one also, there are other countries with that color choice.

I see that there's a clear 3DS XL in another country now too...always wanted the clear GameBoy when I was younger, so I'd definitely pick that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man oh man, how I covet this new model. Wonder if I'd be able to sell my blue/black model and recoup a majority of the cost of a black/black model...

No to both
Oh well. Some guy on CL was advertising a 3DS XL, asked him about color and responded with White. I had asked him if he meant pink/white since there is no white XL. Turns out he bought it in Switzerland, and was told all games should work on it. Tried telling him its true for DS games but not 3DS.

Picking it up for my son probably Monday. Got him Luigis mansion and he likes playing it really want to try out Etrian odyssey

I got it at Best Buy (PMed the Target price) yesterday.

I'll have to say this upgrade (from my Day-1 Cosmo Black 3DS) is well worth every cent.  Project X Zone (65 hours already logged) simply looks much better on a larger screen...the colors also seem to be more vibrant.  Very pleasing on the eyes.  Nice to have physical, not stickered, Select/Home/Start buttons for a change.

Happy Gaming!

The XL is what I always recommend for those deciding between the standard and the XL.  The larger screen just by itself is enough to justify buying the XL.  So much easier on the eyes after a period of game playing.

The XL is what I always recommend for those deciding between the standard and the XL. The larger screen just by itself is enough to justify buying the XL. So much easier on the eyes after a period of game playing.
Agreed. I wouldn't have gotten a 3DS if the XL hadn't came out. The DS Light cramped my hands and the screen was just too small, so I was very resistant to the size of the original 3DS.

I got the Black XL on Monday from Best Buy. It was not on the floor yet so I made them go down to the warehouse and bring some to the floor. It was easy for me to get it price matched at Target's $175.

bread's done
Back