this country is so f*cked up its not even funny.

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
i have been working everyday for the past  17 years now and been saving  some cash   every   week and putting in the bank.  A few weeks back i started noticing that my lower back started hurting, so i went into to my doctor  (dont even get me started on what the son of a bitch charged me)   and they said i  might have  the start of a  degenerative   disc  disease or   herniated disc  might be starting.  the doctor then comes out and says if it gets  worse  you may have to  quit your job   for awhile ...

this is where the bullshit comes into.  Since i  WORKED for the past  17 years   and  i saved  my own cash, i find out that i have too much   SAVINGS to even be able to  get   welfare or  food stamps  until i Use  up all of the cash that i worked and saved ..

This is what pissed me off the  most, as  i was walking out the worker goes... That is why we tell the people coming into our office   Dont even work cause  if you do  you will not  be able to get anything free.  and if you have a family it would be  wise to  try to have another child so  we  can add another person to your family size. 

we are not allowed anything cause we work  BUT our neighbors  are  allowed to bring in   friends to their household to get more  cash... it was just them and their  3 children when they moved in . Now its them. their 3 children the  grandparents and  2 people  they know    so they now can claim   9 people instead of  5 and all they do is sit on the asses and drink beer and laugh about how much money the government is giving them for not working 

they are telling people  DON'T WORK   so these people  who never worked a day in their fucking lives  can sit on their asses while people who worked for the past   XXXX  YEARS  GET    F*cked up the asses by the goverment..

like my uncle said   dont be shocked if you see another civil war  

I'd look into reporting welfare fraud on your neighbors then.  Also, you should be able to collect disability from your job if you are out of work because of an injury, regardless of whether or not it happened on the job.

very easy solution to your "problem" of having too much money:

Remove most of your savings from your bank and other reportable places and keep it somewhere safe & secret such as a safety deposit box.  Do NOT keep it at your house; we all know what will happen within 48 hours of you having cash stored at your house.

If push comes to shove and you're ever asked about where your money went, simply tell them you lost it all from gambling.  There's no way to disprove it, and with your luck they'll believe it.  Problem solved.  Hope your back gets better.  Try sitting in different chairs than what you normally do, they can sometimes add to lower back pain when your already having minor issues.

ALSO: welfare and food stamps are completely different from SSI/disability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slidecage is actually 57 years old.

I'm kidding but you need to realize that you are not poor so you don't get welfare. You will qualify for Social Security Disability and possibly Medicare down the line.

I'd look into reporting welfare fraud on your neighbors then. Also, you should be able to collect disability from your job if you are out of work because of an injury, regardless of whether or not it happened on the job.
Slidecage is a paperboy. Paperboys do not get benefits especially if they are subcontractors. I am 100% serious that he is a grown man and his job is paperboy.

i have been working everyday for the past 17 years now and been saving some cash every week and putting in the bank. A few weeks back i started noticing that my lower back started hurting, so i went into to my doctor (dont even get me started on what the son of a bitch charged me) and they said i might have the start of a degenerative disc disease or herniated disc might be starting. the doctor then comes out and says if it gets worse you may have to quit your job for awhile ...

this is where the bullshit comes into. Since i WORKED for the past 17 years and i saved my own cash, i find out that i have too much SAVINGS to even be able to get welfare or food stamps until i Use up all of the cash that i worked and saved ..

This is what pissed me off the most, as i was walking out the worker goes... That is why we tell the people coming into our office Dont even work cause if you do you will not be able to get anything free. and if you have a family it would be wise to try to have another child so we can add another person to your family size.

we are not allowed anything cause we work BUT our neighbors are allowed to bring in friends to their household to get more cash... it was just them and their 3 children when they moved in . Now its them. their 3 children the grandparents and 2 people they know so they now can claim 9 people instead of 5 and all they do is sit on the asses and drink beer and laugh about how much money the government is giving them for not working

they are telling people DON'T WORK so these people who never worked a day in their fucking lives can sit on their asses while people who worked for the past XXXX YEARS GET F*cked up the asses by the goverment..

like my uncle said dont be shocked if you see another civil war
Country gets into bigger debt, while unemployment rises and they wonder why. This administration encourages no work ethic, and punishes people for having a work ethic. It's pretty ridiculous but what do you expect when an election is decided upon celebrity status and color rather than intellect and business prowess.

The fact that you even applied, or even thought about applying for government assistance makes you a gigantic hypocrit in the first place given your history of coming down on anyone who does ask, or is currently on, government assistance.

The fact that you even applied, or even thought about applying for government assistance makes you a gigantic hypocrit in the first place given your history of coming down on anyone who does ask, or is currently on, government assistance.
Not true. He said that if Obama was re-elected, he would go on welfare or some shit. I'd say it's more like he's behind schedule by a few months. I'm dying to see the results. :rofl:

Not true. He said that if Obama was re-elected, he would go on welfare or some shit. I'd say it's more like he's behind schedule by a few months. I'm dying to see the results. :rofl:
Yeah, you're right actually. If only we knew his real name so we could let social security know to be accepting his application. What with government inefficiency and all, I bet he'd really appreciate being bumped to the top of the list.

So you want government assistance, even though you already have the money you need? How are you not worse than the people you're bitching about?

So you want government assistance, even though you already have the money you need? How are you not worse than the people you're bitching about?
Because now it's him that's asking, it's different now. See, he shouldn't have to spend the money he's saved because he's worked every day for 17 years, that's enough for slidecage now and he shouldn't have to work anymore. The money he saved is his and now he wants yours because all the other people get it. It makes perfect sense if you just break it down correctly.

Slidecage is a paperboy. Paperboys do not get benefits especially if they are subcontractors. I am 100% serious that he is a grown man and his job is paperboy.
There is nothing wrong with being a grown man and delivering newspapers. It's an honest job for an honest wage.

You're the one showing your immaturity, not slidecage.

(Holy hell I just defended slidecage. )

Slidecage is a paperboy...I am 100% serious that he is a grown man and his job is paperboy.
Umm, yeah. They made an entire TV series about him, duh. Why do you think he has so much money?

51lLNyvXs9L.jpg

I would much rather see my tax money go to a person with a proven work record to help out during a bad time than a person who has never contributed to society, lives in public housing, doesn't want a job, and continues the cycle of generational poverty as soon as they are sexually mature. Is the only way to truly wipe out poverty mandatory, reversible sterilization at a young age? Make people apply for permits to have children, much like a driver's license. Show you are in a stable relationship with an acceptable level of income and savings, get approved for your kid. ;)  I am against almost all gov't welfare, but, since we seem to be stuck with it, let's at least brainstorm actual solutions rather than just perpetuate a cycle of handouts. fuck the ACLU ;) . It goes against my Libertarian beliefs, but if we are gonna have BIG gubment nanny state policies, then go all the way. Actually fix something in this country? Unheard of in this day and age...

PS: End all corporate and foreign welfare as well. How the hell did we get to this point???

I would much rather see my tax money go to a person with a proven work record to help out during a bad time than a person who has never contributed to society, lives in public housing, doesn't want a job, and continues the cycle of generational poverty as soon as they are sexually mature. Is the only way to truly wipe out poverty mandatory, reversible sterilization at a young age? Make people apply for permits to have children, much like a driver's license. Show you are in a stable relationship with an acceptable level of income and savings, get approved for your kid. ;) I am against almost all gov't welfare, but, since we seem to be stuck with it, let's at least brainstorm actual solutions rather than just perpetuate a cycle of handouts. fuck the ACLU ;) . It goes against my Libertarian beliefs, but if we are gonna have BIG gubment nanny state policies, then go all the way. Actually fix something in this country? Unheard of in this day and age...

PS: End all corporate and foreign welfare as well. How the hell did we get to this point???
flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg

show me a job where i can work 4 hours a day and make 36,500 a year just on that one job
Don't you read those signs people put up on the freeways exits? "Make $50,000 from home working a few hours a day, no experience required, just call XXX-XXX-XXXX for more information."

I would much rather see my tax money go to a person with a proven work record to help out during a bad time than a person who has never contributed to society, lives in public housing, doesn't want a job, and continues the cycle of generational poverty as soon as they are sexually mature. Is the only way to truly wipe out poverty mandatory, reversible sterilization at a young age? Make people apply for permits to have children, much like a driver's license. Show you are in a stable relationship with an acceptable level of income and savings, get approved for your kid. ;) I am against almost all gov't welfare, but, since we seem to be stuck with it, let's at least brainstorm actual solutions rather than just perpetuate a cycle of handouts. fuck the ACLU ;) . It goes against my Libertarian beliefs, but if we are gonna have BIG gubment nanny state policies, then go all the way. Actually fix something in this country? Unheard of in this day and age...

Aren't you a firefighter or something along those lines? I know these services vary from state to state but here in CA you can be called an overpaid glorified Ambulance. I actually find your way of thinking hilarious and very contradictory considering your profession.

*I posted this assuming you were a FF, I think I've seen you or somebody mention that.

Aren't you a firefighter or something along those lines? I know these services vary from state to state but here in CA you can be called an overpaid glorified Ambulance. I actually find your way of thinking hilarious and very contradictory considering your profession.

*I posted this assuming you were a FF, I think I've seen you or somebody mention that.
It is not hilarious to me. We all do what we can within the system.

I am indeed a FF, we also run the EMS system in our city so I ride the ambulance some too. I was just about to become a teacher before I got the FF gig, so paint me as a should be "liberal" all the way. What is hilarious and contradictory about my way of thinking? As Silk said, I got a job in the system that is established that pays me decently, provides an abundance of free time(though we actually work a 52 hour work week), provides a pension, is sometimes exciting, and allows me to make positive changes in strangers lives from time to time(plus the chicks, young chicks dig FF's, the older ones are smart enough to realize that we don't make bank ;) ). I can honestly say that I have saved a few lives, though most of the calls are BS. Stupid people actually make up the most of our calls so I should applaud our subsidizing of uneducated teenaged breeding, right? But they don't pay the bills for our services and cause the majority of unnecessary EMS visits that jack up our medical payments. How is having a police/fire service contradictory to my beliefs that most welfare should be abolished? Doh tried making that point a while ago, somehow comparing me to a welfare recipient I think. I didn't understand it then, maybe you can explain it better.

Hhehehehehehe....please elaborate on this. I am not totally against a mandatory 3 year stint of public service for all 18 year olds in this country. Many do not receive the discipline, work ethic, self responsibility, and respect lessons that should be a part of every successful and productive young person's life to give them the best chances. If only our military was used in its proper Constitutional capacity to defend us..........

Hhehehehehehe....please elaborate on this. I am not totally against a mandatory 3 year stint of public service for all 18 year olds in this country. Many do not receive the discipline, work ethic, self responsibility, and respect lessons that should be a part of every successful and productive young person's life to give them the best chances. If only our military was used in its proper Constitutional capacity to defend us..........
If you've seen Starship Troopers then there's no further elaboration needed. Sounds like you'd be happier in Israel with its mandatory military service. I mean hell, it's solved all of their problems, right?

Mandatory service would be good for people and especially discipline for many out of control young people.  Seeing these supposed know it all's actually have to get out of their comfort zone would be pretty funny too.   i could envisage dohdoh trying to bring numerous lawsuits on people for his own failure to be a man.

If you've seen Starship Troopers then there's no further elaboration needed. Sounds like you'd be happier in Israel with its mandatory military service. I mean hell, it's solved all of their problems, right?
Israel doesn't have the same problems the US does, not in terms of social and parenting and all that kind of ill disciplined disrespectful youth.

Israel doesn't have the same problems the US does, not in terms of social and parenting and all that kind of ill disciplined disrespectful youth.
Nah, most of their problems come from constantly antagonizing their neighboring countries; I can't imagine how a culture forced into military service would have that problem...

Mandatory service would be good for people and especially discipline for many out of control young people. Seeing these supposed know it all's actually have to get out of their comfort zone would be pretty funny too. i could envisage dohdoh trying to bring numerous lawsuits on people for his own failure to be a man.
Do you know who else ordered mandatory service? Hitler. Are you saying that you want the US to be Nazi Germany? Are you a Nazi?:roll:

I am indeed a FF, we also run the EMS system in our city so I ride the ambulance some too. I was just about to become a teacher before I got the FF gig, so paint me as a should be "liberal" all the way. What is hilarious and contradictory about my way of thinking? As Silk said, I got a job in the system that is established that pays me decently, provides an abundance of free time(though we actually work a 52 hour work week), provides a pension, is sometimes exciting, and allows me to make positive changes in strangers lives from time to time(plus the chicks, young chicks dig FF's, the older ones are smart enough to realize that we don't make bank ;) ). I can honestly say that I have saved a few lives, though most of the calls are BS. Stupid people actually make up the most of our calls so I should applaud our subsidizing of uneducated teenaged breeding, right? But they don't pay the bills for our services and cause the majority of unnecessary EMS visits that jack up our medical payments. How is having a police/fire service contradictory to my beliefs that most welfare should be abolished? Doh tried making that point a while ago, somehow comparing me to a welfare recipient I think. I didn't understand it then, maybe you can explain it better.
I could understand were the frustration comes from, who wouldn't get mad at a bunch of lazy people eating up social services. The point I was trying to make was you being in a profession where you help people but contradict it by always attacking the very same people you help. I know FF salary varies, here in CA they make pretty good money, the average salary is $77. I've had a few guys tell me they make well over $100k with fire season. Can't you agree that these guys make way too much money sitting around the fire station doing nothing most of the time and just drain money down the social pipeline? I just want to make it clear I have nothing against FF, I'm just using them as a point and it's a service I'm happy we have.

I do agree that changes need to be made but bitching about whats wrong isn't going to fix anything, I think more people need a more proactive approach including myself. I've written to Diane Feinstein a few times and I think it's pretty useless, they respond with such a generic letter.

Do you know who else ordered mandatory service? Hitler. Are you saying that you want the US to be Nazi Germany? Are you a Nazi? :roll:
The wife's uncle and great grandfather were but that's a whole other story but as you said they were forced into it.

I could understand were the frustration comes from, who wouldn't get mad at a bunch of lazy people eating up social services. The point I was trying to make was you being in a profession where you help people but contradict it by always attacking the very same people you help. I know FF salary varies, here in CA they make pretty good money, the average salary is $77. I've had a few guys tell me they make well over $100k with fire season. Can't you agree that these guys make way too much money sitting around the fire station doing nothing most of the time and just drain money down the social pipeline? I just want to make it clear I have nothing against FF, I'm just using them as a point and it's a service I'm happy we have.

I do agree that changes need to be made but bitching about whats wrong isn't going to fix anything, I think more people need a more proactive approach including myself. I've written to Diane Feinstein a few times and I think it's pretty useless, they respond with such a generic letter.

The wife's uncle and great grandfather were but that's a whole other story but as you said they were forced into it.
I genuinely enjoy helping people, and I see no contradiction in acknowledging poor and inefficient policies of our gov't while doing it. I don't make 70 grand a year, at least not from firefighting. I do get a pension, 50% at 20 years, 65% at 25. No healthcare once I retire. Our new guys have to pay in 5% towards retirement. I just want the gov't (state, local,federal) to uphold the deal I signed in under. Poor economic planning and inefficiencies can cripple municipalities. Detroit retirees might be lucky to get 50% of their earned pensions. The saying among firefighters is that we are not always paid for what we do, but what we might have to do. We do work 24 hour shifts and are away from home and family during those nights. I got up three times the other night for BS calls. The last one was for a regular who lives in subsidized housing. He activated his medical alert so that we could prop his leg up with a pillow at 4:30 AM.....his medicare nurse wouldn't arrive till 7. I was super nice to the guy, as always. I'm just a nice guy in general, but I figure I'm paid to be nice as well. I do have a problem with selfish people who are 25 years old or less and have 3 kids while suckling all of the tax payer money they can get. We have "incentivized" this behavior and unwed motherhood with our welfare programs. I want solutions, reread my sterilization proposal. Drastic as hell, yes, but if you saw the conditions that these kids are living in then you would think continuing this cycle is crazy as well. Money without education is not the answer, and I've lost a lot of hope in humanity's ability to sacrifice and better themselves lately.

On another topic, who here supports a $15 minimum wage? Should an unskilled laborer make as much as a firefighter, policeman, or EMT?

I'm not going to argue that our social development in society has degraded, especially in urban areas.

Teenagers at their finest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOcAywD9u0E

heres another point here locally 

they want 75,000 bucks to move a statue    3 blocks       while there are people standing on the corners  begging for cash... like they cant use that  75k   to  give them.. instead of moving a  statue  

Don't be asinine. No one is going to support this guy. But to act like he is the face of SNAP is retarded (even for Fox news).  "91% of our viewers don't want to support him" - shocking. 

and $200 ain't much for food a month...especially "gourmet"

p.s. if you don't have any inkling that you are being manipulated by this report. There's really no hope.

Don't be asinine. No one is going to support this guy. But to act like he is the face of SNAP is retarded (even for Fox news). "91% of our viewers don't want to support him" - shocking.

p.s. if you don't have any inkling that you are being manipulated by this report. There's really no hope.
$200 aint much? I do not want this type of aid given to other people but there are far more families deserving of it if we continue to do so. Obviously he is not the first one and there are many who stay willfully unemployed to leech off the system, you should be more concerned about that than pointing out the issues with the polls.

Don't be asinine. No one is going to support this guy. But to act like he is the face of SNAP is retarded (even for Fox news). "91% of our viewers don't want to support him" - shocking.

Manipulated? Because I want a system in place that stops this abuse? And I see MAJOR abuse everyday where I work. A paradigm shift in work ethic and stigma of being on welfare should scare most intelligent people.

Manipulated? Because I want a system in place that stops this abuse? And I see MAJOR abuse everyday where I work. A paradigm shift in work ethic and stigma of being on welfare should scare most intelligent people.
Intelligent people would realize that Spicoli is trolling the fuck outta you and that the goons from Faux Newbz told him to ham it up. This is where the manipulation comes into play because you're feeding into their manufactured narrative...but like I said, intelligent people would realize this; not knee-jerking non-thinkers.

Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse.

Intelligent people would realize that Spicoli is trolling the fuck outta you and that the goons from Faux Newbz told him to ham it up. This is where the manipulation comes into play because you're feeding into their manufactured narrative...but like I said, intelligent people would realize this; not knee-jerking non-thinkers.

Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse.
Of course the douche bag is playing up the badboy character, but is he, an able bodied person, benefiting from the work of others due to gov't threats of force? Yes. We've been down this merry path with each other before, Doh. You don't view people who already have kids that they can't support, having more kids, all the while smoking and drinking and doing a damn poor job of parenting, as abusing the welfare system? Are these people selfish assholes, or just too stupid to realize that procreating while on gov't assistance is foolish? Gimme your explanation if these are not the only choices. Kids suffer due to generational poverty that is limped along because of gov't welfare.

Thanks for the "knee-jerking non-thinkers" insult. Its a good reminder of how weak your arguments are that you immediately go into bashing mode.

Of course the douche bag is playing up the badboy character, but is he, an able bodied person, benefiting from the work of others due to gov't threats of force? Yes. We've been down this merry path with each other before, Doh. You don't view people who already have kids that they can't support, having more kids, all the while smoking and drinking and doing a damn poor job of parenting, as abusing the welfare system? Are these people selfish assholes, or just too stupid to realize that procreating while on gov't assistance is foolish? Gimme your explanation if these are not the only choices. Kids suffer due to generational poverty that is limped along because of gov't welfare.
Says the guy that gets paid by the same "threat of force." :roll:

Aren't you abusing the same taxpayer dollars when you're getting paid while you sleep or take a shit? It's not like you're doing anything work related during those times.

So are we talking about Spicoli or not? Cause it seems like you just want to go on a tangent about some other bullshit that deals with completely different circumstances. By your operating definition of "abuse," EVERYTHING is fucking abuse except that YOUR "abuse" is somehow justified.

Thanks for the "knee-jerking non-thinkers" insult. Its a good reminder of how weak your arguments are that you immediately go into bashing mode.
Hey genius, I'm not the one having an aneurysm over some fluff piece about a guy that bought supermarket sushi and a lobster. Anyone with two brain cells should be able to break down how unrealistic that guy's scenario as portrayed is. Fox News is in the entertainment business; not the news business. The fact that you're taking that 9 minute clip seriously says more about you than me.

Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to.

edit: For shits and giggles, some here would say that "knee-jerking non-thinkers" isn't an insult because being passive aggressive doesn't count.

You really gonna compare firefighters to welfare recipients spitting out kids???? I can't argue against delusional. I also didn't go off on any tangent. You asked, "Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse." I told you about the situations I see everyday at work. No apology needed....

"Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to."-Doh.  Hheheheheeheheheee...isn't that exactly what you did? Can you also gimme your explanation if welfare abusers are selfish, stupid, or a third unknown? Do you believe that most people have the intelligence and self control to NOT have kids while on gov't assistance? I do, but we have "incentivized" child birth.

You really gonna compare firefighters to welfare recipients spitting out kids???? I can't argue against delusional. I also didn't go off on any tangent. You asked, "Tell me more about the abuse you see though. I'm dying to know what you define as abuse." I told you about the situations I see everyday at work. No apology needed....

"Btw, if my argument was weak, I'd be changing the subject like you just tried to."-Doh. Hheheheheeheheheee...isn't that exactly what you did? Can you also gimme your explanation if welfare abusers are selfish, stupid, or a third unknown? Do you believe that most people have the intelligence and self control to NOT have kids while on gov't assistance? I do, but we have "incentivized" child birth.
If being paid to sleep on the government's dime isn't abuse, then neither is covering kids on government assistance. BOTH are under the purview of using services/funds for legitimate purposes. And spare me your entitlement complex for your "profession" as if you deserve more than what you're already getting compensated. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's abuse.

If people having grown up with a school administrator as a father in a nice lily white suburb aren't intelligent enough to realize that his life isn't the typical experience of the vast majority of the population, I have lower expectations in regards to certain types of knowledge for those that didn't have those resources. It's like asking someone to understand algebra when that person only understand addition while you, yourself, don't even understand multiplication. What those "welfare abusers" do is less offensive to me than a glorified EMT that benefits from a union, but doesn't kick in his share. That's the definition of being a government leech.

edit: People are going to have sex and have kids planned or not regardless of their ability to financially or emotionally support them whether they make a billion dollars or get subsidies from the government. Unless you're advocating for sex education, free condoms in school, or OTC birth control pills, your indignation rings hollow. Cutting people off except for the ones you approve of is not a solution.

bread's done
Back