Red Wii + free Wii Remote (preowned) $69.99 at GameStop

I'm not so sure this is really a deal. Would you even get a red Wii Mote with the Motion Plus like what came with that system. I bought the Red Wii Bundle and kept the box and everything together and I'm not so sure its even gonna be considered a colectable or special in 10 years.

I remember going on a hunt for one of these when they were first released...finally found one, bought it, then regretted it.  As much as I love the color red (my favorite color, I might add), it just didn't look right with all of my other stuff; just kinda stuck out like a sore thumb against all those black electronics, shelves, etc.  I immediately sold it because I wasn't too certain it would gain any value or become a collector's item.  Good deal though if you really, really want one.

How much are used Wii's actually worth?  I plan on selling my Wii once I upgrade to Wii U.  Why would I want to keep it?  It's backwards compatible but I don't have GC games.

edit: This looks like a really bad deal.  They're a lot cheaper on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting because the Red Wii is rather rare. It came with mario right? if anyone has it new, hold on to em, they will be worth money imo.

New DS lites area already selling for over face value because they are becoming rare new. The red wii will be worth something in 3 years imo

This is interesting because the Red Wii is rather rare. It came with mario right? if anyone has it new, hold on to em, they will be worth money imo.

New DS lites area already selling for over face value because they are becoming rare new. The red wii will be worth something in 3 years imo
What exactly is MSRP for a ds lite?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Crimson-Black-Handheld-System-/261251624838?pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cd3cf6f86&nma=true&si=1KmUBqBvNuoTW%252BEb0q7%252BK8GlhEY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I bought a red wii from GS 7 months ago or so.  I bought it cause I cared not for quality, and that was a good attitude to have.  

It came with a giant red sticker over the side to cover up the scratches on the system.  It looked out of place, so I took it off and the system was pretty scratched up.  Like someone tried to clean it up and made it worse with circle scratches.  The sticker was hard to get off, but it left no residue.  The biggest bummer is that the controller was not red OR a wiimote plus.  The picture clearly showed a red wiimote plus, but I knew in the back of my mind that it might be a normal one because other bundles specifically said "remote plus" on the titles.  Yes it is BC and has all the ports.

I got it because the only other option was ebay.  If you just want the system color, get it.  There are cheaper bad quality white Wii's out there if color does not matter.  Want quality?  Pass

How much are used Wii's actually worth? I plan on selling my Wii once I upgrade to Wii U. Why would I want to keep it? It's backwards compatible but I don't have GC games.

edit: This looks like a really bad deal. They're a lot cheaper on eBay.
I hold on to mine because it's ridiculously easy to softmod and with an external HD, I can emulate every game ever released for NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, Genesis, and a bunch of MAME stuff.

Ad does not even mention you would get a Wii mote plus or even an official Nintendo branded one. That pic of the extra Wii mote does not look right.

I bought a couple of new red wii's when they came out and have them stored in top of a closet. I even got the cardboard box they came packed in with both systems serial numbers matching the box. I think they like all new nintendo consoles will go up in value a considerable amount in the coming years. I also have a crap load of the 25th anniversary of super mario bros limited editions put back. I have every nintendo console released in the U.S. new except the gamecube and I regret not picking a few of those up when I saw them new at toy's r us for $49.99 a few years ago right after they stopped making them.

I bought a couple of new red wii's when they came out and have them stored in top of a closet. I even got the cardboard box they came packed in with both systems serial numbers matching the box. I think they like all new nintendo consoles will go up in value a considerable amount in the coming years. I also have a crap load of the 25th anniversary of super mario bros limited editions put back. I have every nintendo console released in the U.S. new except the gamecube and I regret not picking a few of those up when I saw them new at toy's r us for $49.99 a few years ago right after they stopped making them.
At first I thought this post was a joke then I kept reading. Seek help. Seriously.

Wii console is not going to increase in value. They sold like 100 million of them, really, thats alot of consoles floating around.  Only thing of value right now from the Wii is the Wii remote plus and I don't even think the ad says it gaurantees an offcial Ninteno regular Wii mote, just a used wii mote.  On a good weekend I can get a Wii on craigslist. New Wii's are like 100 on clearance/sale from time to time. Used on AWD goes up and down, I've seen 55-100 but like new and complete. 

IS this model Backwards compatable?
Yes. Red Wii is only a backwards compatible model.

Blue Wii was not backwards compatible.

To our knowledge the old model remains in limited production, since Japan never removed Gamecube support.

Wii console is not going to increase in value. They sold like 100 million of them, really, thats alot of consoles floating around. Only thing of value right now from the Wii is the Wii remote plus and I don't even think the ad says it gaurantees an offcial Ninteno regular Wii mote, just a used wii mote. On a good weekend I can get a Wii on craigslist. New Wii's are like 100 on clearance/sale from time to time. Used on AWD goes up and down, I've seen 55-100 but like new and complete.
Nah. craigslist simply doesn't work here. Go look for video games listed in Freeland WA.

I would buy a red wii simply to have one. But I have 2 already one the disc drive went bad so I soft modded it and installed my game library to a hardrive, but it is a netflix machine. Also have a black wii which I use primarily. Once I get a red wii I'll need a blue one too it'll go on. 

Why is the wii mini not here in the US?

I didn't care that much about a red system, but I made sure to get a complete set of official red controllers so that I have 4 different colors: White, Black, Gold, Red... wii-mote, nun-chuck, classic controller, steering wheel... very cool. The only thing not official is the red steering wheel, but it's an awesome knock-off.

bread's done
Back