PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time & PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale both $20 at GameStop *And Amazon

Probably a dumb question, but do we know if these are permanent price drops or just a "hot deal" of sorts?  Don't usually pay much attention to GS's pricing, but would still like to pick up Sly.

Do you think on a price match at Best Buy it would stack with the $20 off on PAS?
That was my first thought.

They always say you can only do one or the other. Your best bet would be to try and purchase multiple things in the same transaction, price match and then be like oh yeah I have this coupon.

Tempted to do it myself but don't really feel like going through the hassle...

Last edited by a moderator:
Preowned might have the vita version already activated, right? How does this thing work anyways, I'm new to this crossbuy thing.
Yes. There is a chance that the previous owner has claimed the vita game. The way it works is that instead of getting a code voucher that feature is build into the game. So you don't have to enter any codes but you can only claim the vita game only once.

I am pretty sure that BB's system doesn't allow for a price match and use of this coupon. It definitely doesn't work with @Gamer coupons, but I'm not sure about these reward zone offers. Anyone give it a try?

Grabbbed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale from amazon.

I hope I have enough room left on my Vita. I will have to check later.

I am pretty sure that BB's system doesn't allow for a price match and use of this coupon. It definitely doesn't work with @Gamer coupons, but I'm not sure about these reward zone offers. Anyone give it a try?
I really want someone to try this out because I would be all over it if it works, though I don't really have the time this week to waste on a failed attempt

I really want someone to try this out because I would be all over it if it works, though I don't really have the time this week to waste on a failed attempt
I tried earlier and it didn't work. a few days ago i put a post in the Request a Deal Section.

BB did a PM to about 23.07 (Price it was before) and then I tried using the 20 Dollar Reward Zone Offer. It wouldn't take.

Also could have been due to the cashier being lazy and putting the game at a price of 19.99 versus over 20

I tried earlier and it didn't work. a few days ago i put a post in the Request a Deal Section.

BB did a PM to about 23.07 (Price it was before) and then I tried using the 20 Dollar Reward Zone Offer. It wouldn't take.

Also could have been due to the cashier being lazy and putting the game at a price of 19.99 versus over 20
:cry:

Tempted to pick up Playstation All Stars. Game looks pretty fun and looks like an easy platinum too. I'll take the week to think about it.

The coupons take the price off the orginal price. So even if you do the PM, it will still just take $20 off of $39.99 which is why it doesn't work.

You'd have to get lucky and get a manager that would willingly give you a game for free.

Thanks Op went to gamestop and picked up All Star Battle Royale with a gift card I had since Christmas so I only payed $6.xx out of pocket for it so pretty good deal.

Tempted to pick up Playstation All Stars. Game looks pretty fun and looks like an easy platinum too. I'll take the week to think about it.
If you are talking Amazon, I think this is more of a temporal price drop, so I would expect it to raise in price soon.

Thanks OP.   I went and bought it as well.  I figure $10 apiece for the PS3 and PS Vita Version is pretty nice.  Plus, my son and I can play against one another online.  I debated on Sly Cooper as well.  Is it worth the $20 ?

Thanks OP. I went and bought it as well. I figure $10 apiece for the PS3 and PS Vita Version is pretty nice. Plus, my son and I can play against one another online. I debated on Sly Cooper as well. Is it worth the $20 ?
I bought the new Sly at full price earlier this year because I really liked the series from the PS2 days and it was fully worth the $40 I spent on it then. I guess the real question is are you into the old Sly games or 3d platforming games?

Probably a dumb question, but do we know if these are permanent price drops or just a "hot deal" of sorts? Don't usually pay much attention to GS's pricing, but would still like to pick up Sly.
This is what I want to know. if its permanent then I can expect it to drop again. If its temporary, I'll go pick it them up.

Thanks OP. I went ahead and picked up Sly today. I had an order in at estarland but it got back ordered. Cancelled. :)

I wish I could use Steam Wallet funds on this.. hahah I have a bunch still left over from the mediocre summer sale :lol:
I feel ya there. Way over estimated how good the summer sale was going to be.

Why the hell isn't Amazon matching Sly and Persona 4 Gold? They really suck these days.
I don't know. I was at Gamestop like an hour before this thread was posted so don't really want to go back there today (plus my thing against gutted games) and the nearest BBY is out or I would PM it there with an RZ cert.

Thanks to GoW Ascension I have all of the characters, so it's probably worth trading in my Vita copy for the PS3 version.
I got the short end on that. Bought the GoW bundle and the code was like a month past expiration already. :(

Looks like I may get Sly this weekend. I got a few more things to swap in for it.

I played the first one, going to work on the second tonight, so might as well add another game to the backlog.

I got lucky and was able to stack a price match with the Gamers Club coupon at Best Buy to score PSASBR for the low low price of free. The store GM happened to be standing at the gaming counter when I asked if stacking was possible and she said yes without really looking at the coupon. So Shaq-Fu yeah for happy, non-knowledgable managers!

edanaqus.jpg

I feel ya there. Way over estimated how good the summer sale was going to be.

I don't know. I was at Gamestop like an hour before this thread was posted so don't really want to go back there today (plus my thing against gutted games) and the nearest BBY is out or I would PM it there with an RZ cert.

I got the short end on that. Bought the GoW bundle and the code was like a month past expiration already. :(
Did you try entering it? The expiration dates don't always mean they're actually expired.

I got lucky and was able to stack a price match with the Gamers Club coupon at Best Buy to score PSASBR for the low low price of free. The store GM happened to be standing at the gaming counter when I asked if stacking was possible and she said yes without really looking at the coupon. So Shaq-Fu yeah for happy, non-knowledgable managers!
Damn....some people are just lucky. Congrats. Might try after work if the traffic doesn't kill me today.

Tried stacking with the 20 off at best buy.. Unfortunately they added my reward number before they price matched so it already showed it for 20 so they wouldn't let me price match. If you're going to try print the coupon and don't use your reward number.

edanaqus.jpg
What order did they do to do this. I price matched first then gave them my rewards zone card since it has the coupon attached to it. However, the computer caught it and automatically took the price match away.

bread's done
Back