* * * * * 6 votes

Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

#301 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2905 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

no sir. i captured the wildcard spot over the jags both of the last two seasons, but thanks for the words of encouragement!

*Shakes fist in air* My poor Jaguars. They were the most best team of terrible players ever. My ultra talented QB was a 55OVR. :D

I want to play this year, but I don't think I will have the time to play in two leagues until November. I will be back, eventually. I will have no problem picking up whatever team is open at the time.

#302 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hahaha....shots fired!! Lmao

Lol, I should've thought a little harder on that one. 

#303 Mr Grand Cru   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Mr Grand Cru

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I can't wait for the demo on the 13th

#304 Og whitewidow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Og whitewidow

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Little Bseti, had to settle for third on his list...

#305 Og whitewidow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Og whitewidow

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

#306 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hopefully you are actually engaged with the Pats this year. You must admit, that team was wasted last year.

#307 BSETI50   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Its a waste for widdow to even have a spot in this league.

If anyone wants to switch teams lemme know imm the bbrowns

#308 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

I'd like to start a discussion about using an actual draft class imported from NCAA '14 with reall current college players. I think it'd be a great idea if the commissioners would allow it. It would also eliminate the use of the polarizing draft spreadsheet.

#309 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'd like to start a discussion about using an actual draft class imported from NCAA '14 with reall current college players. I think it'd be a great idea if the commissioners would allow it. It would also eliminate the use of the polarizing draft spreadsheet.

How has this worked in the past? You would only get one year of the draft class correct, then it would go back to the generic Madden ones? We're definitely discussing it.

#310 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

How has this worked in the past? You would only get one year of the draft class correct, then it would go back to the generic Madden ones? We're definitely discussing it.

We can import a new class every year...NCAA would have real players until year 5 (all current players would be graduated by then). Beyond the 5th year, its a matter of whether we want the  madden generics or the NCAA generics, but again, the spreadsheet cheat would be non-existent if we used the college version.

I already have two draft classes from my offline dynasty in NCAA which I haven't altered in any way and I don't know if the commissioner has to own the file to import the class.

#311 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I don't have NCAA 14 and I'm pretty sure Fero skipped it this year as well. My assumption is that if we go that route we'll use the Operation Sports rosters, sim through 5 years and then import the draft class when needed.

Is that how you would do it? I love the idea of killing off the draft spreadsheet.

#312 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

That's a great idea...os didn't touch the ratings this year btw. But that's the best way to do it imo

#313 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

And logistically if possible one of you could pass me the commish baton to import the file if need be

#314 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5989 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:08 PM

so with it be no pre injuries does that mean i would get harvin on seattle even if he is already injured?

#315 DVO21   Non-Pro League CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

so with it be no pre injuries does that mean i would get harvin on seattle even if he is already injured?

yes u will have harvin at 100%

#316 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

Great I ended up in the same division as Doom...

I feel the same way. But I can't do worse than I did in Madden 13... right?

#317 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Last year I brought up an idea that a few people seemed to like: the Rookie Swap.

Basically, before the start of the season we can all offer each other trades for the Rookies. Like a first for a first, second for second.

For Example: during the pre-season, or before we start, the Jets and Eagles could exchange Lane Johnson for Dee Millner. Or chiefs could give Fisher to Miami for Dion Jordan.

Kind of makes it like we were all involved in this years draft.

How does that sound?

#318 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

You could just do trades, no? 

Since I'm a Jets fan, I wanted the team in part because of Dee and Richardson (and GENO) so I want to see those guys grow on my team, but I can see that working for others. 

#319 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

I understand that in doing it, you pretty much lose all the NFL simulation integrity right at the start. But it would just give everyone a chance to jump right into team building mode, which I find one of the more fun parts of a Madden career mode.

#320 DVO21   Non-Pro League CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Ya i wanted the bengals becuz of there rookies as welland AJ Green

#321 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

Ya i wanted the bengals becuz of there rookies as welland AJ Green

Yea, that should be a really fun team.

#322 RamesuThe1   Rah-mess-u CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

RamesuThe1

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Last year I brought up an idea that a few people seemed to like: the Rookie Swap.

Basically, before the start of the season we can all offer each other trades for the Rookies. Like a first for a first, second for second.

For Example: during the pre-season, or before we start, the Jets and Eagles could exchange Lane Johnson for Dee Millner. Or chiefs could give Fisher to Miami for Dion Jordan.

Kind of makes it like we were all involved in this years draft.

How does that sound?

I wouldn't like it, personally. I like to keep things more traditional.

#323 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Really wish the demo was already out. I just got a massive brace put on my leg (fractured the bone below my knee, just got the MRI results), and I'm going to be SO BORED this week and especially this weekend. Gimmie Madden!!

#324 DVO21   Non-Pro League CAGiversary!   3497 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Yea, that should be a really fun team.

ya i'm hoping there ratings arent that bad they made the playoffs 3 years in a row they might have been 1 and done each time but still should be a top team i would think. my only worry is dalton getting the shit end of the stick. hes a good QB but the media seems to think he won't be a great QB which i think hes doing fine considering the fact that hes still very new to the league. but i'm excited to see what the bengals rookie TE and RB will look like. plus the WR core isn't really that bad on the team and they have a few quick guys well. i've very excited about my team.

#325 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Really wish the demo was already out. I just got a massive brace put on my leg (fractured the bone below my knee, just got the MRI results), and I'm going to be SO BORED this week and especially this weekend. Gimmie Madden!!

What games did you end up picking up?

#326 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

ya i'm hoping there ratings arent that bad they made the playoffs 3 years in a row they might have been 1 and done each time but still should be a top team i would think. my only worry is dalton getting the shit end of the stick. hes a good QB but the media seems to think he won't be a great QB which i think hes doing fine considering the fact that hes still very new to the league. but i'm excited to see what the bengals rookie TE and RB will look like. plus the WR core isn't really that bad on the team and they have a few quick guys well. i've very excited about my team.

I have a feeling your rookie TE and RB will be Madden studs.

Dalton usually has mid-upper 80 Madden ratings, with progression I think you'll be fine.

#327 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Damn, that sucks.  Is this another basketball injury?

You're getting old, my friend.  ;)

#328 ubernes   Megacorner CAGiversary!   5271 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Damn, that sucks.  Is this another basketball injury?

You're getting old, my friend.  ;)

Of course! I was told to "stop trying so hard" after this last one. You know you're old when your bones just start cracking on you. This one was particularly brutal though. Not typical wear and tear. Time to develop that finesse game. 

What games did you end up picking up?

I demoed all the ones I mentioned (Gunslinger, CastleStorm, State of Decay). All were fun, but I didn't feel compelled to buy any. I just popped in Arkham City and NBA2k13 and finally put some time into those. I've living vicariously through my Create A Player on 2k.

I might go back to Skyrim or Mass Effect 3, but I like that I can just flip on Arkham City and only play for 30-60 mins and leave it be. Same with 2k. 

#329 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Of course! I was told to "stop trying so hard" after this last one. You know you're old when your bones just start cracking on you. This one was particularly brutal though. Not typical wear and tear. Time to develop that finesse game.

I feel you.  I get at least 2 or 3 softball/football injuries a year, but I'll never learn.

#330 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

I might go back to Skyrim or Mass Effect 3, but I like that I can just flip on Arkham City and only play for 30-60 mins and leave it be. Same with 2k. 

I'm totally at that point with my 'gaming career.' After an hour I'm usually done with whatever I'm playing. Starting to transition to a lot more games that are like that.