$50 Amazon Gift Card get a free $10 Credit

Jeff Jr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got this in E-Mail 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_67690_31039000_pe_ecg/?docId=1001278751

You can send the gift card to yourself like another e-mail address or to your home address.

Important Notification:[SIZE=12.222222328186035px] This offer is good ONLY to customers who received the e-mail invitation. If you did not receive an e-mail invitation, you are not eligible for this offer. Customers receiving the invitation must use the Amazon.com account associated with the e-mail address to which the invitation was sent in order to qualify.[/SIZE]

-For qualifying purchases, a promotional code of $10 ("Promo Code") will be sent by August 15, 2013 to the e-mail address associated with the Amazon.com account used to purchase the GCs.

-Promo Code is valid through and expires on September 30, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT).

-Limit one Promo Code per customer/primary e-mail address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some very important fine print

Important Notification: This offer is good ONLY to customers who received the e-mail invitation. If you did not receive an e-mail invitation, you are not eligible for this offer. Customers receiving the invitation must use the Amazon.com account associated with the e-mail address to which the invitation was sent in order to qualify.

I haven't received this email.  Think they've done it before and I never saw one that time.  Looks like you need a promo code.

Jeez, I didn't get the email. How much did you spend on Amazon this year and last to receive it? Or I wonder if it was the gift cards you've bought in the past.

Some very important fine print

Important Notification: This offer is good ONLY to customers who received the e-mail invitation. If you did not receive an e-mail invitation, you are not eligible for this offer. Customers receiving the invitation must use the Amazon.com account associated with the e-mail address to which the invitation was sent in order to qualify.
And the Sept 30 use by date.

Jeez, I didn't get the email. How much did you spend on Amazon this year and last to receive it? Or I wonder if it was the gift cards you've bought in the past.
Got an e-mail about it last month too but didn't take up the offer.

Got another e-mail last week and bought a gift card this time.

I've been redeeming Amazon gift cards from Bing rewards maybe that's why I got the offers?

Got an e-mail about it last month too but didn't take up the offer.

Got another e-mail last week and bought a gift card this time.

I've been redeeming Amazon gift cards from Bing rewards maybe that's why I got the offers?
That reminds me to automate my points for today lol, I need to make a bot for bing rewards :(

Come on, Amazon--where's my invite? Have you looked at my purchases? My long running Prime Membership? My grocery subscriptions? Local shopkeepers curse my name when I drive by...

Yet again, Amazon ignores me. I put in thousands of dollars in buying and selling over the past few years and I haven't gotten their $5 or $10 offer. I also read about a birthday credit. I also never got that.

What gives?

I received the email, bought the gift card but never received the $10 credit code.  Contacted customer support and they hooked it up no problem.  So if you don't see your credit code, I would contact support.

When do I get the promo?

I got the email and I bought the card...but no Promo applied to account

Edit: nvm it takes a while to get it in ur email I guess...Amazon says it will be sent by August 15

Yet again, Amazon ignores me. I put in thousands of dollars in buying and selling over the past few years and I haven't gotten their $5 or $10 offer. I also read about a birthday credit. I also never got that.

What gives?
It cuts deep, I know. I get a ton from amazon every year and never get these promotions. Anecdotal evidence points to these promotions being sent to people who require incentives to buy. Unfortunately for us we are chained to the convenience amazon brings, and they know it.

Got it today.

Can u buy one for a family member for giftception?
You can buy it for yourself, no need to play games, amazon just wants the money :).

What gives?
That's ok. If you spend that much on amazon, the key isn't the $5 or $10 promo, it's the ridiculously easy time you get when contacting amazon about any issue.

(Although I'm not sure thousands over a few years is that much to amazon.)

Edit: didn't realize this was an older thread. Was hoping to get an email.

It cuts deep, I know. I get a ton from amazon every year and never get these promotions. Anecdotal evidence points to these promotions being sent to people who require incentives to buy. Unfortunately for us we are chained to the convenience amazon brings, and they know it.

You can buy it for yourself, no need to play games, amazon just wants the money :).
That's too bad that people who actually pay money to Amazon don't get a reward for it.

Just got my $10 promo code!

Says it is good through Sept. 30, 2013.
Interesting. It could be by person and not in waves this time.

That's ok. If you spend that much on amazon, the key isn't the $5 or $10 promo, it's the ridiculously easy time you get when contacting amazon about any issue.

(Although I'm not sure thousands over a few years is that much to amazon.)

Edit: didn't realize this was an older thread. Was hoping to get an email.
I get a hard time when I contact Amazon about an issue. Customer Support refuses to help me. I still get them to help, but it takes a long time because they go in circles as much as they can.

This is relevant anyway because it seems to be by account requirements and not as much by masses.

That's a pretty clear indication that you're not spending all that much on amazon. Or that you've got a lot of customer support requests.

My ratio of purchases to support requests should be good. The foreigners I get (and I get like 90% foreigners) try to not help me but the others do pay attention and help me much faster. Maybe I got tagged to the outsourced support.

Told Amazon when I bought the card that I didn't get my 10 dollars, support added 10 to my account. Just got another one too lol

My wife and I finally got this offer (both of our accounts) except our codes aren't supposed to expire until the end of October.  How long did it take you to get your promo code after you ordered the GC?

kool.. hate to try from another account but i assume it should work..

also why is this thread rated 1 star
Mine went to my regular email while my wife's went to the "promotions" tab on gmail. I removed those tabs from my gmail account.

edit:

Here's the email title:

Your name: Get a $10 Credit When You Give $50 in Amazon Gift Cards--Exclusive Offer

I spend thousands of dollars a month with amazon gift cards and I've never gotten this deal and amazon would be stupid to give me this deal. They probably give this deal to customers who bought a lot in the past but haven't been buying as much lately., to try to get them spending again

What gives?
They already have your guaranteed business they don't need to offer you anything

Yea was wondering something similar. Can you use credit to buy the $50 amazon gift card? Or does it have to be cash? Also is this digital or physical?

I spend thousands of dollars a month with amazon gift cards and I've never gotten this deal and amazon would be stupid to give me this deal. They probably give this deal to customers who bought a lot in the past but haven't been buying as much lately., to try to get them spending again

They already have your guaranteed business they don't need to offer you anything
No business is guaranteed. They don't need to offer me incentives to buy, but I never said that they did. Stop dealing with so many absolutes. The Sith do that.

Yea was wondering something similar. Can you use credit to buy the $50 amazon gift card? Or does it have to be cash? Also is this digital or physical?
You can't buy credit with credit. That's how the term "CAGception" started.

No business is guaranteed. They don't need to offer me incentives to buy, but I never said that they did. Stop dealing with so many absolutes. The Sith do that.

You can't buy credit with credit. That's how the term "CAGception" started.
Dang. Regardless if I pay the $50 can I just gift it to myself and it adds it to my available balance? Or am I getting a physical gift card mailed? New to this promo and got the email today.

Here are your options for the card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=gc_lp_wl3_tcg_compare?ie=UTF8&docId=1000653221&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=4115E2CDFBCA4E16928F&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1578793522&pf_rd_i=3063530011

You can just get the card in any way and redeem the code at amazon.com/gc on the left side where it says you can redeem it. You should be able to gift it to yourself without a problem.
Alright thanks! Hopefully I dont screw this up.

• Promo Code is valid through and expires on October 31, 2013, 11:59 PM (PT).

Is that referring to the date you have to redeem the code by entering it into your account, or does the actual $10 from that code go poof if you don't use it by Oct 31?

I got the email but hadn't checked that account in a week. Just sent myself a code since i'm getting Madden with NFL ticket deal in a few weeks anyway. Thanks for heads up.

bread's done
Back