Are these good things to get for a 3DSXL?

wildthing2022000

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
I use the 16GB class 10 version of that SD card and it hasn't given me any issues :)

The HORI screen protector is also great. Easiest screen protector i've used. I really like the way you apply it! You basically line it up and then pull a tab, opposed to the "peel and try to line up before too much dust sticks" method a lot of others use lol

I don't use a body protector like that, but I don't see any issues :)

The SD card is great, and fine. I have the screen protector as well, and it's really easy to apply and it doesn't even look like there is one on it! Can't speak for the Hori case, but I have a clear one that provides the same protection and an off brand and it seems to work well. Only problem for mine is that derbies seem to get caught in there.

So here's a question... has anyone tried one of the Capcom Monster Hunter / Mega Man aluminum cases? I would think they add bulk or would scratch up the system...

I always trust Hori for my system protection.

I would believe that the Capcom cases would be around the same bulk as that Hori cover you posted.  Cases aren't suppose to scratch up the systems...

You probably don't need that much storage. Nintendo portable consoles use much less data than TV consoles and they write most of the data onto the cards themselves.

I upgraded to 16 GB because it was a low price at the time. I doubt that I will fill that and I mostly use the 3DS.

For protection, this might be good.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=nerf%203ds%20xl

The 3DS XL is quite flimsy compared to the original. It needs a little bulk to hold it better. Nerf material protects well and it doesn't attract dust and dirt like silicon/gel.

An update to my previous post.  The Hori screen protector was applied today and it went on flawless and easy.  Easily the easiest screen protector I have used.  A bit of advice, when smoothing out bubbles, smooth over something besides your just applied screen protector.  This will prevent any markings on the actual protector if you get a bit rough with the smoothing process.

The DSi case I linked also fits perfect for the XL.  I'm waiting on the TPU slip on protector for the XL and I'll see how that fits over the XL AND into the case.  The DSi case has been discussed as the best case for the 3DS XL and I can see why.  Ample room for cartridges (8 to 16 if you double them up in the elastic pockets), ample room for the AC adapter, even probably a DC adapter as well, so far, excellent protection for the naked 3DS XL.

If you go the aluminium route or nerf play-in case, it will scratch the console. You need to apply skin protectors before to avoid this. You can get them clear or plain as well as 1000's of designs. For my set up I used a skin with a cool design to match my red 3dsxl (there will be a 'trim' revealing the original 3ds color so pick something that matches), then used a crystal case for some protection and to show off the skin design, then put it inside a red amazon basics 3dsxl case for travel. I keep my wall & car charger in one of those pouches from club nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back