Amazon Ni No Kuni $20; Madden 13 $15; Need for Speed MW $15; GoW Ascension $20; FIFA 13 $18; Injustice $35; Skyrim Legendary $40 - Free S&H

Please note that you have to add $5 worth of merchandise in order to be eligible for free shipping.

I sold my copy of ascension before this sale started and the dude hasn't paid still and won't return emails even though he's got reputable feedback. It's aggravating because it's possible he saw this and now don't wanna pay. I hate dealing with people that don't pay, it takes awhile for all the crap to clear up and I gotta bother with relisting and all that.

Thing to note is Amazon shows the standard edition of Project X Zone. If you go to BB, or WM/Target to PM you might be able to get the LE with the artbook, poster, and soundtrack. The soundtrack is easily worth the $10 as it's 25 songs.

Last edited by a moderator:
skyrim legendary for $40 is a steal. $45 worth of dlc + a game that will easily be playable for 100 hours for $40. ordered it already

Thing to note is Amazon shows the standard edition of Project X Zone. If you go to BB, or WM/Target to PM you might be able to get the LE with the artbook, poster, and soundtrack. The soundtrack is easily worth the $10 as it's 25 songs.
OP updated, thanks for the info.

First reaction:  Yes!  Submitting a lower price to Amazon (sending them Best Buy's price on GOW:Ascension) worked!  And I've been waiting for a drop on Skyrim.

Second reaction:  I really shouldn't another $60 on games I have no time to play.  :( 

The life of a CAG.  Bitter sweet to the end.

First reaction: Yes! Submitting a lower price to Amazon (sending them Best Buy's price on GOW:Ascension) worked! And I've been waiting for a drop on Skyrim.

Second reaction: I really shouldn't another $60 on games I have no time to play. :(

The life of a CAG. Bitter sweet to the end.

Skyrim is $35 @ TRU.

Wouldn't Skyrim Legendary Edition drop further at some point?

Heard tha GoA:A single player is terrible (?) Is it a dual layer? My PS3 has issues reading The Last of Us (or more like it doesn't read the disc at all).

Skyrim is an absolute steal.  Do yourself a favor and buy if you havent already, only game in the last couple years that even the vanilla edition was worth the $60 price point.

Anybody have an opinion on FIFA?  Havent played a soccer game in years but I'm tempted.

Wouldn't Skyrim Legendary Edition drop further at some point?

Heard tha GoA:A single player is terrible (?) Is it a dual layer? My PS3 has issues reading The Last of Us (or more like it doesn't read the disc at all).
From a GoW fan, yes the SP is disappointing. Lack of boss battles so the the "big moments" felt lacking compared to GoW 2+3. This game I think has a fun MP component on the other hand.

I'm having the same issues as well asyour PS3 not reading dual layer disc. But there are a couple of things you can try. You can get a disc cleaner and try that, or manually open it up and clean out yourself. You might need a new Blu-ray component though. Not reading dual layer disc is usually a sign of the laser dying.

Or you can do what I did. There's a video on YouTube where a guy put his PS3 standing up so that the disc entry is facing up and the fan/vents are facing downward to get his system to read the disc. I have tried it and it does work for some reason. Just make sure you give it ground clearance so it can vent the hot air. Posting from my phone so it's hard to post the video now, but you can search something like "PS3 not reading dual layer disc" and find it.

I'm having the same issues as well asyour PS3 not reading dual layer disc. But there are a couple of things you can try. You can get a disc cleaner and try that, or manually open it up and clean out yourself. You might need a new Blu-ray component though. Not reading dual layer disc is usually a sign of the laser dying.
Or you can do what I did. There's a video on YouTube where a guy put his PS3 standing up so that the disc entry is facing up and the fan/vents are facing downward to get his system to read the disc. I have tried it and it does work for some reason. Just make sure you give it ground clearance so it can vent the hot air. Posting from my phone so it's hard to post the video now, but you can search something like "PS3 not reading dual layer disc" and find it.
You mean this one?

Awesome! Thanks OP for the heads up on Amazon price matching Best Buy on these deals. I was happy when I got the email from Best Buy that said they were dropping God of War Ascension down to $20! Come to find out, however, that most of the games on their sale list (GoW included) were "Not available for shipping." What a bunch of crap  :whistle2:x. They will sure as shit sell you MoH: Warfighter for 10 bucks and ship it to you for free though, since they probably have 3.7 bazillion copies that nobody bought just laying around taking up space.

Oh well, since Amazon price matched it's an even better deal: No tax (!), free 2-day shipping (!!), no need to go into an abundantly overpriced big box retail store, the closest of which is a 50 minute drive away from where I live (!!!), and MUCH better customer support if, for any reason, I would need to deal with them (!!!!). I've been wanting to play the newest God of War since it came out, but I decided I would wait for a decent price drop, and $20 is right in my wheelhouse. Thanks again for the heads up OP! Cheers!

God of War isn't showing up for me at $19.99 when I click the link, it goes to a third party merchant copy.  When I look at the one sold direct from amazon it isn't showing up as $19.99 either.

God of War isn't showing up for me at $19.99 when I click the link, it goes to a third party merchant copy. When I look at the one sold direct from amazon it isn't showing up as $19.99 either.
Same here. Guess its dead? As of this post its $34.24 via Amazon. :whistle2:/

Good price for GOW:A, but somehow my gut telling me it will be added to PS+'s IGC sometime this year.

Same here. Guess its dead? As of this post its $34.24 via Amazon. :whistle2:/

Good price for GOW:A, but somehow my gut telling me it will be added to PS+'s IGC sometime this year.
This is exactly why I'm so hesitant to buy any PS3 games now. Seriously, I'm thinking of just getting a yearly PS+ membership and nothing more on my PS3.

This is exactly why I'm so hesitant to buy any PS3 games now. Seriously, I'm thinking of just getting a yearly PS+ membership and nothing more on my PS3.
I'm sticking with just madden and GTA then onto PS4 and whatever is on ps plus

I finally tried (PS3 standing up), and sadly, it did not work. I guess I'll end up buying a new console whenever a sale shows up.

Anybody have an opinion on FIFA? Havent played a soccer game in years but I'm tempted.
I've played FIFA 13 and 12 after not playing a FIFA since the PS1 days. I got it because I wanted to learn soccer and figured it was the best way to do it. I love the living shit out of it.

Argggg, can't believe I missed God of War... That's what I get for not checking this site every day. Really hoping Amazon gets some more in stock, that was the exact price point I was waiting for.

UPDATE: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and bought!

Bit on Skyrim for $40. I was waiting for the bundle and would've dropped $60 on it last month, but I preordered Payday 2 instead.

idk if gow is worth it. seeing a lot of negative reviews. I don't care about multiplayer and most are saying the game is a step down from its predecessor.

OP updated, thanks for the info.
As always, no Wal-Mart anywhere should be PM'ing Amazon, or anything besides a paper ad. According to corporate policy, any employee that is caught PM'ing a website, even walmart.com, is supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Same with a manager that allows this practice.

Target and Best Buy both PM Amazon though, that's worth a shot.

idk if gow is worth it. seeing a lot of negative reviews. I don't care about multiplayer and most are saying the game is a step down from its predecessor.
Wondering the same thing myself. Between my MMO's, my backlog, and Injustice, I doubt I'll barely touch the MP. I've never been a huge GoW fan to begin with, and if the single player is actually weaker than the previous games I'd have a hard time justifying over $10 for it. I think I am gonna bite on Ni No Kuni at Best Buy, but unless I still have leftover credit afterwards I think I'm gonna pass.

Last edited:
As always, no Wal-Mart anywhere should be PM'ing Amazon, or anything besides a paper ad. According to corporate policy, any employee that is caught PM'ing a website, even walmart.com, is supposed to be fired on the spot, no questions asked. Same with a manager that allows this practice.

Target and Best Buy both PM Amazon though, that's worth a shot.

Wondering the same thing myself. Between my MMO's, my backlog, and Injustice, I doubt I'll barely touch the MP. I've never been a huge GoW fan to begin with, and if the single player is actually weaker than the previous games I'd have a hard time justifying over $10 for it. I think I am gonna bite on Ni No Kuni at Best Buy, but unless I still have leftover credit afterwards I think I'm gonna pass.
that was the old policy. The new policy allows PMs to websites without a paper ad.

Best Buy price matches Amazon if Amazon is the direct seller, which in this case they are.

I snagged GoW from Amazon, wish I would have just went to best buy to not pay shipping.  Lesson learned.

I picked up Fifa after selling my copy a month ago because my girlfriend hates I play it too much.  

I called and learned about their PM policy with Amazon.  It didn't matter though.........   my BB had already marked fifa at 17.99.  It's 19 something after tax but it's a great deal, I already have my online pass so I'm selling this new one.

You should probably contact amazon CS, GoW Ascension has free standard shipping now although it was not offered when the sale, went live.

bread's done
Back