$10 Toys R Us Bonus when you cash in at Kroger using Coinstar

Sauron96

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Get a $10 Toys“R”Us bonus when you cash in $40 or more at Coinstar—exclusively at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores—for a Toys“R”Us eGift Card. Your $10 bonus code will print on your receipt. Remember, there’s absolutely NO FEE when you cash in for eGift Cards. Offer available July 26-Aug. 11, 2013, at these stores: Kroger, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, King Soopers, Dillons, City Market, Smith’s, Baker’s, Ralphs, QFC, and Gerbes.
https://www.coinstar.com/SpecialOffersDetail/PromoId/34

First attempt at starting a thread - hope it makes sense. 

Makes sense. Thanks OP!

Now the question is: how can I get $40 in quarters??

Mmmmm... laundromat's change machine? ;)

Long as you're going to spend that $40 at TRU or somewhere they offer a giftcard to on the Coinstar machine, otherwise they charge you a fee.
No, you HAVE to get a TRU gift card to get the bonus $10 - I figure clever people will do the same trick they did with the Meijer $50 gift card for $40 - either get Kindle gift cards or pay off a PS4/Xone and get it for significantly cheaper. Just the extra step of going to the bank and getting change. Hell, even a parent thinking about Xmas shopping can use extra TRU money.

No, you HAVE to get a TRU gift card to get the bonus $10 - I figure clever people will do the same trick they did with the Meijer $50 gift card for $40 - either get Kindle gift cards or pay off a PS4/Xone and get it for significantly cheaper. Just the extra step of going to the bank and getting change. Hell, even a parent thinking about Xmas shopping can use extra TRU money.
Ah, missed that bit of the fine print.

I'm not in the right part of the country to take advantage of this deal, but I just used a Coinstar machine tonight at a local supermarket, and they take bills in addition to coins. Not sure if that's true everywhere, but if it is, you might not even need to go to the bank.

Nice. We got a Ralphs near here. Now I wonder if the $10 promo gift card can only be applied once per account.

Bonus codes expire on 12/31/2080. Should have plenty of time to use it. :rofl:

I'm not in the right part of the country to take advantage of this deal, but I just used a Coinstar machine tonight at a local supermarket, and they take bills in addition to coins. Not sure if that's true everywhere, but if it is, you might not even need to go to the bank.
Really? I thought there were Kroger and TRU stores everywhere.

Appears to be valid at Ralph's as well:

https://www.coinstar.com/SpecialOffersDetail/PromoId/34

Get a $10 Toys“R”Us bonus when you cash in $40 or more at Coinstar—exclusively at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores—for a Toys“R”Us eGift Card. Your $10 bonus code will print on your receipt. Remember, there’s absolutely NO FEE when you cash in for eGift Cards. Offer available July 26-Aug. 11, 2013, at these stores: Kroger, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, King Soopers, Dillons, City Market, Smith’s, Baker’s, Ralphs, QFC, and Gerbes.

The idea for using it towards a PS4 was a good one. If you were to drop $400 in the machine you would get 10x $40.00 GC = $400.00 + $100.00 bonus for buying a extra controller and tax for it all. Not terrible. 

Cheapest possible way to get a base PS4 would be $320.00 in change for $400.00 in credit. Not a bad deal at all. $80.00 off but the question is when Toys R Us would have PS4's in stock.

I got this email, too.  Of course it's a week after I use a Coinstar to get an Amazon GC.  Had just about $40, too.  Oh well.

Either way, it said Kroger brand stores.  So any store owned by Kroger should give this deal.  There's a list on Wikipidia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroger#Chains

Also, I can verify that the Coinstars around me take bills as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know you could convert your coins to a gift card without a fee. Definitely going to do this to put more $ down on my PS4 at Gamestop. Thanks OP!

Edit. Does it HAVE to be over $40 to not get a fee? Or is that just to qualify for the extra $10 @ TRU?

I didn't even know you could convert your coins to a gift card without a fee. Definitely going to do this to put more $ down on my PS4 at Gamestop. Thanks OP!

Edit. Does it HAVE to be over $40 to not get a fee? Or is that just to qualify for the extra $10 @ TRU?
It only has to be over $40 to get the extra $10 at TRU.

I think there is a minimum needed to get gift cards, but it varies by the brand.

Late adopter here... tempted to try this out to get the PS3 GTAV bundle. Save 50 bucks off an already good price.

this would be really good if you can buy kindle cards at tru with GC. Then wait for a cheaper price on ps4 or just use it to get an extra.10 haha

edit-to bad I had to spend my 52 dollars in beer and cat food. Self checkout. That took forever.

Told my wife. Mistake. Now looks like I gotta pay for a new jogging stroller from Babies R Us. Basically means 20% off with this deal but we already have 2 strollers and one is a jogger. 4 if you count the two, cheapy, umbrella strollers.

Told my wife. Mistake. Now looks like I gotta pay for a new jogging stroller from Babies R Us. Basically means 20% off with this deal but we already have 2 strollers and one is a jogger. 4 if you count the two, cheapy, umbrella strollers.
LOL. Being a parent myself, I can relate because I've gone down this path before. Take home message: Don't mention it to the boss because she'll make an excuse to buy something that the family really needs instead of "junk".

I've only gotten AMZ credit at Coinstar machines before....would this TRU eGiftCard be the same, ie only usable on TRU.com?  If so, that would pretty much wreck the deal for me.  I hardly EVER order off their site, because of the ridiculous shipping charges.  Hell, the $10 would probably be taken up by that alone if you had to get $40 worth of stuff off of the website.  If this could be used in store, I would probably bite.  The only purchases I really make at TRU are at the brick and mortar locations; either to take my son in for a treat, or to hunt for some random clearance games.

I wonder if Harris Teeter locations are included since Kroger just acquired the chain a couple weeks ago.

Decent promotion but I'll wait for an Amazon one to pop up again.  Thanks OP.

bread's done
Back