Wii U White Basic Set $199 (WalMart Canada starting week of August 2nd)

soxxx

CAGiversary!
Saw this on gamefaqs.com:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66861535

2013-07-2918.25.241syawa.jpg

The White Wii U is discontinued atm so I believe they are just trying to clear them out for the eventual price cut that will occur with the Deluxe.

I dont have any info on this deal, im just delivering the message here, and ill let you guys tackle it.

Honestly that's the price that the system should have launched with. Grab an external HDD, and you'll be good to go. Not to mention that $24.99 sale on the Pro Controllers that BBY recently had.

That's not a bad deal, considering you can buy Nintendo Land for less then $20 as well elsewhere.

I hope this means that Nintendo is finally going to drop the price of the SKU's by $100.  The store in the UK Asda recently stopped carrying the Wii U in it's stores altogether and that chain is owned by Walmart.  So if this isn't indicative of a future price drop, could it be that Walmart is going to stop carrying the Wii U?  If that happened the Wii U would immediately and irretrievably be a massive failure in the US.  Make no mistake, if Walmart stopped carrying the platform there would be no way for it to make a comeback.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this means that Nintendo is finally going to drop the price of the SKU's by $100. The store in the UK Asda recently stopped carrying the Wii U in it's stores altogether and that chain is owned by Walmart. So if this isn't indicative of a future price drop, could it be that Walmart is going to stop carrying the Wii U? If that happened the Wii U would immediately and irretrievably be a massive failure in the US. Make no mistake, if Walmart stopped carrying the platform there would be no way for it to make a comeback.
ASDA is a grocery store, so it would have nothing to do with what Walmart USA is selling. Heck Walmart in some countries don't even sell video games.

ASDA is a grocery store, so it would have nothing to do with what Walmart USA is selling. Heck Walmart in some countries don't even sell video games.
Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world. In the US most people shop there. If they stop carrying a product, that product fails. If they start carrying a product, that product succeeds. It's actually a pretty big thing. They've done things like force record labels to change lyrics and the labels did it...

Walmart is the biggest retailer in the world. In the US most people shop there. If they stop carrying a product, that product fails. If they start carrying a product, that product succeeds. It's actually a pretty big thing. They've done things like force record labels to change lyrics and the labels did it...
I am saying what Walmart sells in UK does not impact Walmart USA. Totally different market.

Example. Amazon USA does not sell Nintendo hardware. Doesn't stop Amazon from the rest of the world selling them.

I am saying what Walmart sells in UK does not impact Walmart USA. Totally different market.

Example. Amazon USA does not sell Nintendo hardware. Doesn't stop Amazon from the rest of the world selling them.
I agree but I'm pointing out that there seems to be something similar happening here...unless Nintendo is lowering the price. I'm waiting for the Deluxe to be $249.99 so I'm hoping that will happen this year. If not this year then I'll wait an unlimited amount of time till it does happen.

I hope this means that Nintendo is finally going to drop the price of the SKU's by $100. The store in the UK Asda recently stopped carrying the Wii U in it's stores altogether and that chain is owned by Walmart. So if this isn't indicative of a future price drop, could it be that Walmart is going to stop carrying the Wii U? If that happened the Wii U would immediately and irretrievably be a massive failure in the US. Make no mistake, if Walmart stopped carrying the platform there would be no way for it to make a comeback.
I doubt the price cut will be that deep. I am thinking $70-80, like the 3DS.

Though, at that price, I expect most of the perks of the deluxe model, mainly the accessories, to be phased out.

Too bad this doesn't include the US. $199 is a nice price.
Imagine a deal like this will eventually come to a retailer in the USA, if the rumors about the basic model being phased out are true, and that certainly looks to be the case.

Imagine a deal like this will eventually come to a retailer in the USA, if the rumors about the basic model being phased out are true, and that certainly looks to be the case.
At this point retailers are just selling leftover stock of the basic version.

I heard all the basics have been returned to Nintendo, the basic is done.

IMO we will be seeing a White Deluxe and Black Deluxe for $299 real soon. Hell I could see Nintendo doing $280 because if you remember the 3DS dropped from $250 to $170 a couple months after it launched. Price drop definitely coming.

That is a great price. Hopefully more people pick the system up. I bought my deluxe system day 1 and I don't regret it.
I never regret buying a console day one. Why? because if I dont buy it day one, I will buy it day two or within a week. I HAVE TO HAVE every new system. Ive gotten every console since gamecube on day one, and every handheld within a week. Hardcore Nintendo fan, dont know why tbh tho

I heard all the basics have been returned to Nintendo, the basic is done.

IMO we will be seeing a White Deluxe and Black Deluxe for $299 real soon. Hell I could see Nintendo doing $280 because if you remember the 3DS dropped from $250 to $170 a couple months after it launched. Price drop definitely coming.
Apples and oranges.

While both consoles share a weak line up with promises of upcoming awesome games and poor sales, the 3DS absolutely HAD to drop in price and it absolutely HAD to be a large amount. Regardless of how you feel about the Vita, the difference in power / quality was too vast for Nintendo to hold it at the same MSRP. While the XB1 and PS4 kill the Wii U spec wise, they still have a sizable difference in price. In either case, I would love to see a second ambassador program.

bread's done
Back