* * * * - 6 votes

Ni No Kuni $20 Amazon

#61 ZiggyGod   Aspiring Hero CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Deals officially dead. Amazon now has it listed as $29.98 and no its not a third party. Glad I got my order in last night, just sucks I have to wait 1-3 weeks. ;(

#62 ndawgdrake   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

ndawgdrake

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

FYI for anyone interested, I got this price matched at Target with Best Buy's current price (19.99) without any issues. Warning: CityTarget's will not honor a price match, only the regular Targets.

#63 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11527 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Deals officially dead. Amazon now has it listed as $29.98 and no its not a third party. Glad I got my order in last night, just sucks I have to wait 1-3 weeks. ;(

That's what backlogs are for.

#64 Tabe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

$20 is a steal for this game.  I got well over 100 hours of play out of my copy.  It's not the greatest game ever but it's incredibly gorgeous and I felt compelled to get the platinum trophy.

The hardcover strategy guide is a must as well.  If anybody wants mine, along with the maps and charts I created that to get the platinum, feel free to PM me.

#65 superleaf444  

superleaf444

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

$20 is a steal for this game.  I got well over 100 hours of play out of my copy.  It's not the greatest game ever but it's incredibly gorgeous and I felt compelled to get the platinum trophy.

The hardcover strategy guide is a must as well.  If anybody wants mine, along with the maps and charts I created that to get the platinum, feel free to PM me.

Why is the guide a must? I typically don't like to use guides, so I'm curious why you say that.

#66 ArtificialEnemy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ArtificialEnemy

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

Thanks OP for the great deal. I'm in for one plus I had a $10 promo credit so it made it 10.84 for the game.

#67 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10602 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

DEAD! TC mark title as dead or close thread

#68 Smef   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

They have it for $21.15 now

http://www.amazon.co...i&condition=new

#69 blacklabel036   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

blacklabel036

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

They have it for $21.15 now

http://www.amazon.co...i&condition=new

Thanks! I finally scored it for $22.95 after tax with free shipping and without Prime. It says it will ship 1-3 weeks. I don't mind I'll have some other game to keep me busy by then.

#70 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11527 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks! I finally scored it for $22.95 after tax with free shipping and without Prime. It says it will ship 1-3 weeks. I don't mind I'll have some other game to keep me busy by then.

How did you get free shipping without Prime?

#71 casuchanek   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

casuchanek

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

My expected delivery date updated to 8/8. Definitely glad I purchased despite the 1-3 weeks listed.

#72 LordVila   Casterly Rock! CAGiversary!   2352 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why is the guide a must? I typically don't like to use guides, so I'm curious why you say that.

I wouldn't say the guide is a must.  I bought the guide on release day and I don't think I ever really used it.  I found it a lot more convenient to just look online for where a particular familiar or item was then flip through the guide.  The gold Hurly you get with the guide is also pretty lackluster.  

I bought the game at launch and I just now got around to finishing it.  It was a pretty good game but it isn't without flaws.  The game does feel a bit grindy at times when it comes to alchemy but you can easily avoid that and the AI is pretty lackluster.  The familiars have a bit of a Pokemon effect where I wasn't really compelled to try out different familiars after I saw what would be an optimum familiar.  I only changed out 2 of my familiars that I received in the opening areas towards the end of the game.  There are some very good familiars you can get very early in the game.

I did like some of the post-game content though and that is well worth exploring some of it.  

#73 blacklabel036   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

blacklabel036

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

I dunno, it just deducted the shipping cost for me. I checked my account but I don't know if I might have had a
coupon or not? Odd.

#74 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11527 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

I dunno, it just deducted the shipping cost for me. I checked my account but I don't know if I might have had a
coupon or not? Odd.

I just tried this in my cart, you are right, standard shipping is free, it wasn't like this when it was $19.99.

#75 Tabe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Well, for one thing, it's really, really attractive.  But also because of the maps - the game is terrible about location names and map locations, which can make it tough to get around.  I used the guide for that more than anything else.

#76 Smef   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:44 AM

It's back to 19.99!

#77 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

I wouldn't say the guide is a must.  I bought the guide on release day and I don't think I ever really used it.  I found it a lot more convenient to just look online for where a particular familiar or item was then flip through the guide.  The gold Hurly you get with the guide is also pretty lackluster.  

I bought the game at launch and I just now got around to finishing it.  It was a pretty good game but it isn't without flaws.  The game does feel a bit grindy at times when it comes to alchemy but you can easily avoid that and the AI is pretty lackluster.  The familiars have a bit of a Pokemon effect where I wasn't really compelled to try out different familiars after I saw what would be an optimum familiar.  I only changed out 2 of my familiars that I received in the opening areas towards the end of the game.  There are some very good familiars you can get very early in the game.

I did like some of the post-game content though and that is well worth exploring some of it.  

highly unlikely, the game sold poorly.

#78 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

I got mine shipped for $19.99 on it's own without prime.

That's because I added a pre-order and requested they ship them separately.

Had I not done the request my account looked like it wouldn't have shipped Ni no kuni until GTA V released.

Item Subtotal: $19.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Super Saver Discount: -$0.00 Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00 Total Before Tax: $19.99 Shipment Total: $19.99 Paid by Gift Certificate: $19.99

#79 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11527 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Had I not done the request my account looked like it wouldn't have shipped Ni no kuni until GTA V released.

Item Subtotal: $19.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Super Saver Discount: -$0.00 Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00 Total Before Tax: $19.99 Shipment Total: $19.99 Paid by Gift Certificate: $19.99

And just cancel the preorder afterwards? Now I feel stupid for not thinking of this before.

#80 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2195 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

And just cancel the preorder afterwards? Now I feel stupid for not thinking of this before.

But now you know and win in the future.

#81 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

No I didn't do that. That would be abuse of them. Probably wouldn't be able to keep on doing that before you'd get in trouble. That would work as like a one time thing.

I am keeping my pre-order just didn't want to wait till then for ni no kuni to ship. Other wise I would have just got something for $5 bucks as filler.

#82 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7801 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

They ship seperately even if one is a future pre-order & seems to have same shipping date. I have done this several times.

Since Amazon has updated the look, it calculates the difference in amount if you cancel a partial order, so I don't think this would have worked. In the past it would have, but their new system is stupid (smarter?)!

#83 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7801 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

I just tried this in my cart, you are right, standard shipping is free, it wasn't like this when it was $19.99.

It's $19.99 with free standard shipping now, and was the 1st day of this sale when I checked it out (for me at least, it showed up).

#84 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2314 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Ordered late Wednesday night and got the game today. I'm happy. The price is good enough that I don't have to feel rushed getting to it. I can put it in my backlog with peace of mind that the value won't keep depreciating.

I don't think this game will go cheaper then $20 it has too high of a demand.