$199 WII U for Sale in Canada

NeoMonk

CAGiversary!
I haven't seen this posted here but Walmart is having a $199 sale on the Basic WII U (white) model this weekend...

xwiiuwalmart199.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zU96yXsX-u.jpg

5vua.jpg

Best Buy in Canada is also having the sale.

Is this price drop only at walmart in canada?
Only at Walmart? No, other stores are dropping the price pretty aggressively too. Everyone is blowing out the Wii U basic models, it seems.

Only in Canada? Well, this is the Canada forum... doesn't mean the US won't have price drops, but we don't get US flyers here so it's hard to say.

so wait the walmart sale, is it only the weekend? or has it already started? and are these price drops or sales?
Not on sale yet (as of yesterday night, at least) but starting soon.

Price drop vs sale price: not sure, but since the Basic model that is seeing a price drop has (apparently) been discontinued you should probably view this as a temporary deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
$200 already?  And I bet this thing still won't sale......... Nintendo really screwed the pooch on this one........ Anyways I thought the basic model had been discontinued and shipped back to Nintendo?  

$200 already? And I bet this thing still won't sale......... Nintendo really screwed the pooch on this one........ Anyways I thought the basic model had been discontinued and shipped back to Nintendo?
Being discontinued is (presumably) why it's on such a great sale.

Walmart doesn't ship things back, do they? I was under the impression that they just mark down prices and clear out stock that is discontinued or unwanted - probably passing any loss back to Nintendo in the process.

$200 already? And I bet this thing still won't sale......... Nintendo really screwed the pooch on this one........ Anyways I thought the basic model had been discontinued and shipped back to Nintendo?
If it was $200 here in the States, I would pick one up.

walmart don't even list wii u systems on their website so no way to tell if it's 200 here or not and i don't shop at walmart so can not check in store

Confirmed. Bought a 8GB for $199. There were also a few Wii U games heavily discounted. Nintendoland, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Batman: Arkham City were all discounted to $10. YMMV on that one, but I already saw someone pick up multiple copies of each game to flip them.

Confirmed. Bought a 8GB for $199. There were also a few Wii U games heavily discounted. Nintendoland, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Batman: Arkham City were all discounted to $10. YMMV on that one, but I already saw someone pick up multiple copies of each game to flip them.
Those are incredible deals. I wish these sales would hit the states. Even though I have decided on my next-gen console choice this November, I still want a Wii U because it's Nintendo.

if two stores are doing it in canada i think we will see this sale in states my guess is nintendo is going to announce a updated system look or bigger hd in next month or so maybe tokyo game show in sep

Maybe Nintendo's coming out with a bigger hard drive.
They'll either increase the internal memory the Wii U currently has, or include an HDD with the console. I'm pretty sure one of those will happen with-in the next six months. My money's on the latter.

if two stores are doing it in canada i think we will see this sale in states my guess is nintendo is going to announce a updated system look or bigger hd in next month or so maybe tokyo game show in sep
That seems like the logical thing for Nintendo to do since sales aren't so great. and they've been doing that for a while with the 3DS and DS

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back