250gb Xbox 360 Spring Edition $249.99! Amazon and BestBuy!

What's wrong with the 360e?
  • The S has 5 USB ports, the E has 4.
  • The S was the last model to feature the AV Connector. The E drops this port in favor of a separate HDMI port and composite out port. Optical audio removed.
  • The case design has been updated to match the design of the Xbox One.
  • The hard drive is slightly easier to remove, although it is still only replaceable with official Microsoft replacements.
  • No touch sensative buttons, rather cheap feeling physical buttons on the e
  • Also not much smaller than the S model, nor any cheaper

• The S was the last model to feature the AV Connector. The E drops this port in favor of a separate HDMI port and composite out port. Optical audio removed.
  • The hard drive is slightly easier to remove, although it is still only replaceable with official Microsoft replacements.
Lol, I count most of those as Pro options XD

psst .. black friday ... $99 ...
The 4G already reached that price from TigerDirect, but I'm sure you knew that.

To be honest, I thought that was going to be the norm after E3, and these bundles would drop to $200 considering the games are so old, but Microsoft played the "introduce a new model that looks different but does the exact same thing for the same price" card.

Last edited by a moderator:
why spend nearly $300 on an 8 yr old console. all of these consoles will be much cheaper as they are clearanced out.

Yeah the only thing really stopping me from getting a 360e model is not being able to use my offical Microsoft 360 VGA cable.  Being able to play on a CRT monitor when I didn't have the money for an HD monitor.

Then again, I did find one of those composite to VGA adapters.  I hope Microsoft or some 3rd party makes an adapter that lets you use old 360 a/v accessories with the 360e model.

1. Negative, but only a minor negative. Even than, I believe Xbox 360 supports USB hubs.

2. Still supports composite, and besides, most people use HDMI, regardless. As for optical, fair point.

3. So?

4 Still a Improvement.

5. Improvement. Buttons > Touch

6. Yes, but that it's still smaller. As for the price, fair point, but I imagine the price drop will come later.

Yeah the only thing really stopping me from getting a 360e model is not being able to use my offical Microsoft 360 VGA cable. Being able to play on a CRT monitor when I didn't have the money for an HD monitor.

Then again, I did find one of those composite to VGA adapters. I hope Microsoft or some 3rd party makes an adapter that lets you use old 360 a/v accessories with the 360e model.
Save your money, and buy a HD monitor. HD monitors are cheap, these days. You can buy them for under $100, and I see them on sale all of the time. TechBargains is a good website to spot a deal. It's like the electronic version of CAG.

However, just make sure it has a HDMI port. I still see some models that do not have HDMI.

The "e" model removed features and kept the same price, that's all that really matters.  I'm sort of in the market but...I've seen this price a few places lately and it's just not enough for me to bite yet.  I need a better bundle or a $200 starting point I think.

Picked up a $150 320GB MW3 Bundle at Target on clearance. Last thing I need right now is this $250 tin can. Man, if there's one thing Microsoft and Sony excel at, it's overpricing their stuff. PS3s and 360s should be around $150 right now.

Picked up a $150 320GB MW3 Bundle at Target on clearance. Last thing I need right now is this $250 tin can. Man, if there's one thing Microsoft and Sony excel at, it's overpricing their stuff. PS3s and 360s should be around $150 right now.
To be fair, this generation has some features/expenses that were not really part of last generation, like HDDs, Wi-Fi, wireless controllers, BD with the PS3, etc. Plus, there are other things like USB and HDMI licensing fees, and inflation.

And imagine the main reason both PS3 and 360 have had cheaper redesigns recently is so Sony and Microsoft can eventually drop the price of their respective consoles.

The fact that they removed the touch sensitive eject and power is a huge plus for me. A couple nights ago, I went to reach for something next to my console while waiting for a match and accidentally brushed the eject. It's way too sensitive.

What Target is this?
It's Target clearance. Don't you know how that works? To that point, you've been a member for 4 years and only have 6 posts? Anyway, Target is more random with clearance than any store. You'll have to check all of them in your area and even then you might not find it. Even though it's drab, I got mine 40 miles away, roundtrip.

1. Negative, but only a minor negative. Even than, I believe Xbox 360 supports USB hubs.

2. Still supports composite, and besides, most people use HDMI, regardless. As for optical, fair point.

3. So?

4 Still a Improvement.

5. Improvement. Buttons > Touch

6. Yes, but that it's still smaller. As for the price, fair point, but I imagine the price drop will come later.
Eh, wasn't really doing a what's wrong with e response. More of comparision of the two.

I personally like the touch buttons instead of phsyical. Same with the original PS3. Just feels like a premium feature.

Eh, wasn't really doing a what's wrong with e response. More of comparision of the two.

I personally like the touch buttons instead of phsyical. Same with the original PS3. Just feels like a premium feature.
It's certainly more "futuristic," and a cool idea, in theory, but in practice, quickly becomes annoying.

why buy this new gen so close and $250 is a ripoff. sad how ms keeps sucking people out of there food money. lol
Maybe to secure a backup system in case a persons 360 stops working. I may do that since I don't plan on picking up Xbone. I'll wait for a price drop though.

Am I the only one who loves the slim touch sensitive buttons because i can turn off the Xbox with my big toe on my way to the bed?

Edit:but very conflicted on idea since the hyper sensitive eject button is rage inducing

I think I miss the days when a game company made a cheaper to mass produce console with a few stripped down features as a means to pass the savings onto the consumers with a lower price point.  These days they just kind of pocket the difference and charge the same. :/

It's Target clearance. Don't you know how that works? To that point, you've been a member for 4 years and only have 6 posts? Anyway, Target is more random with clearance than any store. You'll have to check all of them in your area and even then you might not find it. Even though it's drab, I got mine 40 miles away, roundtrip.

Why the condescending remarks? How hostile. This is why I read more than post here.

Eh, some people get mad how others spend their money or ask questions.  Not really sure what he was trying with the dick move by bringing up your post count though. I lurked here for years and rarely posted.

Newest revision doesn't have optical audio? Really? Was considering grabbing a 360 some time down the line just for kicks with Dance Central, good to know I should be on the lookout for the older slims, as I'm not interested in buying another receiver that'll cost more than the system just for HDMI sound support when my old one still works just fine.

Touch sensitive buttons are making me consider grabbing one of these E models, sometimes the eject button pops off while playing a game.

Maybe to secure a backup system in case a persons 360 stops working. I may do that since I don't plan on picking up Xbone. I'll wait for a price drop though.
I currently have 4 Xbox's. I have a white one Xbox slim that's sealed from Walmart Black Friday deal. I have a Xbox Slim in my room that I snagged for $180 a while ago. I have an 120GB Elite in my basement. I have my final Xbox Slim in my living that I snagged for $85. Love working retail.

Edit: The sensitive eject button is just there. It never just opens on it's own.

I ordered this cause we have 3 360s in our house.  2 in the living room for doing co op games like borderlands on 2 tvs, and one in the bedroom.  Unfortunately the one in the bedroom is the MW2 one, and it freezes some, and I don't want to risk it kicking the bucket, so this will be a great replacement.

bread's done
Back