GameFly PC Download Sale + 20% Off Coupon (8/1 to 8/6) Bethesda & WB Games

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)

Use coupon code GFDAUG20 to get an additional 20% off.   Price after coupon code listed first.

GameFly PC Download Sale

8/1 to 8/2

Doom 3 BFG    $3.99    $4.99
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil    $1.00    $1.25
Final Doom    $1.00    $1.25
Quake 2    $1.99    $2.49
Quake 2 Mission Pack 1: The Reckoning    $1.00    $1.25
Quake 2 Mission Pack 2: Ground Zero    $1.00    $1.25
Quake 3 Arena    $3.99    $4.99
Quake 4    $3.99    $4.99
Rage    $3.99    $4.99
Rage DLC Scorchers    $1.00    $1.25
Return to Castle Wolfenstein    $1.99    $2.49
Wolfenstein 3D    $1.00    $1.25
Ultimate Doom    $1.00    $1.25

8/2 to 8/3
Fallout 3    $1.99    $2.49
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year    $3.99    $4.99
Fallout: New Vegas    $1.99    $2.49
FNV Dead Money    $1.00    $1.25
FNV Honest Hearts    $1.00    $1.25
Fallout: New Vegas  Ultimate Edition    $3.99    $4.99

8/3 to 8/4
Morrowind Game of the Year    $3.99    $4.99
Oblivion Game of the Year    $3.99    $4.99
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe    $5.00    $6.25
Skyrim    $11.99    $14.99
Skyrim DLC: Dawnguard    $7.99    $9.99
Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire    $1.99    $2.49
Skyrim DLC: Dragonborn    $7.99    $9.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition    $28.79    $35.99

8/4 to 8/5
Dishonored    $7.99    $9.99
Dishonored DLC: Dunwall City Trials    $1.35    $1.69
Dishonored DLC: The Knife of Dunwall    $2.71    $3.39
Dishonored DLC: The Void Walker's Arsenal    $1.03    $1.29

8/1 to 8/5

Brink    $11.99    $14.99
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth    $5.99    $7.49
Dishonored    $17.99    $22.49
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials    $2.95    $3.69
Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall    $5.99    $7.49
Dishonored: Void Walker's Arsenal    $2.39    $2.99
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil    $2.95    $3.69
Doom 3: BFG Edition    $11.99    $14.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim    $17.99    $22.49
Fallout 3    $5.99    $7.49
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition    $11.99    $14.99
Fallout New Vegas - Honest Hearts DLC    $2.95    $3.69
Fallout New Vegas – Dead Money DLC    $2.95    $3.69
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition    $11.99    $14.99
Fallout: New Vegas    $5.99    $7.49
Final Doom    $2.95    $3.69
Hunted: The Demon's Forge    $11.99    $14.99
Morrowind Game of the Year Edition    $11.99    $14.99
Quake 4    $11.99    $14.99
Quake II    $5.99    $7.49
Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero    $2.95    $3.69
Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning    $2.95    $3.69
Quake III Arena    $11.99    $14.99
Rage    $11.99    $14.99
Rage: The Scorchers    $2.95    $3.69
Return to Castle Wolfenstein    $5.99    $7.49
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition    $11.99    $14.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe    $14.95    $18.69
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard DLC    $11.99    $14.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn DLC    $11.99    $14.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire DLC    $2.95    $3.69
Ultimate Doom    $2.95    $3.69
Wolfenstein 3D    $2.95    $3.69

8/2 to 8/6
Batman: Arkham Asyslum GOTY    $5.43    $6.79
Batman: Arkham City GOTY    $7.99    $9.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North    $5.43    $6.79
Scribblenauts Unlimted    $7.99    $9.99
Lego Batman    $5.43    $6.79
Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes    $7.99    $9.99
Lego Lord of the Rings    $7.99    $9.99
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7    $5.43    $6.79
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4    $5.43    $6.79
Bastion    $3.99    $4.99
FEAR 3    $5.43    $6.79
FEAR 2 Project Origin    $3.99    $4.99
FEAR    $2.71    $3.39

GameFly PC Download Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice price on Dishonored there.  Bummed that the older Fallout games aren't part of this, I'm particularly interested in Tactics these days.

Surprised this is being so ignored, the coup s really put these prices over the edge. I'll be getting Oblivion for sure, and a combination of Morrowind, Dragonborn, or Dawnguard.

Sorry if this is a stupid question that's answered somewhere but do the deals change at a certain time during the day? I see that Fallout 3 and New Vegas are supposed to be $2.49 today before the coupon code but on the website it still shows as $7.49. Thanks.

Sorry if this is a stupid question that's answered somewhere but do the deals change at a certain time during the day? I see that Fallout 3 and New Vegas are supposed to be $2.49 today before the coupon code but on the website it still shows as $7.49. Thanks.
The previous Gamefly sale had daily deals which changed at 10 AM PST, which would be in about 2 hours from the time of this post.

I really hope the code actually works on the DLC this time.

Just tried the RAGE DLC, and the coupon DOES apply to that. Hopefully it will work on the Skyrim DLC also.

Steam keys? I've been looking RAGE page and didn't see anything
There's a line that says "This title installs and requires the Steam Client to play" underneath the purchase button at the top. All Steam games have this, and it looks like most of the games in this sale do.

However, I can't figure out of Oblivion and Morrowind are on Steam or not. Where it usually says the line about requiring the Steam client, it instead says that modifications may not be supported with this version of the game.

There's a line that says "This title installs and requires the Steam Client to play" underneath the purchase button at the top. All Steam games have this, and it looks like most of the games in this sale do.

However, I can't figure out of Oblivion and Morrowind are on Steam or not. Where it usually says the line about requiring the Steam client, it instead says that modifications may not be supported with this version of the game.
Thanks!

Fallout 3, Morrowind, and Oblivion are probably nonsteam. And if they are, they are less moddable than their steam counterparts. Especially FO3. It's not compatible with the FO3 script extender.

The previous Gamefly sale had daily deals which changed at 10 AM PST, which would be in about 2 hours from the time of this post.

Just tried the RAGE DLC, and the coupon DOES apply to that. Hopefully it will work on the Skyrim DLC also.
Thanks!!! I'll try it out again in a while

I purchased Fallout 3 and the digital code will not work with steam activation.

Not a big deal, just informing.

I know i can just have steam put the game in my steam libary. But does anybody know if i will be able to get steam achivements and cards for Fallout3, even though it is not a game purchased from Steam?

I purchased Fallout 3 and the digital code will not work with steam activation.

Not a big deal, just informing.

I know i can just have steam put the game in my steam libary. But does anybody know if i will be able to get steam achivements and cards for Fallout3, even though it is not a game purchased from Steam?
Fallout 3 doesn't have cards or steam achievements. The achievements are all done through GFWL.

Can the coupon be used more than once? If not, I'll save it up for Skyrim
Yes it can. I purchased Rage this morning and now Fallout New Vegas Ultimate when the price dropped to $4.99. Can't wait for Skyrim Legendary tomorrow, already have alot of my mods for that picked out.

Should i be concerned that it is a GFWL? That will be using that service rather than Steam?
Nah, GFWL really isn't a big deal for FO3. If you plan on using mods, you will probably have to download the Fallout Script Extender, and FOSE automatically disables GFWL from loading when you start up Fallout 3.

If you aren't planning on modding, then yeah, you could be concerned about GFWL.

Wow, I'd be into this so much if only Gamefly / Bethesda didn't regionlock all of these special prices away from me.

Stupid IP geolocation.

i hope the prices are fixed tommow i really want to get skyrim for 11 and change been waiting to get it for cheap on pc already have it for 360.

Waited the entire Steam Summer Sale for vanilla Skyrim to go on sale for $15 or less. Glad I didn't break down and buy it at $20 after all.

right now skyrim is 17.99 with coupon is kind of still high for me seeing i already have it on 360 but really want it for pc but im sure later this year it will be under 10 bucks

According to idef, the sale that includes vanilla skyrim doesn't happen till 10am pst. Still an hour twenty to go for the awesome $15/12 pricepoint.

Fallout 3/F3GOTY, Fallout: New Vegas/FNVUE, and the two FNV dlc are actually slightly cheaper than their listed sales price. And the sale for them is still active for another 30-ish minutes if you want them.

Price differences between what is listed here and what is on the Gamefly site could be due to region.  This is a US/UK deal, apparently.

Waited the entire Steam Summer Sale for vanilla Skyrim to go on sale for $15 or less. Glad I didn't break down and buy it at $20 after all.
Same here. I was debating legendary edition until the last minute. A few weeks saved me 7 bucks. Now its wither I want to jump some backlog for it.

Same here. I was debating legendary edition until the last minute. A few weeks saved me 7 bucks. Now its wither I want to jump some backlog for it.

Just a quick FYI, Steam appears to be matching these, which is probably not a surprise, but I wanted to point it out. I'm biting on Oblivion GOTY Deluxe, and I know that the Gamefly version won't work with many mods (OBSE), but the Steam version will. The 20% off code isn't there, but the extra dollar is well worth the modding access I suspect.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, since I didn't see it mentioned.

EDIT: Also, the 8/3 prices have just gone live on both Steam and Gamefly (Oblivion for $6.24, etc.), which is why I'm posting this now.

Maybe the mobile format is messing it up, but it says dishonored for $10 on the 4th?

That is nice

I bought Skyrim legendary and the order seemed to go through okay, but then I received an email about Gamefly needing to contact me about the purchase.  Has anyone else had this happen.  Not my method of payment, and all the other games I bought on this sale went through without a hitch.

I bought Skyrim legendary and the order seemed to go through okay, but then I received an email about Gamefly needing to contact me about the purchase. Has anyone else had this happen. Not my method of payment, and all the other games I bought on this sale went through without a hitch.
Yeah, same thing happened for me when buying the Skyrim DLC today. 2nd time in 8 Gamefly purchases where I have been contacted. Not sure if it's based on how much you buy, or if it's a random selection (eg: airport screening) or what.

I replied to their email, they called me back about 30 minutes later to confirm billing address/email address. Could be due to my using Paypal instead of directly paying them. Who knows. I'm willing to put up with some inconveniences for cheaper video games.

Yeah, same thing happened for me when buying the Skyrim DLC today.
Thanks for the heads up, emailed them back to call me as the email said if I didn't contact them today they would cancel the sale. Probably their way to get out of honoring the sale. We'll see.

got plain skyrim wanted it for pc but wanted it for pretty cheap and could not pass up 11 dollers

I bought Skyrim legendary and the order seemed to go through okay, but then I received an email about Gamefly needing to contact me about the purchase. Has anyone else had this happen. Not my method of payment, and all the other games I bought on this sale went through without a hitch.
Never had that happen, but I did get my card tagged with a suspicious activity once after buying a game from them. Had to spend a few hours convinince BoA that I was really who I said I was and , yes, I did in fact make a purchase from Gamefly.

You'd think the 4+ years of monthly fees I've been paying to Gamefly would have been enough to convince BoA it wasn't supicious at all, but you'd be wrong....

Does anyone know if the Morrowind GotY comes with a Steam key?  I don't see it listed on the game's page like the other titles.

bread's done
Back