Skullgirls Beta Code Giveaway, Tournament, & 20% Off Pre-order

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
skullgirls.jpg

Skullgirls is designed to be a tournament-grade fighter while remaining approachable and engaging for the casual player. The beta version of Skullgirls has a number of changes and improvements over the current console version, including improved balance and the inclusion of the first DLC character, Squigly.

Beta Codes from CAG expire on release day, 8/22.

Enter the Skullgirls PC Tournament! Registration ends 8/9

Get 20% off Skullgirls when you preorder from GameFly with coupon code GFDAUG20.

Beta codes from pre-orders will never expire, letting players test new changes and characters before their official release.

Get a Beta code from CAG

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very excited for this game as a new fighter.....until I saw the gameplay at EVO where the combo just kept on going and going.

Hope those that win it enjoy it. Ah well......would have been nice to have something where did not remind me of Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

I was very excited for this game as a new fighter.....until I saw the gameplay at EVO where the combo just kept on going and going.
After one match online, I'm in the same boat. The guy I played against just ripped me to shreds. I think the whole match consisted of three or four combos

Hope those that win it enjoy it. Ah well......would have been nice to have something where did not remind me of Marvel Vs Capcom 3.
Mike Z (the game's lead combat designer) is actively trying to reduce combo length and encourage a more reset-heavy game, without just killing the flexibility of the combo system. That said, the game draws heavily on Marvel 2's gameplay for inspiration, along with Guilty Gear and other games. The beta is already very different from the version played at EVO, but since the only way anyone could have tried Mike's experimental gameplay changes prior to the beta opening up was to go to a weekly tournament held in SoCal, it was decided to hold the tournament on the (still current) console version.

If you like fighting games with airdashing (Marvel, anything by Arc System Works) it's probably worth a try, even if the combo length at EVO turned you off. It's a fun game with amazing animation (regardless of how you feel about the aesthetic) and Mike is working hard to make the game as good as it can be.

I'm afraid that the GFDAUG20 pre-order code doesn't seem to work on Gamefly's UK site. Is there another code we Limeys can use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure If I'm allowed to ask but If anyone isn't interested in the game I would gladly take the beta key. Thanks in advance.

You guys are awesome. I was wondering whether to pre-purchase as I loved the xbla game but would want to see if they patched my balance concerns.

So glad I signed up for an account here. :)

Thank you so much for the beta code!  I have been waiting for the Steam version for quite a while now; time to see if it's as good as it looks. :D

I'll probably pass on the tournament, but there's a good chance that the coupon will be used.

bread's done
Back