Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

Karazykid

CAGiversary!
I couldn't find the Bing rewards thread, so started this one. If you have the Xbox beta dashboard there's a known issue with getting Microsoft points from Bing right now where if you redeem your points, they expire in a week instead of a year like they're supposed to. So for people like me who do their daily searches and wind up redeeming their 120 points every 4 days, you're going to lose a lot of points this way. I talked to support and they were not clear on if I would get the 500 points I lost back.

So why not just save the codes and use them at the time when you decide to use them. I'm pretty sure the codes don't expire for a while

And it looks to me that mods deleted the bing thread who knows why. People were talking about a lot of stuff they shouldn't so maybe they decided to while the thread

I created a spreadsheet and copied them into there. It adds them up as I enter them. When I want to buy something, I copy/paste them into the redeem page at xbox.com.

Why would the mods just delete a thread like that? It would be nice if they would issue warnings to violaters of TOS or just edit those specific posts instead of just deleting an ENTIRE thread. At the very least some kind of explanation seems warranted.

I love CAG but I've never seen a more frustratingly moderated site than this.

Why would the mods just delete a thread like that? It would be nice if they would issue warnings to violaters of TOS or just edit those specific posts instead of just deleting an ENTIRE thread. At the very least some kind of explanation seems warranted.
I think it has to do with big companies actually paying attention to what's being posted on cag now. If you didn't know they have had several lawsuits put against them for leaking information.

Who knows though, a lot of older cage have quit the website. Slowly each day its kind of falling apart.

I think it has to do with big companies actually paying attention to what's being posted on cag now. If you didn't know they have had several lawsuits put against them for leaking information.

Who knows though, a lot of older cage have quit the website. Slowly each day its kind of falling apart.
Is there another site they have moved on to?

As far as buying amazon points goes...they tax you so you can't just convert your points straight over, you lose some in the conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've expressed my frustration with this before and I will continue to over and over. I can't understand why CAG can't be like every other forum on the net and actually give us a concrete set of rules and when they decide to close a topic they should lock it and the last post should be from a mod saying why it was locked instead of just making the topic disappear.

As for why the thread disappeared it was probably because of the multiple account talk. Just another thing I don't understand about CAG. Multiple account talk had always gone on in that thread but now all of a sudden it's a problem worth deleting the topic over?

The pick and choose enforcement of the rules and never even knowing why things disappear all the time around here is insanely frustrating at times.

O really?  Good to know, I have a bunch of points on saved up right now i like to have a buch stored just in case some time.
But i was recenlty going to stock up my points to like 8000 to have plenty of real cash when xbox one comes out so i'd have a little leeway. 

Where is that page that lets u check point expiring anyway?  Ill have to check on it

OOOOOOOOOOOO this is Beta only I didn't notice.

Well that sounds horrible anyway.  Anyone know what day officially xbox points go away? I heard it's in september sometone

Theres people of fatwallet.com and believe it or not a lot of cags have moved onto sllickdeals

Others are just lurking now because they dont want to deal with the transitioning thats been going on for years.  Mods are gonna do what they wanna do at the end of the day.  Yes they should just delete post but, theyd rather delete whole threads instead of using time they consider a waste to read through post.  

Either way they gotta understand that a lot of forums use methods that are against ToS and they dont pull the same stunts they do here.  Oh yeah Ive seen members in Reddit.com as well.  

http://www.reddit.com/r/DealsReddit/

O really? Good to know, I have a bunch of points on saved up right now i like to have a buch stored just in case some time.
But i was recenlty going to stock up my points to like 8000 to have plenty of real cash when xbox one comes out so i'd have a little leeway.

Where is that page that lets u check point expiring anyway? Ill have to check on it

OOOOOOOOOOOO this is Beta only I didn't notice.

Well that sounds horrible anyway. Anyone know what day officially xbox points go away? I heard it's in september sometone
When I posted about the problem in the xbox beta forums, one of the ambassadors said the problem will likely be fixed when they phase out MS points sometime within the next 45 days.

Theres people of fatwallet.com and believe it or not a lot of cags have moved onto sllickdeals

Others are just lurking now because they dont want to deal with the transitioning thats been going on for years. Mods are gonna do what they wanna do at the end of the day. Yes they should just delete post but, theyd rather delete whole threads instead of using time they consider a waste to read through post.

Either way they gotta understand that a lot of forums use methods that are against ToS and they dont pull the same stunts they do here. Oh yeah Ive seen members in Reddit.com as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DealsReddit/
fw and sd are good but so many trolls... but i use them more now but do not post much. sad to see cag like this hope they try better.

fw and sd are good but so many trolls... but i use them more now but do not post much. sad to see cag like this hope they try better.
Trolling is the trend of the internet now. I don't post on SD or fw but do have accounts there. If they would've kept cab the way it was things would be great but, its not looking good from what I can tell. Threads will continue to get deleted and people will stay complaining.

I haven't bought points off of Bing for a while, I didn't even know they expired from there. Wonder how many I wasted that I never used?

Trolling is the trend of the internet now. I don't post on SD or fw but do have accounts there. If they would've kept cab the way it was things would be great but, its not looking good from what I can tell. Threads will continue to get deleted and people will stay complaining.
Yup bet new design was also to try to keep users. I prefer old one longer pages and i hate how you cant delete your thread now after update. I notice deals post on sd and fw usually first now to so that is a bummer. oh well once enough people move on maybe they go back to what cag used to be. until then we deal while mehing... lol

I redeemed my points for some amazon gift cards less than two weeks ago and I never received them in my email.

Could have bugged too. Same thing happened to me and after around 2 week it was 'Completed' but i didn't get my points,
Is there anything that can be done about this? I redeemed 3 Tango cards without receiving any. Order has said COMPLETED for over a week now. I don't know who to email about this or how to prove I don't have the codes. Can they just re-send the original orders?

This is the first issue I've had with them with a few years of use so not sure how to resolve these things with them.

Contact MS here: http://www.bing.com/rewards/contact

I'm also in the same position. I redeemed an Amazon GC last month and another one yesterday. Both have Complete statuses, but I haven't received my GC codes for them. Didn't see anything in my spam folder either, so I don't know what's the deal.
I'm having the same problem, only mine has said "in progress" since I ordered it back on July 28 and hasn't changed to complete. I only have one account so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Since I've contacted the MS support this morning, I got an email from them with claim code resent to me. :D

So if you guys aren't getting your redemption codes, use the link I posted and have your order number ready.

I really hate this swap.  I'm up to 5K MP right now just to be safe, but reall that's only what 61.50?  Maybe i shoujld redeem some more.  Then again i only have a year to spend the cash right?  But what if i don't transfer it to Xbox One.  Still go away?

I really hate this swap. I'm up to 5K MP right now just to be safe, but reall that's only what 61.50? Maybe i shoujld redeem some more. Then again i only have a year to spend the cash right? But what if i don't transfer it to Xbox One. Still go away?
If you mean you've got the Bing points saved up to redeem 5,000 MS points, don't forget that right now along with the points only lasting for a week (assuming you're on the beta dashboard) you also get an extra 30 cents per 100 points. I don't know if this works with the 400 point cards, but when I redeem the 100 point ones it adds $1.50 to my account when it should only be like $1.20. With that many points you should be able to get plenty of free stuff on top of whatever you actually wanted to buy.

Since I've contacted the MS support this morning, I got an email from them with claim code resent to me. :D

So if you guys aren't getting your redemption codes, use the link I posted and have your order number ready.
This worked if anyone else wants to try it. All you have to do is submit a ticket and type up a brief explanation on what is going on and they e-mail you your code.

Thanks MiraiLink. So now I have to do this three more times to get my other gift cards.

If I try to redeem something it asks me for my adress agian and agian.

It doesnt save my data...

can somebody tell me how to solve this?

If I try to redeem something it asks me for my adress agian and agian.

It doesnt save my data...

can somebody tell me how to solve this?
Send them an e-mail and they will verify your account within 24 hours. I had to do it with my 4th account. I thought they had banned it. lol Now when I redeem they arrive in like 5 mins.

Bumping this because of the recent points conversion.

Please share yo experiences with the new $3 voucher bing has to replace microsoft points and whatever else.

son of a  bitch if i would've nown boutt this.... damn.

At least amazon 5 bucks are still beign offered.  But what a BS switch.  i didn't remember waht the old prices were, but I know that it was 360 for 3 bucks.  Glad to see soeone remember.s  I'm holding off redeem for awhile maybe they'll release a 5 buck version w/ more value.

MSP from Bing used to be region-free.

Anybody know what happens if you redeem a 3$ digital gift card on a non US account ?

not yet. i am saving my credits right now.

but is there still difference between beta and normal dashboard? we should have the same now. so I am wondering what's gonna happen with my cash in 1 week. Had to redeem a few codes yesterday for a DLC but I have still some cash on my account.

New amounts piss me off. Before, you would get 100 MSP ($1.50) for 120 Bing points. Now $3.00 (formerly 240 Bing points) is the minimum and costs 360! What a crock!
100 MSP were worth $1.25, not $1.50. The only time they were worth $1.50 was the brief time they were available after the beta update and the cash exchange rounded them up. So it's a 75 cent loss per $3 spent, not $1.50. Not really worth complaining over imo anyway, when it's still basically free "money" at the end of the day.

100 MSP were worth $1.25, not $1.50. The only time they were worth $1.50 was the brief time they were available after the beta update and the cash exchange rounded them up. So it's a 75 cent loss per $3 spent, not $1.50. Not really worth complaining over imo anyway, when it's still basically free "money" at the end of the day.
I got $2 and $1.50 was nice. $2 was right after update $1.50 soon after was cool.

Sucks that they raised the price, but I always got the amazon cards anyway. This way I could buy stuff from amazon or turn them into ms points whenever I needed them.

Bing has also removed the $5 credit for Windows Phone 8 for 525 points, and replaced it with a $3 credit for 360 points. They still offer the $1.25 credit for WP8 for 170 points.

The thing is, all of this credit goes toward your Microsoft account, which was already used on WP8, and is what replaced the MS Points account everyone had on their Xbox. In theory, you should be able to redeem the $1.25 code and add it to your account. I know it's not the same as 100 MSP for 120 points, but it is close.

EDIT: I just redeemed a $1.25 code for WP8 from Bing on xbox.com. The site said I only added $1, but it actually did add $1.25.

Bing has also removed the $5 credit for Windows Phone 8 for 525 points, and replaced it with a $3 credit for 360 points. They still offer the $1.25 credit for WP8 for 170 points.

The thing is, all of this credit goes toward your Microsoft account, which was already used on WP8, and is what replaced the MS Points account everyone had on their Xbox. In theory, you should be able to redeem the $1.25 code and add it to your account. I know it's not the same as 100 MSP for 120 points, but it is close.

EDIT: I just redeemed a $1.25 code for WP8 from Bing on xbox.com. The site said I only added $1, but it actually did add $1.25.
Nice, I had no idea about these codes and that they would work on the marketplace. Do you enter the codes just like the old 100 MSP codes on xbox.com? You dont need a Windows Phone 8 either right?

bread's done
Back