* * - - - 9 votes

Bing Rewards Xbox points are FUBAR

#931 mikepeluso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   734 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mikepeluso

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

Anyone know how soon the change is coming?

I know this will be bad for me.I just do legit bing searches each day and don't use any other device but my pc so all these extra ways to get points won't do me any good.So the taking away the discount on amazon makes it worse now for me each month.

I guess everyone should try to empty their account if they can before the change.

#932 Darklurkr23   Contest Win' Machine CAGiversary!   1892 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Darklurkr23

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:08 PM

I just cashed in my last 5 dollar.  Ever sicne the windows 8 upgrade my 10 accounts have been banned and im down to my normal one i have noooo income anymore.  And with this new "improvement" i bet they screw the rewards even more.

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#933 sp0rklez  

sp0rklez

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

Do we even know how much the "cost" of Amazon cards is going to go up? That's primarily what I use Bing rewards for to begin with.

#934 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2456 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Do we even know how much the "cost" of Amazon cards is going to go up? That's primarily what I use Bing rewards for to begin with.

100 searches

#935 Judge Magister   Time Lord CAGiversary!   625 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Judge Magister

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

According to the FAQ page ( https://www.bing.com.../ms-rewards-faq ), non Microsoft $5 GCs will be 5,250 points which is the equivalent of 525 points under the current program.

So it is a good idea to cash in your points on Amazon now while you can still get a discount.

#936 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2313 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

I'm unable to redeem Amazon GC. Anyone having problems?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#937 slppedyoursster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

slppedyoursster

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

Watch ms make everything super expensive like amazon cards 200,000 points

Dont like this at all

Those who sign-up for Microsoft Rewards, currently US-only, will be awarded points for using Microsoft Edge.

Microsoft will monitor how much time you spend using the minimalist browser, with users required to hit 30 hours a month.

The US technology firm will also watch your mouse movements to make sure you're using the browser properly and not tricking the system.

http://www.express.c...ure-Pay-Rewards

I guess their browser will see a huge increase in YouTube visits...create a 30-hour playlist and let it run every night. As far as "tricking the system," I wonder if they mean spamming the thumbnails on the Bing bar? If so, I might have to actually search for things with Bing. :/

#938 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

My account switched over. The only difference I noticed is the Gold discount is gone. Otherwise everything translates to how things were. Points are just multiplied by five*. I'm able to earn the same value of daily points with the same amount of searches.

Well, there is also the Edge browser bonus, and what I'm guessing are introductory point offers.

Edit. Actually, it's multiplied by 10

#939 mikepeluso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   734 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mikepeluso

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

I have never redeemed more than one amazon a day, I thought years ago people thought that was a way to get your account banned.Is that still true and has anyone redeemed several amazon in a day and not had their account have any problems.

I was saving for 4 months for a 12 month Xbox gold code but I still need around 24 days.I am trying to decide if I should just cash out the account on amazon before my account changes.

#940 mikepeluso   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   734 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

mikepeluso

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

My account just changed today.If anyone has any question I can answer let me know.

I personally don't like the changes.I think its tougher to find what your looking for and to tell if you have completed daily stuff.

The only good thing that happened was I did all my searches and daily stuff last night at 1 am and they must have reset my account today when they changed it so I got to do all the stuff a second time so I think I got two days of points for one day.

#941 slppedyoursster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

slppedyoursster

Posted Today, 11:20 AM

My account just changed today.If anyone has any question I can answer let me know.
I personally don't like the changes.I think its tougher to find what your looking for and to tell if you have completed daily stuff.
The only good thing that happened was I did all my searches and daily stuff last night at 1 am and they must have reset my account today when they changed it so I got to do all the stuff a second time so I think I got two days of points for one day.

On a somewhat related note, I love daylight savings because Bing does not reset your searches until 1 a.m. That extra hour has been the difference on many occasions.