Disney Infinity

ZForce915

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
I'm wondering if you guys think there will be any benefit to buying this for the WiiU?  I usually get this stuff for the 360 but I wonder if either graphically or through the gamepad, this wil be the better version.

Thoughts?

I thought about that, but since all versions come with the "portal" I don't know that the NFC will be a uses feature.

I don't know that I'm going to be an early adopter this generation so I'm not holding off for the PS4/XOne versions.

I suppose a benefit would be finding one if there is short supply. It will be easier to get a WiiU one :)

Saw the starter packs at my local gamestop today.  Unless you have already seen the figurines in person, I'd go take a good look.  

I know skylanders don't have moving parts, but I still consider those figures of much better quality than these 'Infinity' figures.  They look to be as good as those toys you get in your Mcdonald's happy meals.

Saw the starter packs at my local gamestop today. Unless you have already seen the figurines in person, I'd go take a good look.

I know skylanders don't have moving parts, but I still consider those figures of much better quality than these 'Infinity' figures. They look to be as good as those toys you get in your Mcdonald's happy meals.
Holy shit. That's really surprising to hear. How would you say it compares size-wise?

To be fair maybe the second wave, etc. are of better quality based on some videos I've seen. 

Holding the starter pack, though, it reeks of cheapness. 

As much of a money pit as skylanders are, unless you get one of those botched paint jobs,

the quality of the figurines is there.  I would not want to pay for any of those characters in the starter

pack...they just look cheap (even if that giant blue guy from Monsters U. is larger than most regular skylanders).

I picked this up on the WiiU. The only thing that sucks is the USB ports being on the back, so if a child were to catch the cord, your system is going to do a full front flip onto your floor. I've had to barricade the area with ottomans until I can get an extension cable or something.

The WiiU has now been on the longest it ever has been, 5 hours straight with my son creating a massive world. I'd say the extra functionality of the gamepad make it a top choice. I have, and will continue to get all Skylanders for the 360, but I figured why not for this, since our WiiU is in the living room and it seems like such a family centric game. My only other complaint is that its split screen and not same screen like Skylanders, makes it hard for my 2 year old to figure out what to do, instead of my 7 year old 'dragging' him around like in Skylanders.

Also, the back of the gamebox depicts that you can use the WiiU Pro Controller, or even the newer Classic Controller Pro, but everytime I go to use it, it is looking for the Nunchuck. I read somewhere that the WiiMote and Nunchuck was the only way to play with two players, but surely the back of the box couldn't be a misprint? If anyone figures this out, please post, my kids can't still can't grasp the Nunchuck/Wiimote combo..

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, there are two USB ports on the front of the Wii U behind a front hatch right below the disc slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the back of the gamebox depicts that you can use the WiiU Pro Controller, or even the newer Classic Controller Pro, but everytime I go to use it, it is looking for the Nunchuck. I read somewhere that the WiiMote and Nunchuck was the only way to play with two players, but surely the back of the box couldn't be a misprint? If anyone figures this out, please post, my kids can't still can't grasp the Nunchuck/Wiimote combo..
From what I've heard/read, it is a misprint.

From the site:
Although the Pro Controller and Classic Controller are not currently compatible, Disney Interactive is actively working on solutions to bring Pro Controller support to the Disney Infinity experience on the Wii U. Stay tuned for further developments.

If you have launched Disney Infinity on your Wii U system while the Pro Controller was connected as the default controller, please power down the system and disconnect the Pro Controller.

Can any parents who bought this for their kids fill me in on how young you can be to grasp this? I just bought it for my niece and nephew. They are pretty good with iPad games.

Can any parents who bought this for their kids fill me in on how young you can be to grasp this? I just bought it for my niece and nephew. They are pretty good with iPad games.
My seven year old has no issues. I'd say as long as the child has experience with the controllers of the system they are playing it on, it won't be difficult. It has simple missions and doesn't penalize the player for just going off and doing their own thing. Plus the ToyBox feature is easy to grasp and fun if you're just not building things.

bread's done
Back