Mario & Luigi Dream Team (3DS) Pre-order $29.99 at Fry's

If there wasn't a shipping fee, I'd probably go for it.

Last edited:
Not bad. CHeaper than Amazon since Amazon started charging tax here in NJ. 

Btw does FRYS charge the CC when it ships or immediately once the order is done in the website? 

Does Frys charge for pre-orders right away? Also I live in NJ about how long would ultra saver shipping take?

Trying to submit the lower price, but I'm getting errors. I'll keep trying. I have it pre-ordered from Amazon with a 20 dollar credit, but wouldn't mind being charged 7-10 bucks less for it.

Yeah I feel dumb for canceling my newegg preorder but I was hoping for an Amazon PM but they never pm frys

Think I may call BB CS up and price match this for in store pick up.
Let us know how that goes. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to cancel my newegg pre-order or simply use the gift card i got for returning GOW (which would cover for the full price on the game) i know it's a pretty obvious choice & use the gift card as it's not coming out of pocket however i would like the option to pick up for 29.99 rather thus, my request to see whether BBuy will acknowledge this price.

Let us know how that goes. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to cancel my newegg pre-order or simply use the gift card i got for returning GOW (which would cover for the full price on the game) i know it's a pretty obvious choice & use the gift card as it's not coming out of pocket however i would like the option to pick up for 29.99 rather thus, my request to see whether BBuy will acknowledge this price.
I'd like to know if this works too. It doesn't seem like we're going to see any release week deals.

Looks like Amazon isn't going to price match.

Damn mine has a status of "partial backorder" right now....hoping it gets updated before the release of the game. =(

And now I have a charge on my bank already...wth? ^^*

Last edited by a moderator:
i got an email from frys saying they don't have the item in stock... but it's not released yet so ofcourse they don't have it in stock.. not sure if that's a normal email or if it will be delayed after release

I can confirm that BB will price match this over the phone.
Since Fry's doesn't tell you it's backordered until after you place the order BB thinks it's still in stock.
You can get free shipping but you'll have to pay tax on it.
When I called Fry's to cancel my preorder there the rep said it had been backordered for a while so who knows when they'll start shipping backorders.

Did you call your local BestBuy or the 888 number?

Neither wanted to price match for me.
I called 1888 BEST BUY number. What did you tell them? And are you located near any Fry's? I have several Fry's within 30 minutes of driving, one about 5 miles away another is about 20 miles away opposite direction.

I called them and said "id like to price match Mario and Luigi Dream Team" they said "ok", looked it up on their site, then asked me who id like to price match, I said "Frys" they said ok and I presume looked it up on the Frys site. Then just took my info down and that was it.

I called 1888 BEST BUY number. What did you tell them? And are you located near any Fry's? I have several Fry's within 30 minutes of driving, one about 5 miles away another is about 20 miles away opposite direction.

I called them and said "id like to price match Mario and Luigi Dream Team" they said "ok", looked it up on their site, then asked me who id like to price match, I said "Frys" they said ok and I presume looked it up on the Frys site. Then just took my info down and that was it.
I did the same.
They told some Mumbo jumbo about not being able to price match preorders, I'll keep trying till I get a rep that will PM

EDIT:
After about 5 tries I got a rep that PMed Frys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got it PMd first try. That was really quite painless. Yay! That's probably the biggest discount we'll see on this for a while, so to get it for that price straight away is awesome!

Had no problem PMing this over the phone. Told them it was for an in store pick up, then cancelled my discounted NewEgg order.
Thanks for this. looks like i'm gonna have to go the alternative route & grab this for free considering target was nice enough. Sigh, to waste 32.31 or waste no money at all (though i would have preferred using the freebie for something else in the future)

Tried pricematching at Best Buy on the phone, and they couldn't do it for a preorder item.

Tried pricematching at Best Buy on the phone, and they couldn't do it for a preorder item.
Just keep trying. I was lucky and got a rep that would do it on the first try but it's taken others up to 5 times.

Also, has anyone else gotten an email saying theirs has shipped? I got one about an hour after I ordered it.

Do NOT mention pre order. Maybe that will help.

This is what I had said, "I want to purchase a 3Ds game for in store pick up, but Frys.com has it for cheaper." It was a done deal after that.

Yeah, don't say anything about a pre-order. I opted to have mine shipped, but the word 'pre-order' was never uttered by me! lol

bread's done
Back