Payday 2 - Who's Wants to be a Millionaire?

Freemason

CAGiversary!
Feedback
160 (100%)
Playing the beta now, loved the first one, 2nd is so much cooler. So, as we all know playing with scrubs sucks, so is anyone playing regularly that wants to get a Cheapassteam running?

steam id: ismurphy (Preacher is the name)

I loved the first one and really want to play the second. Unfortunately, I'm not spending $50 just to get beta access. I'll definitely be playing when it releases though.

I loved the first one and really want to play the second. Unfortunately, I'm not spending $50 just to get beta access. I'll definitely be playing when it releases though.
I have a couple friends that will be playing, however they are flakey at best at actually getting on and playing for more than a few games. If you think you will be playin regularly, i still have my 2nd Beta key you could use.

I'll take the key off your hands if you're not going to give it to anyone else. I'm online quite a bit, but I'm usually playing LOL with some buddies. I should be able to set aside some time to play with you. I just don't want to say that I'll be playing regularly then not be on to play whenever you are up for a game. If you'd rather give the key to someone who can commit more, that's cool. Either way, I'll be playing at the end of the month when it comes out. I'm sure a few of my friends will pick it up as well.

Enjoying this a lot so far. I'm surprised at how nice the people are online. Most have mics and nobody cusses at each other like a 12 year old getting online while mommy isn't around.

My biggest issue though is that trying to be stealth is damn near impossible. Every single mission just winds up being a gigantic shootout. That's cool and all and can be a lot of fun and super intense at times, but I would like to accomplish some stuff without having to kill 300 cops.

it takes a lot of actual finesse and planning with everyone doing a specific job to make stealth work. it is all about the initial control of civilians, making no noise, and controlling while the team carries out objectives. It will get a lot easier once the level caps are up and skills are more influential. I like using http://www.pd2skills.info and working on builds, i have 3 so far. For making cash, a great set up is to have one guy with the portable saw, 2 guys with double ammo bags, 1 with an upgraded sentry gun and run Bank Cash. bust into the safe, he cuts the doors, everyone bags the goods, then drop ammo bags on the table so the saw guy can reload, cut all the safety deposit boxes, then head for the door. You can nab about 175k each time. Overkill Jewelry store with a good crew we could run in about 1m 30s with no alarm goin off. I love the strategy and teamwork and the feeling when everything works as planned and you walk out with the goods.

Are color patterns super rare or something? I'm level 16 and still have yet to get a color pattern so I cant customize masks. I get materials out the ass though.

it is really random, last update i had 7 masks, i was level 30 before i finally got a different one. colors was the same, last night i had just the one, then while playing got 5 new ones.

Just made almost a half a million on Rats. Got five bags of meth and all the bags of money from the bus. Easily my biggest/best job to date.

Game launches tomorrow morning. I'm hyped to see some of the other missions they have in the game as I'm starting to grow tired of the same 3-4 in the beta. 

I'm not sure if they've said anything about it or not, but I really hope it takes longer to level up. Right now you can hit go from 1-30 in a few hours. I know the cap will be 100 in the full game, but if you still level at the same rate, you'd be able to hit 100 in like two days.

Anyways, I'm super excited. Anyone here picking this up, feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/waylo/

xp is supposed to be progressive so it should take longer, i am also looking forward to the new missions. my record was also on Rats, an Overkill, we walked out with 765K, but i mostly like doing Bank: Cash on Overkill, can snag about 100K per run and it is pretty easy with a half decent crew. Then if you run an Ammo bag Saw crew you can cut all the boxes quick.

xp is supposed to be progressive so it should take longer, i am also looking forward to the new missions. my record was also on Rats, an Overkill, we walked out with 765K, but i mostly like doing Bank: Cash on Overkill, can snag about 100K per run and it is pretty easy with a half decent crew. Then if you run an Ammo bag Saw crew you can cut all the boxes quick.
Yeah, I did a Bank: Cash mission the other day with a guy who had the saw. We pretty much doubled what I usually get on that mission just because he was able to hit every deposit box and the ATM's. Really opened my eyes to possibly running a saw setup since it seems like not many people do. I really like that tree you posted too.

I have the CC edition but haven't been able to play more than 10 minutes so far.  I played the crap out of the beta so I know what to expect/what to do on about half of the heists.  Really fun game in the beta, hopefully that carries over well to the full release.  My Steam name is AceFan84 if you ever need anyone to play with.

I just added you. I hopped on for a bit this morning but it was brutal. Nobody was running a doctor bag, so even the easiest missions were relatively difficult. Two games in a row I got people that would get the bags of money on the Bank: Cash mission, then go the opposite way of where the getaway van was and get downed. They didn't seem to understand the concept of get the money and get out.

went on lunch break to get this on xbox and no stores in my area even had it... ill try again after work
there has been a manufacturer productions issue , instead of being released on the 13th. it was push back to the 8/15th/2013

Last edited by a moderator:
SEH I sent you a friend request I accidentally blocked your first one.  I'm level 12 after last night and enjoying it so far.  Both the new heists I've tried were fun, the 3 day one especially (can't remember the name, it's the one with the paintings).  I also enjoyed the mall level, it's a fun change of pace to just go in and beat the shit out of everything lol.  

We should the name of all cags who are playing in the OP or something, there's not that many of us but it would still be nice to have readily available.   

Got my first infamous drop. Yellow/yellow color scheme. Now I just need a damn mask and a pattern to drop for me.

up to level 28, still lovin it, tried the 2nd AK the actual 7.62 one and it is a beast. It is limited on ammo compared to others but at about twice the damage and I carry two ammo bags now, I like it. I picked up the shorty M4 and shotty for 2ndaries because hopefully tomorrow i'll have the SAW unlocked to cut open some fast paydays on 4 Store and bank. did a 14 bag rats today for 824,000 bucks... gonna have to get a team running those as much as possible. anyone that wants to add me on steam, look for ismurphy steam name.

I definitely need to get on your crew when you're running Rats. I have zero problems with any pubbers being competent except on that mission. They ALWAYS blow up the damn meth lab. It never fails. I think I've played Rats twice where we didn't have an issue.

we need to get a crew rolling, and just have one person do meth, then one person run the bus while the others defend and run bags. This seemed to work the best with less hands in the cookie jar.

So I'm doing Rats on Very Hard. I've got an awesome crew, everyone knows how to cook. We stay for four bags. The fourth bag is done, we're packing it up, the wave stops and we're getting ready to haul ass to the van and...my game fucking crashes.

FML.

yeah   i had one on bank last night with a full haul w/ boxes... also crashed at escape, no credit... bleh. BUT i did get my saw, so we can run Overkill 4 Stores like nobodys business. ATM's and cash drawers nets about a $45k payday and quick cards in about 3 minutes

Yo, I got my Saw too. Lets do this.

I was doing Jewelry Store heists on Overkill with some dudes earlier. They'd put a jammer down, we'd bag up all eight bags, he'd put a second jammer down and we'd run them to the truck. Took probably a minute total for each run. It's easy cards, like 50K in cash and is worth like 12K XP.

yeah thats a good one too as long as everyone is onboard. jammers last 15 seconds on default so ya slap 2 down, keep the outside/hotdog stand from noticing ya, and it is a cakewalk. we rocked tonight, and that is how it should go everytime, right people with the right tools, now i gotta get my voice fixed, seems to be random when in game when it works and when it doesnt.

posted new screens of my current weapon set ups, I pretty much only use these, and have both shotguns, but until i get any upgrades for them, will stick with these. The Crosskill with a 16 Round clip is nuts, and my tricked out mini M4 will be sweet when done.

I'd spec out of the saw as well, but it's key for solo'ing Overkill Four Stores. I was doing that last night as I was getting annoyed by the pubbers I was getting. They just couldn't understand doing Jewely heists on Overkill in like 30 seconds.

In order to do it everyone has to bag and run them to the truck. I'd get these dudes who'd still be walking around outside with their mask off as I'm inside bagging jewelry telling them to get in and help. A mission that should take 30-60 seconds wound up taking 10-15 minutes as we'd have to wait out waves.

I got tired of that and just starting solo'ing Four Stores just to get free cards at the end.

Oh, and I've had to download Update #2 three times now. Every time I restart Steam it makes me download the update again. This is getting slightly annoying.

Dumbasses out in full force on the weekends. Just doing a bank heist on Overkill and we were SO damn close to completing it stealth. Up until the one moron had to fire his unsilenced weapon, alerting everyone.

Same mission, I'm sawing deposit boxes as the assault wave is going on. The only other guy who can speak is telling everyone to just guard the safe door while I'm sawing. I don't know if the other two couldn't speak English or what, but they just hovered over me the entire time watching me open boxes. No matter how many times myself and the other guy told them to defend, they refused. They never spoke or typed, just stood there watching me open boxes. Obviously we failed.

Game is getting to be a huge grind now. I need to do the longer missions on Overkill to get good money and XP, but it's so difficult with pubbers. Somehow they are able to hit level 40+ yet still be completely clueless as to how the game works.

I'm not sure what weapons I want to main either. Shotguns are OP at the moment and I'm spec'd into them in the Enforcer tree, but they're kind of boring. 

yeah i left the shotguns and went to the 308 and the HK primary depending on mission and the Para Submachine gun or Crosskill 2nd. C4 still works great for Four stores, just gotta find the big safe. I run Ukranian Job, Nightclub, Four Stores as much as possible for max cash/XP. A lot of the higher level noobs are ones that just ride into rooms running the above to soak up the XP but learn nothing on how to run missions at all. I have begun hosting and running my own rooms so i can kick asshats. Nightclub Overkill is about 125K cash and 14kish xp for under 3 minutes.

I run Ukranian Job, Nightclub, Four Stores as much as possible for max cash/XP. A lot of the higher level noobs are ones that just ride into rooms running the above to soak up the XP but learn nothing on how to run missions at all. I have begun hosting and running my own rooms so i can kick asshats. Nightclub Overkill is about 125K cash and 14kish xp for under 3 minutes.
These three missions are why people can level up fast without knowing what the hell to do. So long as one person has C4, it's easy a hell. I just used two of the three (Four Stores is pretty sub-par after a certain point) to level up the new 4th in my group. I think he went from level 0 to level 30 or so in a few hours while still doing other various missions like Bank Heist (Pro) and another to try and teach him how to play properly. He's one of the types of likes to follow you so close that he would get detected if following someone more stealth, so it's a little bit of a challenge but at least he listens.

I think my group is at the point to where we can start doing harder missions without having to sacrifice something. Stealth is something we're still working on as a group though. Trying to figure out the maps and its random generation of things. Granted some maps you can't stealth at all to my knowledge.

I added a guy the other night who stealthed every single mission we did. We were knocking out Overkill Framing Frames in like 15-20 minutes getting 900K payouts.

Also, someone showed me yesterday another quick way to level. Do Rats on Overkill, blow up the lab, rush through to get the intel, then just blow up the bus and leave. Takes like maybe 10 minutes (a bit longer if you get stuck doing escape scenarios) and you can get around 40K XP.

There's an oversight in the second level of Framing Frames where you can haul (at least 3) bags of cash to the drop off site without any enemies coming since the door opens prior to switching all the paintings for cash. After you request the fourth (may be the 'last' if you do more than 4 paintings in day 1, not sure) the guys come in on you.

Also, someone showed me yesterday another quick way to level. Do Rats on Overkill, blow up the lab, rush through to get the intel, then just blow up the bus and leave. Takes like maybe 10 minutes (a bit longer if you get stuck doing escape scenarios) and you can get around 40K XP.
Blow up the bus? I've always just shot everybody on it or does it matter?

What's a fast way to blow up the lab? I haven't been the one to interact with it on the mission ever, so I'm kind of curious.

For the bus we'd just go on-board, take a bag of cash and then let the C4 underneath blow up, destroying the bus. Not sure if you have to blow it up or not, but that's the way we were doing it.

As for blowing up the lab, just use the wrong ingredient right away.

If you haven't already you should try Big Oil. It's the only mission I haven't successfully finished in any way. I need to get better at deciphering the information in that level which lets me pick the right one.

Oh yeah, I've tried Big Oil like half a dozen times. I've yet to successfully complete it. It usually winds up with our whole crew each lugging out an engine and us dying as we keep delivering engines to the helicopter since apparently all the ones we brought out are/were incorrect.

The Steam community hub for the game has a few guides for the mission. I haven't looked into them though. All I know is it involves numerous formulas and equations.

Yeah, it involves two clipboards that tell you the colors/wiring to look for. Then the last one is something about some PSI equation. It's pretty crazy either way and I honestly hope to see more like it that require a bit of work to figure out and get done. Just maybe something that doesn't require me to jump on google to run some equations so I can calculate fucking PSI. Especially when the game is not minimize friendly.

Anyone know of a good stealth build? I'm gonna spec out of the enforcer/saw and am considering doing a stealth build so I can solo stuff like Framing Frames.

Oh yeah, I've tried Big Oil like half a dozen times. I've yet to successfully complete it. It usually winds up with our whole crew each lugging out an engine and us dying as we keep delivering engines to the helicopter since apparently all the ones we brought out are/were incorrect.

The Steam community hub for the game has a few guides for the mission. I haven't looked into them though. All I know is it involves numerous formulas and equations.
Hit me up on Steam if you want help with that, I got it down in my head already. RandomAlec is my username.

Anyone know of a good stealth build? I'm gonna spec out of the enforcer/saw and am considering doing a stealth build so I can solo stuff like Framing Frames.
Personally, I'm going to final build into a main Mastermind and Ghost build which to top it off includes all the stealth skills of the game honestly. Of course, in my opinion.

Doing stealth in this game is really starting to piss me off. I've been trying to get the Bank Heist missions down, but something dumb always happens, setting off the alarm. Just now I had the side of the bank where the vault was completely cleared. I guess a civ in the main part of the bank saw one of my body bags all the way back in the camera room (which was near the steps to get the the roof so there was no way for them to physically see the bags) and alerted the police. Didn't know they added x-ray vision to civs in the most recent patch.

I had one earlier where I had the entire room cleared and the drill going for a good two minutes. I was literally just sitting there counting down the time when the alarm starts going off. I had all the guards either bagged or cuffed and every civ in the area zip tied and it just randomly tripped. It never even gave a notice as to what set it off.

Just dumb shit like that that is really getting on my nerves.

bread's done
Back