Dead Space 3 *Pre-owned* (Xbox 360 or PS3) $14.99 Free Shipping @ GameFly

Was excited to see this deal...until I read the GF user reviews. Ammo microtransactions? No thanks. Then I remembered I only got halfway through Dead Space 2.

Tempted to rebuy this on PS3. Although 4 playthroughs on 360 kinda wore me out. Dont know If I can manage another 4 for PS3 for the trophies. Great game. And to those who complain about micro transactions...its simple. DONT BUY THEM! No one is forcing your hand and resources are plentiful playing naturally.

Tempted to rebuy this on PS3. Although 4 playthroughs on 360 kinda wore me out. Dont know If I can manage another 4 for PS3 for the trophies. Great game. And to those who complain about micro transactions...its simple. DONT BUY THEM! No one is forcing your hand and resources are plentiful playing naturally.
Based off your playing it could u see a complete version? I know this & crysis under performed & EA hasn't done complete for DS before. But I wonder if they go complete to get more sales with a $30 price tag or a trilogy(PS3 exclusive quad w/extraction) pack for $40.

What you mean? Like a rerelease with the one DLC for Dead Space 3? That seems like a waste. A collection with all three games seems possible, though I wouldnt count on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
damn 4 playthroughs? lol do you get pay to playthrough it, or something.

damn 4 playthroughs? lol do you get pay to playthrough it, or something.
Im a completionist. I max out all games eventually. Trophies/achievements are added fun. Unless its Rockstar and someones adds it to my profile without me knowing. As I hate Rockstar. Worst developer ever. :booty:

Oh, there's little DLC for it well then no need for complete. I've only beat DS1 2/3 are in the backlog. I want the franchise to grow but not based off forced MP like EA wants. They want 6-8 million sales when the franchise isn't RE.

Oh, there's little DLC for it well then no need for complete. I've only beat DS1 2/3 are in the backlog. I want the franchise to grow but not based off forced MP like EA wants. They want 6-8 million sales when the franchise isn't RE.
There is one DLC for each 2 and 3. I believe 3 has awakening and 2 had severed. Both are about 1 hour and a half of gameplay. Really short.

Game kinda sucks. Even at $10 it was tough getting through it. I say pass unless you have a co-op partner and a big fan of Dead Space 2.

This game was $10 at Target?  Wish I had seen that.  

Regardless, thanks, OP.  BOUGHT. 

Excellent deal for an excellent game.  Play in co-op if you can.  I bought at launch and had a great time. 

Passed on the $10 Target opportunity because didn't want to spend gas money. $10 GF sale, I believe in you, firmly.

Was excited to see this deal...until I read the GF user reviews. Ammo microtransactions? No thanks. Then I remembered I only got halfway through Dead Space 2.
dude the gamefly reviews are shit trust me..dont ever pay attention to those reviews theyre full of trolls

Am I mistaken, or do Gamefly's used games come with DLC codes/online passes/etc. intact? Can anyone confirm? Also, is there anything like that for Dead Space 3 or can I buy this without concern? Thanks in advance.

Or maybe my question is irrelevant, since EA retroactively removed the online pass requirement...
Yea i'm not sure if they removed the online pass requirement for DS3 yet as they were doing it game by game, but I am almost positive gamefly always gives you online passes with their used games (as they don't send out the online passes with the games when they rent them out)

Yea i'm not sure if they removed the online pass requirement for DS3 yet as they were doing it game by game, but I am almost positive gamefly always gives you online passes with their used games (as they don't send out the online passes with the games when they rent them out)
Yes they do include OP and anyything else that may come with a new game. Gamefly gives you everything in new condition. Only thing is sometimes you get chipped discs (even PS3). They still work but its annoying.

they removed the online pass requirement for DS3! micro-transactions are there but unnecessary because you pretty much find an abundance of resources even on the harder difficulties.

Yes they do include OP and anyything else that may come with a new game. Gamefly gives you everything in new condition. Only thing is sometimes you get chipped discs (even PS3). They still work but its annoying.
Yea it's hit or miss with the condition, but generally PS3 games seem to be in better shape cause of their anti scratch coating. But even then there's plenty of morons out there who rent the games and don't know how to handle the discs.

The customization is great. You can pick how to make your weapon from scratch.
My advice is try not to use the DLC weapons that come with the online pass. They are better than anything you get for almost the whole game. It kinda ruined the game for me since I didn't really experiment that much with the crafting system as much as I wanted to.

Game is ok. With Co-Op It's a million times better, just like RE6.

Online passes don't exist anymore guys, EA dropped those.

For $15 you get a decent value if you can't borrow or rent it since the game is short. If you love the DS series though It's worth $15.

$15 ain't too shabby, but I'll wait for $5 territory since I heard the game is designed to test your patience and tempt you with microtransactions.

Game is ok. With Co-Op It's a million times better, just like RE6.

Online passes don't exist anymore guys, EA dropped those.

For $15 you get a decent value if you can't borrow or rent it since the game is short. If you love the DS series though It's worth $15.
It's not that short. 20 chapters ranging from 20-40 minutes each. Even if you played it on the easiest difficulty skipping optional missions (which are pretty cut and paste but do provide some insight into the story) you'd get a solid 7+ hours out of it.

Thanks guy, just added it to the cart. Huge fan of the series and I'm sure for $15 I can forgive any missteps they took with this one.

Thanks OP! Had a $5 off coupon from Gamefly for a trial i just started a few days ago so for $10.79 this was a steal for me. Loved both the previous games in the series and have been waiting for this one to drop down to this price! :)

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm gonna play without the dlc weapons because I like the customization aspect a lot more then just sticking with a few guns the whole game.

Also if anyone wants to co op when they get it my psn is VolsVegasking.

Quick question for anyone who might know.

I ordered DS3 and Angry Birds trilogy so far this week and both say "order under review"

Any clue whats up with that?

If you play the side mission you can easily get 11-12 hours of play out of it.

As far as the microtranstactions are concerned, I wouldn't bother - they are totally unnecessary, and worse probably make the game too easy. Part of the thrill is having to struggle with getting enough ammo and weapons to stay alive. Having too powerful of weapons early on kind of ruins the game.

And make sure you get the shotgun early - you'll need it to deal with the giant spider thingy that you keep running into.

and bought the PS3 version

got a week off from work n lookin to game...if any1 wants to coop

HIT ME UP - IamMedellin on PSN

Dammit, GRRRRRR, I hate these sales, it hurts my backlog. Finish one game, three take it's place. What am I gonna do?!? I promised myself that I'm never going next-gen until I finish my current gen....which is NEVER!

Dammit, GRRRRRR, I hate these sales, it hurts my backlog. Finish one game, three take it's place. What am I gonna do?!? I promised myself that I'm never going next-gen until I finish my current gen....which is NEVER!
Yep same here.. I was going to buy a PS4, had one pre-ordered at NewEgg.. canceled it after much thought. Because If I did just that, I'd never go back to playing my backlog.

1) I don't play as much as I used to.

2.) No rush for me to buy it on release date when I won't get anything "special". If they had added a day one trophy, I might've kept my pre-order. /sarcasm.

3.) I have a huge ass backlog for the PS3/Vita. I was trying to finish off my Vita backlog, since it was the smallest one.. Barely beat P4G and just a few days ago I ended up buying FIFA 13 & NFS: Most Wanted from the TRU sale.

Top that off with Muramasa Rebirth, Hot Shots, & Shinobido all which I haven't even unwrapped.... Such is the life of a CAG...

So now that EA has done away with online passes, is there really any reason to buy used over new? $20 was my sweetspot for this game, and I'm really tempted at $15. On the other hand, I'm worried about the microtransactions. I'd never use them and the fanboys have insisted that, if you don't use them it's like they aren't even there, but I've also heard that without them it takes several playthroughs to get everything, and I'm not looking to play through it more than a couple of times. I've played the original Dead Space but that's it, haven't finished the others, read the comics, or seen the animated movies, so am I going to be lost story-wise? Finally, is there any co-op only missions or is the entire game playable solo? If anyone whose played through it a few times that'd have any insight I'd greatly appriciate it, Halloween is coming up so once I wrap up the extra content on Doom 3 BFG I'll need another good horror game to play. On the other hand I'm tempted to see what Black Friday has to offer......

I've never played Dead Space before, which is the best one?
I played through the 1st one twice, something I don't do often. I wouldn't quite classify it as a masterpiece but it certainly was one of many standouts from this gen. Aside from the ridiculous DLC (which would have obviously been unlockable bonuses in-game if DLC wasn't an option) it was a great experience. Based on my limited experience with the other games, I'd say the 1st is best by far.

I never played Dead Space 2 proper but I dabbled in it's multiplayer, while it wasn't broken or terrible it really wasn't anything special. I also dabbled with Dead Space Extraction, but without the motion controls it too felt bland. The other digital download Dead Space game is Dead Space in name only; don't touch it at all.

Last edited:
So now that EA has done away with online passes, is there really any reason to buy used over new? $20 was my sweetspot for this game, and I'm really tempted at $15. On the other hand, I'm worried about the microtransactions. I'd never use them and the fanboys have insisted that, if you don't use them it's like they aren't even there, but I've also heard that without them it takes several playthroughs to get everything, and I'm not looking to play through it more than a couple of times. I've played the original Dead Space but that's it, haven't finished the others, read the comics, or seen the animated movies, so am I going to be lost story-wise? Finally, is there any co-op only missions or is the entire game playable solo? If anyone whose played through it a few times that'd have any insight I'd greatly appriciate it, Halloween is coming up so once I wrap up the extra content on Doom 3 BFG I'll need another good horror game to play. On the other hand I'm tempted to see what Black Friday has to offer......

I played through the 1st one twice, something I don't do often. I wouldn't quite classify it as a masterpiece but it certainly was one of many standouts from this gen. Aside from the ridiculous DLC (which would have obviously been unlockable bonuses in-game if DLC wasn't an option) it was a great experience. Based on my limited experience with the other games, I'd say the 1st is best by far.

I never played Dead Space 2 proper but I dabbled in it's multiplayer, while it wasn't broken or terrible it really wasn't anything special. I also dabbled with Dead Space Extraction, but without the motion controls it too felt bland. The other digital download Dead Space game is Dead Space in name only; don't touch it at all.
Your bolded part...fanboys, what? Micro-transactions being used to "get everything" without multiple playthoughs is only relevant if you want to craft all the different variations of the weapon blueprints available and need crafting materials, and this isn't necessary for "completion" of any kind. Relics, text logs, weapon parts, and blueprints can all be found in a single playthough with a guide (though some are locked behind co-op side missions - 3 in total and you can return to these areas through chapter select to do them after you completed the game) and ammo scarcity is never really an issue. Multiple playthroughs will be required regardless, as there's the default mode, classic mode, pure survival, and hardcore modes to run through with an achievement attached to each.

Story-wise, imo you will have missed out because DS2 focuses on Isaac's ever worsening dementia post-Ishimura, and because he feels so much saner in DS3, that's why it loses a lot of the "Dead Space" feel and seems more action packed when it starts off. I would recommend you play through 2 when you have a chance.

I really enjoyed this game. Never played part 1 or 2. The microtransaction thing was a non issue for me. I was able to upgrade everything fully after finding all the bots. 

Fun game. Reminds me of RE5, which I liked. 

RE2 best in series. RE1 close second. I have the entire first 15 minute opening memorized lol ... I was a kid and me and my friend rented it without a memory card. We died a lot. 

bread's done
Back