Resident Evil Revelations HD at $24.99 on Steam

Gonna be $20 or $15 most likely during the Winter sale. Will wait till then or next summer's sale, when it drops to about $10

Better than RE5 and RE 6. Didn't think it was that good still. Huge RE fan here.
I'll be honest, I had fun with RE5. I didn't hate it as much as many people did. RE6, however, that was complete and utter garbage. I got it well after discounted for 9.99 and that still felt high after playing through it. I did the whole thing co-op with a friend (like I did w/ RE5 making it fun) and it felt like such a chore.

I see the screenshots for revelations and just the style reminds me of RE6 which was so tainted for me. How has such a mighty franchise fallen so far? Same goes for Silent Hill. Such great series' just totally losing their way.

Megathreads are the undoing of this forum. I don't want to browse through multiple threads looking for changes to the OP, random posts on the last few pages with updates, etc. It is much more convenient to have individual deals (especially note-worthy ones) pointed out on their own like this. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to link back to that thread, though. You are a service to this site. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Starmask

You don't know what I like better than me

I also preferred 5 and 6, revelations failed miserably at being a "classic" RE

Starmask

You don't know what I like better than me

I also preferred 5 and 6, revelations failed miserably at being a "classic" RE
Perhaps it's all a matter of perspective. No one can tell you what you like more--that much is certainly true. It can be said, however, that RE6 was objectively an abhorrent mess. RE5 could be argued either way--dependent upon what you enjoy about RE games in the first place--but there is just no redeeming 6, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's all a matter of perspective. No one can tell you what you like more--that much is certainly true. It can be said, however, that RE6 was objectively an abhorrent mess. RE5 could be argued either way--dependent upon what you enjoy about RE games in the first place--but there is just no redeeming 6, unfortunately.
I enjoyed RE6 more than RE5, it's more of a love it or hate it game though. To say RE6 is an abhorrent mess and that RE5 can be argued either way is silly. Both are great co-op games IMO.

Really enjoyed RE5 personally, but I was also playing with another huge RE fan co-op throughout the whole game. Definitely makes for a different experience than playing with the sub-par AI. RE6 made me cringe, but still not as badly as RE:ORC.

As much as I want to pull the trigger on this, I have enough games from the summer sale to hold me over until this drops in price.

6 was a good game, it just wasn't a great resident evil game and is worse than the "action" RE games 4 and 5

Barring conversation of 5, 6, classic REs, all that wankery. ALL that aside, RE:Revelations is not an especially good game. It feels paint by numbers. The cruise ship has about two great rooms, the often revisited magnificent hall being the best, but nothing else brings any sort of atmosphere to the table. Everything else just makes the game feel like a watery, easy shooter with next to no puzzles and an absolutely stupid plot, even by Resident Evil standards.

Raid mode takes Mercenaries's score attack arcade style gameplay and turns it into a dismal, soulless stat-based loot grind linear hike.

To put it in perspective, RE6 had parts I loved and a great many more parts I hated. Highs and lows. I think the game sucked overall but it was interesting. I will remember it.

RE:R had no parts I loved and a great many parts I disliked. No highs and lows. Just a watery, safe, unimpressive, completely forgettable experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back