Clearance on Target Black Wii Just Dance 3 Bundle for $69.98. Pretty sure YMMV.

kantut

CAGiversary!
Don't know if anybody will still be interested in a Wii, but the black Target bundles are on clearance for a little below seventy bucks.

KMPhpkk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd buy it - can't seem to get a inventory checker to work with the DPCI though. Maybe i'll stop in at a Target tomorrow to gamble on it.

What are the chances that 20 years from now, these things will be held in as high regard as N64s?

I'm sure the same thing was said about the Nintendo 64. Just because it means nothing to us now, doesn't mean that it wont mean anything to the 16 year old ten years from now. Not the mention a collector is in it for the hobby not the value of the game. 

If anything I would say that the earlier Wii systems with the GC backward compatability will likely be the ones to rise in value.

N64 was a power house at the time. I don't understand the comparison between the Wii and the N64. However with that said, take a look at how ridiculous the GameCube is getting. That console I sold and never looked back, until recently.

N64 was a power house at the time. I don't understand the comparison between the Wii and the N64. However with that said, take a look at how ridiculous the GameCube is getting. That console I sold and never looked back, until recently.
Why, what's happening with the GameCube? I never got one so I'm out of the loop with that console.

You know what gets me is when I passed up a stack of $15 Gamecubes at the one Target here about 3 years ago when they clearanced them out. Can you say epic facepalm?

Many moons ago I had acquired a bunch of PS2 & Xbox shovelware not knowing any better. So gathered them up and traded it all in. Got a lot more in trade in than it was worth because of a +10 for every 3 games. Turned a profit really.

Bought a GameCube with the GS credit, accessories, handful of games, extra controller. Used up like $200 in credit.

Then I bought a Wii right after launch because I walked into a TRU and they had a fresh shipment and I had the money to burn from my Grandma so I bought one.

Ended up trading all of my GameCube stuff in so I could buy an extra nunchuk/remote and Zelda.

Wish I hadn't to this day. Thats the only console I ever traded in. Still have all my N64 stuff, most of PS2, I thinned out most of the Xbox but kept the games I really liked. I generally don't look back after a new generation comes out but looking back I wish I had it still because that's the only one I truly ever got rid of. My Wii is BC as far as I know.

I wish I had kept it to play still. Huge regret.

I agree...there is a real art to knowing when to pick up stuff when the rest of the world is abandoning it.  I remember years back when Wally World had a stack of those little NES systems with the dog-bone controller and they were asking like $29.  I bought one..wish I would have bought 10.  I think they key is to look for "unusual" varieties that come out near the end of life of a product...the gimmicky ones the companies put out there in one last attempt to goose sales before the new thing comes out (like the old Gameboy that was retroized to look like a NES, etc.). 

It's popularity is soaring as of late, and games are starting to rise in price.
I agree, in my store I can't keep enough in and look at the prices of the top shelf games (zelda etc)

I agree...there is a real art to knowing when to pick up stuff when the rest of the world is abandoning it. I remember years back when Wally World had a stack of those little NES systems with the dog-bone controller and they were asking like $29. I bought one..wish I would have bought 10. I think they key is to look for "unusual" varieties that come out near the end of life of a product...the gimmicky ones the companies put out there in one last attempt to goose sales before the new thing comes out (like the old Gameboy that was retroized to look like a NES, etc.).
Back when the 64 was clearing out I had the same opportunity but I really didn't consider myself a collector and kick myself for it now.

Don't know if anybody will still be interested in a Wii, but the black Target bundles are on clearance for a little below seventy bucks. It also serves as a great emulation machine after hacking:

Dude. DUDE. Don't support that bullshit, especially around here.

Dude. DUDE. Don't support that bullshit, especially around here.
Oh, sorry. I didn't know that the mere mention of "hacking" was verboten around here. Don't worry, I'll edit it right away so as not to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities.

This bundle was long gone at most Targets in LA/SoCal a while ago, but when they clearanced them out a month or so ago I and others cleaned out the inventory.  Got them for $29.98.

Here's the online Inventory Tracker for it.

This bundle was long gone at most Targets in LA/SoCal a while ago, but when they clearanced them out a month or so ago I and others cleaned out the inventory. Got them for $29.98.

Here's the online Inventory Tracker for it.
$29.98?!? Wow! That beats this deal by a mile. Lucky you!

I agree...there is a real art to knowing when to pick up stuff when the rest of the world is abandoning it. I remember years back when Wally World had a stack of those little NES systems with the dog-bone controller and they were asking like $29. I bought one..wish I would have bought 10. I think they key is to look for "unusual" varieties that come out near the end of life of a product...the gimmicky ones the companies put out there in one last attempt to goose sales before the new thing comes out (like the old Gameboy that was retroized to look like a NES, etc.).
I had one of those, and I sold it recently. The paint they used didn't take kindly to bug spray as the bottom was a little smudged. Happened a long time ago, but I still got $40 for it, so I was cool with it.

The GC games are becoming somewhat scarce but i'm able to pick up working consoles at yard sales for $5 all day.

As far as the Wii goes, I've been trying to pick up a lightly used console since the market on them has tanked.  I'm talking $30-$40.  I went out and grabbed a black B.C. model when I found out they were being discontinued.  It's still sealed.

Once again off topic, but Sears has the Wii on clearance for $109.  May be worth watching a year down the road. :D

Nice find. These bundles are no longer in my area anymore. A few months ago I did find a Mario Kart Wii Bundle on clearance for $90.96 at Target. I bought it when I found out it was backward compatible for GameCube as there were a lot of GC games I wanted to play.

The real reason those top loading NES systems sell so well isn't because of the form factor of them. It's that you didn't have to spend 20 minutes blowing air in the cartridge and the system and alternating every couple seconds just to get a game to work for all of five minutes.

The GC games are becoming somewhat scarce but i'm able to pick up working consoles at yard sales for $5 all day.

As far as the Wii goes, I've been trying to pick up a lightly used console since the market on them has tanked. I'm talking $30-$40. I went out and grabbed a black B.C. model when I found out they were being discontinued. It's still sealed.

Once again off topic, but Sears has the Wii on clearance for $109. May be worth watching a year down the road. :D
When did Nintendo start sealing wii consoles?

bread's done
Back