Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds 29.99 at amazon

If you're thinking about getting this for 3DS I urge you to download demo first. 

MH3U is amazing on the Wii U. The graphics are so crisp, and using the actual Wii Tablet as a second screen is even better! (Play with standard controller)

If you're thinking about getting this for 3DS I urge you to download demo first.

MH3U is amazing on the Wii U. The graphics are so crisp, and using the actual Wii Tablet as a second screen is even better! (Play with standard controller)
i know i so wanted it for the wii u 2 as well. i just wish i had one lol :/

While I prefer it on the wii u also, the 3ds version is quite awesome.  Even without circle pad pro, the camera control is still quite manageable... much easier than the claw grip when playing MH on PSP

edit: should note.  local multi only. for online, need wii u with lan adapter.  even so, I think it is still an awesome game on 3ds.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also $29.99 new at Gamestop if you have credit there (and didn't want to buy a Kindle card). If you want to save a bit more and don't mind the Gamestop used condition, it's $27.99 used and you can use whatever coupons are available atm.  

Bought this for around $35....as a first time player, I have to say it's actually really worth it then, much more now for $30. The graphics and gameplay for the 3DS are pretty good especially coming for a noob like me. Controls are ok even without a CPP although it does help if you do have it. 

I was contemplating this. (Going to pick up the Black 3DS XL on Sun). But lack of online multiplayer (only local) and the need for a Circle Pad Pro dissuaded me.

I've played other Monster Hunter games and the lack of a dedicated stick to turn the camera always killed it for me. I will just wait for MH4.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the game for the 3ds very excited to give it a go. this is my first monster hunter game and i look forward to spending countless hours playing it :)

I was contemplating this. (Going to pick up the Black 3DS XL on Sun). But lack of online multiplayer (only local) and the need for a Circle Pad Pro dissuaded me.

I've played other Monster Hunter games and the lack of a dedicated stick to turn the camera always killed it for me. I will just wait for MH4.
For any portable, 3ds, vita etc, a grip is almost always a necessity and circle pad pro act as a grip. all in all, it will only cost you a few bucks extra. It is playable without it anyway... people have played what? 10 or so MH game on PSP and trust me, that is 100x worse than tapping the bottom screen D pad to change camera on a 3ds.

Camera control never bothered me on this one. Can use touch screen as a 2nd stick for camera. Also has forward face snap and boss lock on.

bread's done
Back