Hori 3DS/DS 24 Game Card Case (black) - $9.99 + ship

I bought the six card case before going on vacation and it's pretty nice so I assume this would be too since it looks like it's the same case but bigger.  I wish they would bring the Pokemon versions over here though since I would grab one of those but not at the $40 people are charging.  For a system that should be doing pretty well there is a huge lack of accessories, especially compared to what was out there for the DS.

So, before I go through the whole checkout process - how much is the shipping?  Got one of these back when Amazon sold it directly and I wouldn't mind having another one.  It's really nice.  The games feel a little too tight when you're breaking it in, but that's a good thing.  Just make sure you don't get overzealous and snap the tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, before I go through the whole checkout process - how much is the shipping? Got one of these back when Amazon sold it directly and I wouldn't mind having another one. It's really nice. The games feel a little too tight when you're breaking it in, but that's a good thing. Just make sure you don't get overzealous and snap the tabs.
Shipping is $5, which killed my interest in the deal.

I bought 4 of these and shipping was $8. Still cheaper than amazon 3rd party seller or ebay prices for this particular HORI product.  

anyone have any idea how it compares to something like the penguin 24 ds case like this one?

http://www.amazon.com/DS-Game-Card-Collection-Pouch-Nintendo/dp/B003SEMU26/

I like that the game card snaps to molded plastic in the hori case, but does it look "cheap"
If it's like the six game case, which it appears to be just bigger, then no. It actually looks of reasonable quality and the plastic feels firm and solid. I expected the six game case to be garbage but I'm really happy with it. I would have probably gotten the 24 game case if they had it at Amazon because pulling those little 3DS cases out all the time is a pain but I can live with six (since really, are you ever even playing that many at once?) and it was the perfect size for travelling.

How does this compare to the club nintendo case?
Do you mean this sadly discontinued one or the current one? The original one that you can't get anymore seems super nice and I would have loved to have had it. The new one looks like a piece of junk honestly. You're supposed to be able to wedge 3DS carts into it, according to the internet, but it's only designed for DS games. It's foam inside which is likely to wear out a lot sooner and I personally have zero interest in a rainbow of styli when you barely use it for most games anymore.

So, before I go through the whole checkout process - how much is the shipping? Got one of these back when Amazon sold it directly and I wouldn't mind having another one. It's really nice. The games feel a little too tight when you're breaking it in, but that's a good thing. Just make sure you don't get overzealous and snap the tabs.
Wow I didn't even realize that Amazon no longer sells them, I got three a few weeks back and ended up sending one back.. Oh well, glad that I got at least two.

Wow I didn't even realize that Amazon no longer sells them, I got three a few weeks back and ended up sending one back.. Oh well, glad that I got at least two.
That's why I posted this since I went to amazon to buy a large volume case and went to Hori's site after finding it oos on Amazon.

Of note, I signed up for Hori's mailing list and they sent me an email yesterday that states they will have more of the black cases on their website so it may means more on amazon in the future?

Got one in from Amazon.  Should have others in from HORI tomorrow.  Would have bought them all from Amazon if I knew they would actually get restocked.  Oh well!

bread's done
Back