Batman Arkham Origins Wii U Preorder $50 + $10 Amazon credit

Yeah. Im playing the beta right now. Wii u owners are seriously missing out. The beta is full of glitches but really fun. Its like spy vs merc. Its not some half asses addition to the game at all

Yeah. Im playing the beta right now. Wii u owners are seriously missing out. The beta is full of glitches but really fun. Its like spy vs merc. Its not some half asses addition to the game at all
Yeah I was disappointed when I heard it wouldn't have multiplayer, just based on principle. But I never play online- I'm a single player campaign kind of guy, so it's not really a big deal to me. Not to mention- $40 for this game is a steal! I paid $60 for Arkham City Armored Edition, and I thought that game was worth every penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure its good but its probably going to be like every other single player focused game with multiplayer add on where the servers and player base is dead within a few months.

Im sure its good but its probably going to be like every other single player focused game with multiplayer add on where the servers and player base is dead within a few months.
Mass effect 3s mp is still very much alice. Plus this is a batman game.

Also spy vs merc on the splinter cell games are still active today too

Mass effect 3s mp is still very much alice. Plus this is a batman game.

Also spy vs merc on the splinter cell games are still active today too
probably on one platform only most likely the 360. im sure the ps3/pc versions of Me3 or splinter cell mp are pretty much dead. Theres just other games I'd rather play competitively online as well.

Was any reason given why there is no multiplayer? Maybe I'll get this version to save a few bucks then buy the inevitable game of the year version for 360 or ps3 later for all the dlc and online component.

Was any reason given why there is no multiplayer? Maybe I'll get this version to save a few bucks then buy the inevitable game of the year version for 360 or ps3 later for all the dlc and online component.
The Wii u audience is too small so they've rather focus their support on platforms with a larger install base. Eh whatever at least they're reducing the price.

Amazon states on their page that the Deathstroke DLC is ONLY included on PS3 and Xbox 360 pre-order.  I contacted their customer service (and included a link for the Wii U DLC announcement), and they responded that the DLC will NOT be included specifically on Arkham Origins for the Wii U.  So, it looks like multiplayer won't be the only thing you'll be missing out on if you pre-order the Wii U version from Amazon.  I was going to take advantage of this deal until I got that confirmation on the DLC - or lack thereof. 

Amazon states on their page that the Deathstroke DLC is ONLY included on PS3 and Xbox 360 pre-order. I contacted their customer service (and included a link for the Wii U DLC announcement), and they responded that the DLC will NOT be included specifically on Arkham Origins for the Wii U. So, it looks like multiplayer won't be the only thing you'll be missing out on if you pre-order the Wii U version from Amazon. I was going to take advantage of this deal until I got that confirmation on the DLC - or lack thereof.
Eh, small potatoes. I couldn't care less about Deathstroke DLC. I'd rather do without meaningless DLC content and a multiplayer mode I'll never play, than go without the exclusive Wii U features like off-TV play, full gamepad integration, and smaller price tag

To me, the Deathstroke DLC is .a prime example of publishers dangling a meaningless carrot in front of your face to get a pre order. Like the "exclusive Amber Goggles" in Splinter Cell Blacklist. As massive as the campaigns are in Arkham games, the last thing on my mind is having special colored goggles or playing as some random character that's not Batman. The game is packed with content, and will more than suffice without all these DLC pre order offers.

As far as multiplayer- again, it sounds nice and all, but the truth is I never play any of them. Not Assassin's Creed, not Mass Effect 3, not ZombiU, not Call of Duty, not Injustice... and I wouldn't play it in Arkham Origins either. It's insulting to have a feature removed, but the truth is most Wii U owners really wouldn't have played it, so it's a feature that will not be missed. I think it's more or less a case of people just wanting what they can't have, although I'm sure there are a few Wii U owners that would have played it.

bread's done
Back