TRU (08/11-08/17) - Buy M&L: Dream Team and get any game, accessory or guide $19.99 or less for $0.99

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
This was taken from the weekly ad (online at www.toysrus.com)

It states that if you buy Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for $39.99 then you get any game, accessory or guide priced $19.99 or less for just $0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn...would be so in for this if there were any TRU nearby. Stupid Best Buy won't even PM the 10$ off Fry's deal for me, probably just gonna pass for now

I'm wondering if this will stack with the $3 for $30 deal...

Meaning if I buy Mario and Luigi and then pick one $19.99 game for a $0.01 if I can add two more $14.99-$19.99 games for just another $20

Must be an in-store thing or it hasn't been updayed as I tried it online and yet I have full price on the accessory.

Edit - Looked up the ad - it has .99 not .01 for my local TRU. 

2nd edit - deal is listed but doesn't work as of 7:53 am est

I want to bite on this, but I don't see anything I want in that price range.  I guess I've been spoiled shopping at Amazon, considering most of the games in retail stores are half that price on Amazon or Amazon Warehouse Deals. I really wish PSN cards counted in this deal, I'd be all over it.

I want to bite on this, but I don't see anything I want in that price range. I guess I've been spoiled shopping at Amazon, considering most of the games in retail stores are half that price on Amazon or Amazon Warehouse Deals. I really wish PSN cards counted in this deal, I'd be all over it.
are you sure psn cards wont work?

TRU considers them "gift cards", not accessories, so it likely won't work.
might run over at 11 and try it at best buy and see if i could get it with card

that 3 for 30 deals sounds kind of good too if it still worked

EDIT i just remember wont try it ... THE PSN CARDS ARE 20 wont work says 19.99 or less

Does Toys R us ever stock the games they have on sale?
Lol, I've always wondered the same thing - every time there's a deal on something I want, I'll get there first thing Sunday morning and they won't have it then nor will they get it in stock during the week. Even if it's a deal like B1G1 free or whatever, they'll have nothing but shovelware/garbage in stock for whatever price range. Idk about TRU in general; but it seems that the one near me excels at conveniently being OOS of anything worth a crap or in particular when there's a deal. :whistle2:|

Nice deal, but man...for games I can't wait for (which are very few indeed, and doesn't apply here, since...yeah...Nintendo), I am gonna have to get used to that $40 handheld game price.  Whew.  Mario & Luigi is probably worth it, though.  Bowser's Inside Story was my second favorite DS game, right behind Fire Emblem.

This does have a lot of potential if Best Buy will price match this as they have a much larger selection of games and they have some nice used games that are under $19.99 used. For example, Tomb Raider is $17.99 used while their new copy sells for $29.99 and getting this for a penny is awesome. If not, you could get some games like Minecraft for the 360 brand new as that sells for $19.99. Not a bad deal if you are willing to search.  

are you sure psn cards wont work?

They don't show up in the list of qualifying items they show online, so i assumed they don't. I haven't tested it out though.

does anyone have any idea if best buy price matches stuff like this? I wouldnt mind getting Tomb Raider for a penny

psn cards wont work cause they are 20 not  19.99 

went over and   did not see anything worth buying since  getting the game via gamefly    tomorrow or tuesday  and nothing else worth renting ..so why buy it

Awesome! This stacks with the 3 for 30. I would bite but shipping kills it for me, plus I really don't need 4 games right now.

Picked up Hot Shots Vita for $1 - not a bad selection overall, but mostly titles I already played or didn't care to own.

The guide looked pretty thick (it was one of those "smaller" sized guides though), but I dont really need a guide for a game thats probably full of hand holding.

of course the time I decide to not buy a game at release and be responsible, saving my money for school in a few weeks they have a deal like this on one of my most anticipated games of the year

I ended up picking up the Adventure Time game as my .99 cent choice. Not a lot of quality choices for $19.99 games. Thankfully I had been meaning to pick Adventure Time up.

The extra game stacks with the 3 for 30 deal, but not in a very beneficial way. It ended up pricing my 99 cent game to 67 cents, and the other two to 14-something, instead of 10 dollars each, so I just ended up getting an extra game. Still a fairly good deal, depending on your store's selection.

bread's done
Back