The Wonderful 101 (Wii U) - $53.99 at NewEgg

jholden3249

CAGiversary!
The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)

• 10% off with promo code GAMEBTS04, limited offer
  •  tax-free and free shipping

The Wonderful 101 (Wii U)

Newegg has The Wonderful 101 listed for pre order with a 10% off promo code. That takes the game down to

$53.99 tax-free with free shipping. That's the best and ONLY deal I've found for The Wonderful 101, which releases September 15.

For those who want to know what this game is about, here's the new Director's Cut trailer shown at the latest Nintendo Direct:

The Wonderful 101 Trailer (Director's Cut)

There is also a demo available for download on the Wii U eShop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price. Preordered!

Also, there's a demo of the game up on the Wii U eShop now if anyone is curious about the game and has a Wii U.

This game is going to drop in price so fast.
Too niche to begin with + no promotion at all.
1) It just got a Nintendo Direct the other day.

2) The game isn't coming out for at least a month, Nintendo advertises a little before launch.

3) It's a Nintendo game. While it may see sales, you will barely ever see it below $29.99

Shame on you people not willing to pay full price for this game. It's made by Platinum and have some people who worked on Viewtiful Joe and I absolutely loved the demo. It's such a unique game and it's so refreshing to see a new IP, especially on a system that needs more exclusives.

Meh, call me old fashioned but I'm just gonna support this game and tell everyone I can about it because I'm sick and tired of Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty dogsdogsdogsdogs sequels every freaking year. 

Shame on you people not willing to pay full price for this game. It's made by Platinum and have some people who worked on Viewtiful Joe and I absolutely loved the demo. It's such a unique game and it's so refreshing to see a new IP, especially on a system that needs more exclusives.

Meh, call me old fashioned but I'm just gonna support this game and tell everyone I can about it because I'm sick and tired of Call of Duty Call of Duty Call of Duty dogsdogsdogsdogs sequels every freaking year.
Yeah but it's also going to be pretty short, as is every Platinum game.

"Our frothing demand for this game increases."

Now if only Platinum's next game was God Hand 2... :drool:

already have this preordered through amazon with goldbox. too lazy to switch for a few bucks but for anyone else, try it.  I've been waiting for this game for a long time, super excited.

The thing that sucks is Nintendo always has Sunday releases.  You gotta wait a day or two to even play the game since nobody ships on Sundays.

I played the demo and enjoyed it.  My only hope is the full game shows you how to play the game better.  Even after playing the demo, I felt like I didn't really know what I was doing.

i wasnt impressed by the demo. plus it'll hit that platinum games price plunge. $20 or bust.

This is a full priced game!?  Yeesh, even $50ish sounds like a lot, especially for this kind of game.  Were the rumors ever confirmed/debunked that this game is around 3 hours from start to finish?  I'd have a hard time justifiying $20 for a game like that, let alone $60.  If I can't squeeze at a bare minimum 10 hours or so out of it (not counting replayabilitiy, all games are replayable damnett) then this may give Wind Waker HD a run for it's money on the most overpriced/overhyped joke for this year.

I'll wait for massive price drops.  Despite what Autosaver claims above, I suspect this one will get really cheap really fast.

• 10% off with promo code GAMEBTS04, limited offer
  • tax-free and free shipping
Tax is charged based on if they have a store/shipping facility in your state, for both New Egg and Amazon.

I'm charged tax by New Egg; in fact, it's $5.64 for this game, just checked.

On the other hand, I'm not taxed on Amazon.

I played the demo and enjoyed it. My only hope is the full game shows you how to play the game better. Even after playing the demo, I felt like I didn't really know what I was doing.
This guy explains everything really well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRdRo5MxaJY

The thing that sucks is Nintendo always has Sunday releases. You gotta wait a day or two to even play the game since nobody ships on Sundays.

Sunday release again? Then I may buy it from a local store. The demo is enjoyable but I wish the interface is as good as Pikmin 3. I don't even know how many crews are still left without clicking on game pad one more time and count myself!

I played the demo and enjoyed it. My only hope is the full game shows you how to play the game better. Even after playing the demo, I felt like I didn't really know what I was doing.
This. I had no f*cking clue what I was doing while I played the demo. I'll probably do some research online and then try it again, lol.

this may give Wind Waker HD a run for it's money on the most overpriced/overhyped joke for this year.
I don't really get this since Wind Waker is a long game and you would have to pay over $40 to get a copy of it on Gamecube anyway.

Me too. However I had the same feeling towards monster hunter 3u. So I believe the full game will be better.

i wasnt impressed by the demo. plus it'll hit that platinum games price plunge. $20 or bust.
$20 for a Nintendo brand game?

emot-LMAO.gif
emot-LMAO.gif
emot-LMAO.gif

$20 for a Nintendo brand game?

emot-LMAO.gif
emot-LMAO.gif
emot-LMAO.gif
just from memory nintendo published games i got new $20 or less within a year of release thanks to CAG

Metroid prime Trilogy $20 via BB

Skyward Sword $20 BB

Kirby Dream Collection $20 BB

Kirby Epic Yarn $10 BB

Piliot wings Resort $5 BB

Steel Diver $5 BB

Golden Sun DD $6 BB

Sin & Punishment SS $20 BB

Dragon Quest 9 $10 BB

Dragon Quest 6 $ 10 BB

Legendary Starfy $10 Wal Mart

Fire Emblem SD $10 Wal Mart.

Ninja Gaiden 3 RE $20 BB

You must be new here?

will pre order for now, but i might wait for a b2g1 sale (tru should be doing one in october). game looks great and i definitely want to support new IPs.

just from memory nintendo published games i got new $20 or less within a year of release thanks to CAG

Metroid prime Trilogy $20 via BB

Skyward Sword $20 BB

Kirby Dream Collection $20 BB

Kirby Epic Yarn $10 BB

Piliot wings Resort $5 BB

Steel Diver $5 BB

Golden Sun DD $6 BB

Sin & Punishment SS $20 BB

Dragon Quest 9 $10 BB

Dragon Quest 6 $ 10 BB

Legendary Starfy $10 Wal Mart

Fire Emblem SD $10 Wal Mart.

Ninja Gaiden 3 RE $20 BB

You must be new here?
Almost all of those games are incredibly old and or ports.

Please don't confuse big brand games like Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Mario 3D World with titles like "Legendary Starfy" and the god awful Ninja Gaiden 3 port. Same with listing very old titles. We're asking for a deal in a reasonable amount of time, not a deal that was posted 4 years after release.

Almost all of those games are incredibly old and or ports.

Please don't confuse big brand games like Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Mario 3D World with titles like "Legendary Starfy" and the god awful Ninja Gaiden 3 port. Same with listing very old titles. We're asking for a deal in a reasonable amount of time, not a deal that was posted 4 years after release.
you must have trouble with reading comprehension or you just really like to cherry pick facts. i stated i got them all within a year of their release. secondly you laughed at the notion of a $20 price point for a nintendo published game. i posted 12 with the 1st year of their respective launches (should have been 13 since a forgot metroid other m). So im gussing metroid, zelda, kirby & dragon quest are not major titles & W101 is? lol! try harder kid

Yeah but it's also going to be pretty short, as is every Platinum game.
Not true. Campaign will be at least 20 hours, and that's on a quick run through. Even the demo for this game had more hidden characters, secrets, upgrades, and multiple ways to play through it than some full retail releases I've seen. This game is the biggest title in Platinum Games' history.

you must have trouble with reading comprehension or you just really like to cherry pick facts. i stated i got them all within a year of their release. secondly you laughed at the notion of a $20 price point for a nintendo published game. i posted 12 with the 1st year of their respective launches (should have been 13 since a forgot metroid other m). So im gussing metroid, zelda, kirby & dragon quest are not major titles & W101 is? lol! try harder kid
You've made your point, but he also makes a fair point. Many of Nintendo's games (there are always exceptions) maintain their price for years. Mario Galaxy 2 is still selling for $45 used. Usually the Nintendo games that drop in price are the ones that either weren't that good, were collections or have been out several years. Games that get pummeled by reviewers (like Other M) also drop in price quickly. But Skyward Sword has kept its price for the most part. It's only recently dropped down to $30 at retailers. If you got it cheaper in its first year, it was because of a retailer-specific sale. I just saw it at BB a few months ago and it was still $50. There are examples on both sides which support both your arguments.

But getting back to the issue, will Wonderful 101 drop in price quickly? Truth is none of us know, we can only speculate. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it will keep its price, for the simple reason the game is phenomenal, and the first Wii U game that has system-selling potential. Great games do maintain their value better than average or even good games, and the fact the IP is Nintendo owned will contribute to its longevity.

Regardless, I personally believe this game is worth every cent of full MSRP. I had it pre ordered before finding this deal- and I must say I think this game looks better than Bayonetta 2, and that's saying something. I would recommend to anyone reading this who hasn't yet done so, to watch the extended Director's Cut trailer and play the demo. 99 out of 100 gamers who watched the trailer and played the demo, really want this game.

joholden the issue was never if w101 would drop in price quickly. im just personally not buying it untill it's $20 or less. if it's 2 months or 2 years so be it. if its a price drop or sale what do i care as long as it's $20. i could care less how many people buy it at full price. if you want to do that go for it & enjoy it, but it's funny how some people get sour when other opt to wait for a price drop. Jholden do you realistically think that w101 is the first wiiu game with system selling potential? really? that's just suprising to hear. id love to hear your reasoning behind that.

Also im curious to know what your basis is on your completion time claim for w101 that you made to cubsfan. do you have a early copy or something? that was just a very bold & detailed claim to make. because after playing the demo and then reading you saying this:

"Even the demo for this game had more hidden characters, secrets, upgrades, and multiple ways to play through it than some full retail releases I've seen"

it makes it very hard to take you serious.

joholden the issue was never if w101 would drop in price quickly. im just personally not buying it untill it's $20 or less. if it's 2 months or 2 years so be it. if its a price drop or sale what do i care as long as it's $20. i could care less how many people buy it at full price. if you want to do that go for it & enjoy it, but it's funny how some people get sour when other opt to wait for a price drop. Jholden do you realistically think that w101 is the first wiiu game with system selling potential? really? that's just suprising to hear. id love to hear your reasoning behind that.

Also im curious to know what your basis is on your completion time claim for w101 that you made to cubsfan. do you have a early copy or something? that was just a very bold & detailed claim to make. because after playing the demo and then reading you saying this:

"Even the demo for this game had more hidden characters, secrets, upgrades, and multiple ways to play through it than some full retail releases I've seen"

it makes it very hard to take you serious.
I was quoting Hideki Kamiya, who stated the game would be around 20 hours to complete. He said it will be impossible to beat the first day you buy it, and the game has more content than Bayonetta 2. I wasn't just pulling facts out of thin air. I think he announced it on Twitter after he roused fans by a troll-statement that the game would be incredibly short. See this article which backs up my statement, and this article.

As for W101 being the first game with system-selling potential, let me elaborate. I bought a Wii U day 1, and own 18 games for it, with 9 1st party titles pre ordered and another 9 3rd party titles pre ordered. So I do know what's been available thus far and what will be available in the future. I loved NSMBU, but it obviously hasn't helped sell as many systems as desired. No game has, as of yet anyways. Not ZombiU, Moster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Lego City Undercover, or even the masterpiece that is Pikmin 3. Now, I do understand that it's not usually one game that sells a system, but a decent library of great games. And ALL games are technically system-sellers, it's just a matter of to what degree. But I'm talking about a MAJOR system-selling game. One that can move truckloads of consoles. I am not so naïve to think that a bundle with an outstanding game couldn't make an impact saleswise. And I think this game has what it takes. I really do. If you don't agree, that's fine- I understand not everyone will.

After playing the demo, I played it 2 more times back to back, because there was just SO much to do, and to find, and different ways to play through. I was thoroughly impressed, to say the least. What I meant by that statement, is that I've bought games, full releases, that really didn't offer much in the way of unlockables, secrets, or new hidden characters. And that really gave no incentive to play a stage twice. What I was trying to convey with my statement was that even the demo for this game demonstrated more of these qualities than many full releases I've bought in the past. And that's very true. Even the small sample of the game provided in the demo contained many qualities that I don't see in full releases, and that speaks volumes for the quality of the game.

No one, and certainly not I, have an issue with you waiting for the price to drop. Perhaps I misunderstood the conversation. By all means, if you wish to wait to save some money, go for it. I know many people do, especially gamers that are frugal, such as members found here on CAG.

There is no basis to say it's hard to take me seriously though. What I said was based on what Kamiya said, and the rest is my opinion, such as the game being the first with true system-selling potential. Pikmin 3 is by far my favorite game yet, and a pure 10/10 in my book, but it hasn't been a dominant force as far as console sales. It's helped some, to be sure, but I think Nintendo is looking for a game that could sell millions of consoles over a period of years. And I could definitely see W101 selling a lot of Wii Us, IF marketed properly, and perhaps IF bundled with the Deluxe version.

It amazes me that everyone still gets the name of the game wrong. Animal Crossing taught us that it's The Wonderful LoL

oh ok i see you based your statement off of what the developer said. your original post to cub made it seem as if you personally completed it. also now that you've clarified the statement about the demo being more full fledged that retail releases was just your opinion i can accept that. i dont exactly agree, but we my be into completely different games.
i dunno know about w101 being the breakthrough system seller. i just dont see it having that mainstream appeal. like you said usual system sellers like nsmb & monster hunter didn't move as much as they hoped. with the right marketing and possible bundle maybe, but it launches next month so nintendo better get rolling soon.

oh ok i see you based your statement off of what the developer said. your original post to cub made it seem as if you personally completed it. also now that you've clarified the statement about the demo being more full fledged that retail releases was just your opinion i can accept that. i dont exactly agree, but we my be into completely different games.
i dunno know about w101 being the breakthrough system seller. i just dont see it having that mainstream appeal. like you said usual system sellers like nsmb & monster hunter didn't move as much as they hoped. with the right marketing and possible bundle maybe, but it launches next month so nintendo better get rolling soon.
Right. I personally think they waited way too long to start advertising this game. It should have been receiving hype months ago. It's only hope now is to ride on the waves of public opinion- fortunately I think those will be pretty favorable. I definitely think the game has the potential, but it may not really start selling well until after the holidays when more people start to buy Wii Us.

It's got the same high-octane action as Bayonetta 2, but with intriguing storyline, more complex gameplay and dressed in a non-offensive, colorful, Nintendo-like style which will definitely have a broader appeal than Bayonetta 2 (at least to the Nintendo fanbase). I was interested in the game beforehand- it looked somewhat interesting, but it was only after watching that Director's Cut trailer and then playing the demo that I was sucked into it's grasp.

Another game that is looking surprisingly good to me is Sonic Lost World. That one hit me out of nowhere- I never expect much with Sonic games anymore, that is, until I watched the new Sonic Lost World trailer. What are your thoughts on Sonic Lost World?

yeah nintendo really has been slacking with the marketing as a whole lately. the whole advertising through nintendo direct is cool, but it's not reaching the majority of people. ill agree with you on sonic. colors & generations were great and made me a fan again. LW looks cool from the small amount i saw. from what i hear allstar racing transformed sold well on wii u. so a full fledged sonic adventure should put up solid numbers around the holidays.

yeah nintendo really has been slacking with the marketing as a whole lately. the whole advertising through nintendo direct is cool, but it's not reaching the majority of people. ill agree with you on sonic. colors & generations were great and made me a fan again. LW looks cool from the small amount i saw. from what i hear allstar racing transformed sold well on wii u. so a full fledged sonic adventure should put up solid numbers around the holidays.
Yeah, I thought Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed was superb on Wii U. Hopefully Sega can finally rebuild the Sonic brand with Lost World- like you said, Generations and Colors were good games. But Lost World appears to be a game-changer for the franchise, finally lol. It's fortunate the game is a Wii U exclusive, because Nintendo needs all the must-have exclusives it can get its hands on right now.

I think this will be a very love it or hate it game.  I expect reviews to be very divided on this one.  I usually like Platinum's games (Revengeance is one of my favorite games this year) but after playing the demo to this the other night, I hated it.  Controls are extremely flaky and the use of the touch / second screen didn't feel intuitive to me, it felt gimmicky.  I know a lot of people love it, and that's great, diffrent' strokes & all.  But I'd advise anyone thinking of picking it up to try the demo and see for yourself which side you fall on.  

bread's done
Back