- - - - -

PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

#1 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Uh, I don't plan on editting the OP (if you want a full list, just go to Gamespot or IGN), but we needed one.

So here it is.

Complete list of E3 games
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:26 PM

oh man, Press conference starts next door in 40 mins. I wish I found a way to RVSP ahead of time =(. I hear they're showing MGS4 there too ;)

#3 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

Uh, I don't plan on editting the OP (if you want a full list, just go to Gamespot or IGN), but we needed one.

So here it is.

You're only supposed to start it if you plan on updating it.. therefore.. you better update!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

There, now that THAT's out of the way.

Radiata stories

http://www.gamespot....ries/index.html

The developer behind Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean teams up with Square Enix to produce this new fantasy role-playing game.

----------

Fake Edit: Haha Scorch, no way man. I think people are competant enough to find mass-update-lists on their own. These threads are just to post the late-breaking-announcements, and any new updates. I was just sick of everybody waiting around, wanting somebody else to do it because they didn't want to update it.

It's like the trashbin that everybody keeps stacking stuff on, because they don't want to take it out. Well, kind of like that, but not really.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:32 PM

These screens of Code Age Commanders look really interesting too.

http://www.gamespot....creenindex.html
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:33 PM

just found this pic on engadget

could this be it ;)?

Posted Image

#7 crystalklear64   Ded CAGiversary!   13616 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

crystalklear64

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:34 PM

Sweet, a new Shining Force game!

ckjp.png

#8 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

LoL poor gizmodo guy got left out

E3: Sony Gave Me Cancer
Home Entertainment filed under Home Entertainment : Playstation

So despite the fact that I can provide all the press credentials they need, Sony has cockblocked me from the PS3 press conference. I’ve done everything I know how to do, but they’ve left me out to roast in the overcast oven of the Sony Pictures Culver City production lot.

At this point, I have two options: wait for a few hours while Brian writes about fucking finger-sized hot dogs and hope that my RSVP at the Xbox event isn’t boned; book a ticket back to the New York and kill everyone who I’ve ever loved (currently in the front running); take the video camera and bum rush the line, yelling insults about SCEA and the asshole PR firm flunkies who have the gall to let reporters from print magazines but not an internet superstar. The third option would be the most entertaining for you (I hear the LAPD make for great video), but since we don’t have a way to host video, it’s probably all a waste.

I want to go home.

http://www.gizmodo.c...e-cancer-103715

oh man poor guy

#9 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:39 PM

Flipnic: Ultimate Pinball looks surprisingly good.

http://www.gamespot....creenindex.html

I've been kind of soured on Pinball games (because they mostly suck), but this is Capcom and not some lame bargain-bin company. I want to see this in action.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 punqsux   1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank CAGiversary!   11197 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

since no one is updating these, dont link to these threads if someone makes an individual post. because these threads will still be a clusterfuck. (this rule does not apply to the xbox thread)

#11 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

<15 minutes to go until the press conference right? I had heard somewhere that it was delayed an hour, but I don't see that anywhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Jaket   Ask me about my Halo 3 stats CAGiversary!   4806 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

<15 minutes to go until the press conference right? I had heard somewhere that it was delayed an hour, but I don't see that anywhere.

from IGN.com:

Sony Press Conference Webcast
4:00 p.m. PST on Monday, May 16

thats an hour from now i think
still alive

#13 Ugamer_X   You can trust me CAGiversary!   7617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

Conference should start in a few minutes...No live feeds though, videos should come after the conference is over.

#14 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

from IGN.com:

Sony Press Conference Webcast
4:00 p.m. PST on Monday, May 16

thats an hour from now i think

So it's true. :cry:

It was supposed to be 3 PST.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

holy @#%@ I've never seen so many police and and press around here before. it's mad crazy on Jefferson Blvd. Makes me wish I could go :(

#16 Ugamer_X   You can trust me CAGiversary!   7617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

So it's true. :cry:

It was supposed to be 3 PST.

Posted Image

No, no, no...It starts NOW...The webcast is put up an hour later. Like I said, no live feeds.

#17 MaxBiaggi2   Assistant Produce Manager CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MaxBiaggi2

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

it's mad crazy on Jefferson Blvd. Makes me wish I could go :(

You can always buy the over-priced DVDs from Gamespot (and others) a month or so after the fact. It'll almost be like you were there but didn't have to stand in line. :D

#18 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:22 PM

wtf they sell dvds of the press conference? if you're talking about E3 Expo i'm still goin to that so it's still only a minor loss.

#19 MaxBiaggi2   Assistant Produce Manager CAGiversary!   1164 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

MaxBiaggi2

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

wtf they sell dvds of the press conference? if you're talking about E3 Expo i'm still goin to that so it's still only a minor loss.

I bought a set of the E3 2004 DVDs from Gamestop earlier this year for $5 new (4 DVDs). I forget what company made them, but they included the three pre-E3 press conferences plus a load of trailers, interviews, etc. Buying them new right after this year's E3 will probably run you $20 or more though.

#20 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:27 PM

Liveblogs of Sony Conf.

http://www.gametab.com/news/274752/
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

damn engadget and joystiq are getting hit hard now lol

also blogs there. Poor Gizmodo guy couldnt get in hehe

#22 Ugamer_X   You can trust me CAGiversary!   7617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

http://www.gamespot....ws_6124681.html

#23 Ugamer_X   You can trust me CAGiversary!   7617 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

The presentation started with a little game history. “PlayStation 2 defined digital enterainment…. PlayStation Portable, the next revolution!” The chest thumping was accompanied by thumping speakers.
First up: Kaz Hirai. “Are you guys excited about E3?” The audience barely cheered, so he had to try again. C’mon, show us the goods, then we’ll be excited… maybe.

He does the numbers: 190 million units of hardware, 2 billion units of software. He does the backwards compatibility thing. These are the Sony strengths, so he reminds the audience that these are the goods that Microsoft can’t match.

Queue pointless interlude of flashy CGI graphics (not sure what that was for).

Ken Kutaragi introduced, and he proceeds to give the audience another lesson on the history of the PlayStation consoles. From “Real-time 3D-CG” to “Emotion Engine.” He confirms backwards compatibility of the PlayStation 3, eliciting the first audience applause since he took the stage.

Cut to a video of an IBM dude woodenly reading from a teleprompter (his eyes dart quickly left-to-right) about the cell processor system. “Even though at times it seemed like an impossible journey, the entire team overcame impossible challenges to meet the goals…. We are very excited to look forward to see all the entertainment this chip will help create.”

Highly technical performance overview given, including the following slides:
Posted Image

-from joystiq

#24 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:11 PM

Do we have official pics yet?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Zoglog   Blogging = AIDS CAGiversary!   6498 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

I'm suprised that they'd use non propreitary memory formats, that's pretty cool ;). no DVI ports eh? I guess that's ok since I can get those from HDMI.

#26 Jrunt20x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1370 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:15 PM

What's been confirmed so far: Re-writeable UMDs for $25, Kojima is writing the script for MGS4, the next GTA will be an exclusive launch title and finally the wireless controllers for the PS3 will be charged by resting them on the system itself.
http://www.slimeknig...hts/?u=jrunt20x

jrunt20x would like to invite you to become a member of Slime Knights! Join the ranks, dragon quest 2006! PM me if you do it for a reward! :D

#27 munch   la tête de CAG CAGiversary!   19476 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:15 PM

Do we have official pics yet?

that's what i want to see. i wonder if they are going white.

#28 evilmax17   Yardsaling CAG CAGiversary!   7480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:17 PM

I'm pressing F5 all over the goddamn place!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 brodiemash   Banned Banned   415 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

brodiemash

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

Gawdamn! Gawdamn! My asshole is ready to explode with excitement!
Posted Image

"Don't worry 'bout the weed or pussy, I read books!"

My Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=58399

#30 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11107 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

So are the PS3 specs substantially better then the XBox 2 specs?
Also re-writable UMDS, does that mean we can finally burn movies to our PSP outside of putting them in the memory stick duo?