PS2/PS3 E3 Game Announcement Thread

oh man, Press conference starts next door in 40 mins. I wish I found a way to RVSP ahead of time =(. I hear they're showing MGS4 there too ;)

[quote name='evilmax17']Uh, I don't plan on editting the OP (if you want a full list, just go to Gamespot or IGN), but we needed one.

So here it is.[/QUOTE]

You're only supposed to start it if you plan on updating it.. therefore.. you better update!

There, now that THAT's out of the way.

Radiata stories

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/radiatastories/index.html

The developer behind Valkyrie Profile and Star Ocean teams up with Square Enix to produce this new fantasy role-playing game.

----------

Fake Edit: Haha Scorch, no way man. I think people are competant enough to find mass-update-lists on their own. These threads are just to post the late-breaking-announcements, and any new updates. I was just sick of everybody waiting around, wanting somebody else to do it because they didn't want to update it.

It's like the trashbin that everybody keeps stacking stuff on, because they don't want to take it out. Well, kind of like that, but not really.

just found this pic on engadget

could this be it ;)?

2994557355722101.JPG

LoL poor gizmodo guy got left out

E3: Sony Gave Me Cancer
Home Entertainment filed under Home Entertainment : Playstation

So despite the fact that I can provide all the press credentials they need, Sony has cockblocked me from the PS3 press conference. I’ve done everything I know how to do, but they’ve left me out to roast in the overcast oven of the Sony Pictures Culver City production lot.

At this point, I have two options: wait for a few hours while Brian writes about fucking finger-sized hot dogs and hope that my RSVP at the Xbox event isn’t boned; book a ticket back to the New York and kill everyone who I’ve ever loved (currently in the front running); take the video camera and bum rush the line, yelling insults about SCEA and the asshole PR firm flunkies who have the gall to let reporters from print magazines but not an internet superstar. The third option would be the most entertaining for you (I hear the LAPD make for great video), but since we don’t have a way to host video, it’s probably all a waste.

I want to go home.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home...ation/index.php#e3-sony-gave-me-cancer-103715

oh man poor guy

[quote name='Zoglog']just found this pic on engadget

could this be it ;)?

2994557355722101.JPG
[/QUOTE]

well, theres only 2 controller ports, so its more likley than one with four ports :lol:

since no one is updating these, dont link to these threads if someone makes an individual post. because these threads will still be a clusterfuck. (this rule does not apply to the xbox thread)

[quote name='StealthySeal']from IGN.com:

Sony Press Conference Webcast
4:00 p.m. PST on Monday, May 16

thats an hour from now i think[/QUOTE]

So it's true. :cry:

It was supposed to be 3 PST.

pressevent_sony_coming.jpg

holy @#%@ I've never seen so many police and and press around here before. it's mad crazy on Jefferson Blvd. Makes me wish I could go :(

[quote name='evilmax17']So it's true. :cry:

It was supposed to be 3 PST.

pressevent_sony_coming.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No, no, no...It starts NOW...The webcast is put up an hour later. Like I said, no live feeds.

[quote name='Zoglog']it's mad crazy on Jefferson Blvd. Makes me wish I could go :([/QUOTE]

You can always buy the over-priced DVDs from Gamespot (and others) a month or so after the fact. It'll almost be like you were there but didn't have to stand in line. :D

wtf they sell dvds of the press conference? if you're talking about E3 Expo i'm still goin to that so it's still only a minor loss.

[quote name='Zoglog']wtf they sell dvds of the press conference? if you're talking about E3 Expo i'm still goin to that so it's still only a minor loss.[/QUOTE]

I bought a set of the E3 2004 DVDs from Gamestop earlier this year for $5 new (4 DVDs). I forget what company made them, but they included the three pre-E3 press conferences plus a load of trailers, interviews, etc. Buying them new right after this year's E3 will probably run you $20 or more though.

The presentation started with a little game history. “PlayStation 2 defined digital enterainment…. PlayStation Portable, the next revolution!” The chest thumping was accompanied by thumping speakers.
First up: Kaz Hirai. “Are you guys excited about E3?” The audience barely cheered, so he had to try again. C’mon, show us the goods, then we’ll be excited… maybe.

He does the numbers: 190 million units of hardware, 2 billion units of software. He does the backwards compatibility thing. These are the Sony strengths, so he reminds the audience that these are the goods that Microsoft can’t match.

Queue pointless interlude of flashy CGI graphics (not sure what that was for).

Ken Kutaragi introduced, and he proceeds to give the audience another lesson on the history of the PlayStation consoles. From “Real-time 3D-CG” to “Emotion Engine.” He confirms backwards compatibility of the PlayStation 3, eliciting the first audience applause since he took the stage.

Cut to a video of an IBM dude woodenly reading from a teleprompter (his eyes dart quickly left-to-right) about the cell processor system. “Even though at times it seemed like an impossible journey, the entire team overcame impossible challenges to meet the goals…. We are very excited to look forward to see all the entertainment this chip will help create.”

Highly technical performance overview given, including the following slides:
8784671701491003.JPG

-from joystiq

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port

I'm suprised that they'd use non propreitary memory formats, that's pretty cool ;). no DVI ports eh? I guess that's ok since I can get those from HDMI.

What's been confirmed so far: Re-writeable UMDs for $25, Kojima is writing the script for MGS4, the next GTA will be an exclusive launch title and finally the wireless controllers for the PS3 will be charged by resting them on the system itself.

[quote name='evilmax17']Do we have official pics yet?[/QUOTE]

that's what i want to see. i wonder if they are going white.

So are the PS3 specs substantially better then the XBox 2 specs?
Also re-writable UMDS, does that mean we can finally burn movies to our PSP outside of putting them in the memory stick duo?

[quote name='munch']that's what i want to see. i wonder if they are going white.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if we are going to see pics today.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I don't know if we are going to see pics today.[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised, I'm think sony is saving pics till after MS' press conference.

Gamespot keeps changing their info....

Here's another update.

[UPDATE 4] Sony confirms the name and release window of its next-generation console in Los Angeles, will use Blu-ray disc format.

LOS ANGELES--Today saw the second of the big three console makers announce their next-generation platform. At its pre-E3 press conference, Sony Computer Entertainment gave the world its first look at the PlayStation 3, as it now is officially called.

The name was not unexpected, since Sony had been running an extensive teaser-ad campaign prepping the public for the PlayStation 3. The company had laid a blanket of posters around the Los Angeles Convention Center, site of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (aka E3). Bus stalls and billboards around the convention center proclaimed "Prepare for Chang3" in the distinctive PlayStation font with partial shots of the Dual Shock controller's square-circle-triangle-X buttons.

Sony also confirmed the PlayStation 3, will use Blu-Ray discs as its media format. The discs can hold up to six times as much data as current-generation DVDs. It will also support CR-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R formats. It also confirmed the machine would be backward-compatible all the way to the original PlayStation. It will also have slots for Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, and a compact flash memory slot. It will also sport a slot for detachable 2.5 inch HDD somewhat similar the Xbox 360's.

Out of the box, the PS3 will have the capability to support seven Bluetooth controllers. It will also have six USB slots for peripherals--four up front and two in the back.

Sony also laid out the technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, and have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz.

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors lager than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today.

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video. Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "Super computer for computer entertainment."

they're prob waiting till near the end to show the actual unit.

LoL they took out HDMI, that sounded a little strange.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Out of the box, the PS3 will have the capability to support seven Bluetooth controllers.[/QUOTE]

7...who the fuck thought up seven...try splitting my screen into sevenths. I hate uneven numbers as it is damnit

[quote name='Ozzkev55']7...who the fuck thought up seven...try splitting my screen into sevenths. I hate uneven numbers as it is damnit[/QUOTE]

Of all companies that would do this, it's definately Sony.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']7...who the fuck thought up seven...try splitting my screen into sevenths. I hate uneven numbers as it is damnit[/QUOTE]
8 player games have existed for years...It has nothing to due with splitting up the screen.

[quote name='evilmax17']Of all companies that would do this, it's definately Sony.[/QUOTE]

lol, unfortunately there has never been a truer statement, but I'm getting very excited for PS3, even with such little information I have a feeling it's gonna blow Xbox 360 outta the water.

[quote name='Gamespot']Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors lager than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today.[/quote]

Wow. I really hope they actually show the thing. Want to know what it looks like.

Maybe the support of 7 controllers simultaneously could be for games that use different/extra controllers.Like a game where you would use the analog of the Dual Shock 3 to move and do your shooting with a GunCon3 or something to that effect.

Theres also games that don't need split screens like wrestling, sports, etc. Come on Capcom, bring on 7 player Powerstone!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Maybe the support of 7 controllers simultaneously could be for games that use different/extra controllers.Like a game where you would use the analog of the Dual Shock 3 to move and do your shooting with a GunCon3 or something to that effect.

Theres also games that don't need split screens like wrestling, sports, etc. Come on Capcom, bring on 7 player Powerstone![/QUOTE]
ahh...thanks for the clarification

bread's done
Back