GameFly August 2013 Used Game Sale (8/13-8/19)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
4.jpg

GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 8/19.

Sale goes live 8/13 at 10AM PST

Xbox 360
Hitman: Absolution $9.99
Dishonored $12.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters $12.99
The Walking Dead $12.99
Dance Central 3 $14.99
Just Dance 4 $14.99
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor $7.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99
Dead Island $9.99
Kinect Star Wars $9.99
Resident Evil 6 $9.99
The Gunstringer$9.99
Angry Birds Trilogy $12.99
Assassin's Creed II $12.99
Dragon Ball Z for Kinect $12.99
Nike+ Kinect Training $12.99
Spec Ops: The Line $12.99
Borderlands 2 $14.99
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $14.99
The Hip Hop Dance Experience $14.99
Crysis 3 $17.99
Just Dance 3 $17.99
Wipeout: In the Zone $17.99
Zumba Fitness Rush $17.99
Gears of War: Judgment $24.99

PlayStation 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99
Best of PlayStation Network Vol. 1 $14.99
Crysis 3 $17.99
BioShock $8.99
Ben 10 Omniverse $9.99
Dead Island $9.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $9.99
NeverDead $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3 $9.99
Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants $9.99
Resident Evil 6 $9.99
007 Legends $12.99
Angry Birds Trilogy $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
Crysis 2 $12.99
Dishonored $12.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $12.99
Rise of the Guardians $12.99
Assassin's Creed III $14.99
Little Big Planet Karting $14.99

Wii U
Darksiders II $14.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $14.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited $14.99
The Croods: Prehistoric Party! $9.99
007 Legends $12.99
ESPN Sports Connection $12.99
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition $12.99
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition $14.99
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper $14.99
ZombiU $17.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $24.99
Injustice: Gods Among Us $24.99
Just Dance 4 $24.99
Rabbids Land $27.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why its taking so long for Gears : Judgment to drop.
$25 should be the price for a NEW copy by now. Hell, Tomb Raider is $20 this week at Best Buy and Amazon, and that was an Excellent game.
Guess I'll keep waiting....

I don't see anything under PS3 that I want or don't already own. Sucks because I have a $5 off coupon too. :(

EDIT: What's this talk of chipped discs? All of my used gamed purchases have been from Gamefly [40+ games) and theres only been one occasion where I got a non-working copy and they refunded me even before I shipped it back.

I don't see anything under PS3 that I want or don't already own. Sucks because I have a $5 off coupon too. :(

EDIT: What's this talk of chipped discs? All of my used gamed purchases have been from Gamefly [40+ games) and theres only been one occasion where I got a non-working copy and they refunded me even before I shipped it back.
Trolls. I've never had a bad disc either. They've all been mint.

Can I have the code if you won't use it before it expires?

Trolls. I've never had a bad disc either. They've all been mint.
Many of us have received bad disks though. Out of the 20 of so PS3 games I have purcahsed used from gamefly, I would say 8 of them have come with chipped edges. They still work and play fine so I keep them, but it is a valid complaint that many people here have seen.

Unforunately, the only Wii game I purchased (a couple of months ago) came cracked so I had to send that one back. Gamefly isn't perfect, but at least they are leaps and bounds better than Gamestop.

Even at $10, I'm still not sure if I should get RE6. Dishonored would be a pick up if I hadn't already gotten it used from GS. Haven't even started it yet.

That's why I own a WiiU. NOBODY has rented any of those games! They are almost guaranteed to come in new condition.
Unfortunately if you feel a Wii U disc on the edges, they're more rounded than any other disc, they're not a standard DVD or a blu-ray. Apparently the Wii U is sensitive with reading the edges on the disc (maybe this is some sort of anti-piracy method by Nintendo, having their own special discs with the rounded edges...who knows?). But if there is the slightest chip on the Wii U disc, the Wii U can have difficulty reading the disc.

I had this issue with LEGO City Undercover that I rented from GameFly,the first one was unplayable, and the disc appeared fine besides a minor chip. They sent me another copy, which also had minor chips, but I was able to play that...but it required me to eject and re-insert the disc multiple times do to disc read errors. I've played my copies of Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Sonic Allstar Racing and NSMBU recently and not had any difficulty reading the discs, so it was purely the LEGO discs from GameFly.

I did however rent Tekken Tag Tournament 2 from GameFly and not have any issues. I didn't check it for "chips" either since this was before the LEGO incident.

Just thought Wii U owners would like to know this, I'm skeptical of buying used Wii U games from GameFly now...but I've never had issue with any of the 360, PS3 or 3DS games I've bought through them.

Has anyone played  Port Royale 3 on the PS3? I am a big fan of the Anno style games, but I am not sure how well it would translate to the consoles. Any advice would help. Thanks!

Those are some decent deals. I've got most of what I want (Gears needs to drop way more for me to get it), but others should enjoy some of those. Thanks for the heads up all the same!

Any WiiU diehards wanna sell me on Batman? I already have the goty edition but I'll blow an extra $15 on the WiiU version if it's omfgsobetter.

Any WiiU diehards wanna sell me on Batman? I already have the goty edition but I'll blow an extra $15 on the WiiU version if it's omfgsobetter.
It's worse with frame rate problem whenever a lot happens on the screen, especially when there's environmental effects like fog or smoke

I thought the wiiu version of batman looked so much better than the ps3 version.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  I also harldy noticed the slowdown that many reviews have stated as a negative point against this version.

YAY!!! I can get Aliens Colonial Marines for $1 dollar cheaper. So glad I waited, the game is probably horrible but I wont pass this time.

You should've got it last time when it $10, Amazon TiV was $11 back then.

Or the time before that when you could make ~$8 on the trade in to Amazon. I think it was ~$8 and TiV was ~$16.

Tempted on DBZ kinect. Anyone played that?
It's not the best game but I enjoyed it for what it was, I'm pretty into the DBZ games though and have all of the ones out on 360, while I wish it would control better it's just kind of cool being able to do the motions for some of the moves from the show and such, not the worst buy for the price it is at but don't expect an amazing quality game.

it's not. don't bother.no amount of patches will fix that pos.
You ain't kidding. If you want a bland ass first person shooter packed full of bigs/glitches to play with your friends,then it's the perfect game.

By the way, DBZ HD Collection is $24.99 on PS3. Lately I've seen copies going for $30+, so just wanted to throw it out there.

It's worse with frame rate problem whenever a lot happens on the screen, especially when there's environmental effects like fog or smoke

I thought the wiiu version of batman looked so much better than the ps3 version. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I also harldy noticed the slowdown that many reviews have stated as a negative point against this version.

Mm, all right. I'll just stick with my PSTriple copy then if it's even debatable as to which version is the best. Thanks, y'all.

Tempting to get The Walking Dead and I really like the first episode. Many promises awaits. That said is it good to buy the disc? I heard something odd about it, so I want to confirm if it's safe to get.

Tempting to get The Walking Dead and I really like the first episode. Many promises awaits. That said is it good to buy the disc? I heard something odd about it, so I want to confirm if it's safe to get.
ill just save you the time, rick comes in and rescues you at the end

ill just save you the time, rick comes in and rescues you at the end
That doesn't mean I don't want to play anymore. What's wrong with the experience? I need to see it myself. But really, I need to know if it's ok to buy the disc version?

That doesn't mean I don't want to play anymore. What's wrong with the experience? I need to see it myself. But really, I need to know if it's ok to buy the disc version?
He's joking. Yes, buy the game. The disc based one is no different than downloading the episodes separately on the market. You must play this.

bread's done
Back