* * * * * 13 votes

Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

humble bundle humble origin bundle

#421 stupidproz1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2508 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

stupidproz1

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Just so we're clear, Steam keys do give you different unique Origin codes than come with the actual humble bundle. Yes that does happen. The method to obtaining them is varied for each game.

Dead Space 1: In order to get the Dead Space 1 origin code from Steam you have to install the game then start the game maybe even start a new game then save and exit and go here:
*Instructions taken from Steam forums
If anyone wants to activate theirs DS1 on EADM, for whatever reason, cd key (not shown in steam games list) can be found (when game is installed) in registry (run>regedit>enter), on one of these two locations:

- computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Dead Space\ergc

or

- computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\E lectronic Arts\EA Games\Dead Space\ergc

There should be (Default) with the value of CD-Key. You can activate it trough 'redeem game' option from EADM menu, or this page: https://activate.ea....activategame.do

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box: After you hit install game you can then right click the steam entry and click "View CD Key" and there you should have your new unique Origin key.

Crysis 2: Maximum Edition: After you hit install game you can then right click the steam entry and click "View CD Key" and there you should have your new unique Origin key.

Mirror's Edge: Unfortunately as far as I know there is no known method of viewing you unique cd key for this game. (It took me around 30 tries of badgering different EA customer service reps to get them to add it to my Origin account.)

Metal of Honor: After you hit install game you can then right click the steam entry and click "View CD Key" and there you should have your new unique Origin key.

#422 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

For anyone that's confused, if you buy in now for only the $1 tier, you get the bonuses NO MATTER WHAT.

Then rejoice later this week when you get Dragon Age 2 and Darkspore!

#423 J7.   $$$$ It CAGiversary!   7704 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Is anyone else concerned about the DRM on some of these games? I don't know what to make of it. I'm guessing Dead Space is ok because it's inert SecuROM?

Crysis 2 has Steam's Stub form of DRM? Medal of Honor should definitely be avoided due to SecuROM? I heard SecuROM is very bad.

http://pcgamingwiki....ty_DRM_on_Steam

Dead Space: Inert SecuROM

Some games on Steam contain completely inert remnants of a prior DRM system which was removed (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky or Dead Space for instance) or DRM files which are not used unless you attach a DRM expansion pack or DLC to the game (Borderlands, for instance). The DRM files do nothing, install nothing and are completely inert unless otherwise noted.

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box: EA Account.

Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition Link

SolidShield on original Crysis 2 release and on Origin.

The Steam version of the game contains Steam's "stub" form of DRM. It is not DRM-free. Source

Online play requires a MyCrysis account.

Mirror's Edge: EA Account. 

Dead Space 3: Don't know.

Medal of Honor: SecuROM Single-player portion only, 5 machine limit, 1 activation added every 60 days.

#424 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Is anyone else concerned about the DRM on some of these games? I don't know what to make of it. I'm guessing Dead Space is ok because it's inert SecuROM?

Crysis 2 has Steam's Stub form of DRM? Medal of Honor should definitely be avoided due to SecuROM? I heard SecuROM is very bad.

http://pcgamingwiki....ty_DRM_on_Steam

Dead Space: Inert SecuROM

Some games on Steam contain completely inert remnants of a prior DRM system which was removed (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky or Dead Space for instance) or DRM files which are not used unless you attach a DRM expansion pack or DLC to the game (Borderlands, for instance). The DRM files do nothing, install nothing and are completely inert unless otherwise noted.

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box: EA Account.

Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition Link

SolidShield on original Crysis 2 release and on Origin.

The Steam version of the game contains Steam's "stub" form of DRM. It is not DRM-free. Source

Online play requires a MyCrysis account.

Mirror's Edge: EA Account. 

Dead Space 3: Don't know.

Medal of Honor: SecuROM Single-player portion only, 5 machine limit, 1 activation added every 60 days

for dead space there no sign up or anything to pput in key i play single playere but yea ithink only one u should be concer is medal of honor

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#425 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't even care about SecuROM. All instances of it I've come across are easy enough to let you deactivate copies and whatnot. I've never had a problem with any of this stuff...

bZ2g3eF.png

#426 XIGRIMxREAPERIX   Insomniac CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

Medal of Honor: SecuROM Single-player portion only, 5 machine limit, 1 activation added every 60 days.

That Medal of Honor DRM....

Spoiler

Posted Image

#427 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5328 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't mind SecuROM all that much if it's just a CD-key check, unlimited activations, or renewing activations. It's when there's an activation limit that you have to manually revoke (or one that you can't revoke at all) that I get pissed off.

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#428 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

for dead space there no sign up or anything to pput in key i play single playere but yea ithink only one u should be concer is medal of honor

Oh, man - the MOH (Reboot) Steam-version needs that Securom DRM to be at least gone inert or (better yet) removed entirely.

No need for that crap on a Steam-version.

EDIT:

I don't mind SecuROM all that much if it's just a CD-key check, unlimited activations, or renewing activations. It's when there's an activation limit that you have to manually revoke (or one that you can't revoke at all) that I get pissed off.

But honestly - when games get old; can be bought cheap often places (i.e. 75% off or better); the game has no more official DLC; no more official patches; and especially when likely pirates aren't trying to steal this stuff anymore...

...do legit users need to deal w/ that 3rd party online-activation and especially limited-install # and maybe revoking crap?

To answer my own question - I'd say, "NO!"

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#429 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2586 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Still surprised the average for this is so low... I guess because it's EA/Origin people are still trying to stick it to'em.  I paid over twice the average and even that felt a little low for a bundle like this one.

Curious what possible bonuses could be though... My guess is another Sim 3 expansion and since DS3 and is newer I want to say something else a little newer but not sure what they'd include since the trend is obviously EA games.  Better guess than something new might be Alice Madness Returns or KoA: Reckoning...maybe even a Dragon Age game or two.

Of course if EA REALLY wants to get on people's good graces they'd put the new Sim City in as a bonus, lol but that won't happen.  I held steady and never bought it due to the DRM/online requirements and looking now at the ridiculous (and ridiculously expensive) DLC they have for it I'm even more reluctant to ever buy it unless it's super cheap. 

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#430 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Is anyone else concerned about the DRM on some of these games?

No.  Know why?  Because I paid a buck ten.  If all my games get SecuRom'd to death tomorrow, I'm out a buck ten.

I bought before I knew it was 100% charity; I'll probably bump it when the additional games get released.

Of course if EA REALLY wants to get on people's good graces they'd put the new Sim City in as a bonus

There's people now still saying "Oh, EA is going to get a tax break so who cares if they're doing charity? EA SUCKS!!!". There's no value in giving away any major properties to get into anyone "good graces" if they're not already there.

#431 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Oh, man - the MOH (Reboot) Steam-version needs that Securom DRM to be at least gone inert or (better yet) removed entirely.

No need for that crap on a Steam-version.

EDIT:

But honestly - when games get old; can be bought cheap often places (i.e. 75% off or better); the game has no more official DLC; no more official patches; and especially when likely pirates aren't trying to steal this stuff anymore...

...do legit users need to deal w/ that 3rd party online-activation and especially limited-install # and maybe revoking crap?

To answer my own question - I'd say, "NO!"

yes it need to be rid of securom crap any crap with activiaotn limitiaiton ofr 3 4 5 should be rejected from every game of every company no matter what

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

#432 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't even care about SecuROM. All instances of it I've come across are easy enough to let you deactivate copies and whatnot. I've never had a problem with any of this stuff...

It actually screws up Sims Medieval on the last patched version (which is automatically installed with the expansion) to the point where it won't even run on Windows 8 unless you crack the Securom. And EA refuses to fix it. So it can cause problems in some cases.That isn't the first time I've had to resort to cracks for EA games that I paid for either.

It's just generally an archaic form of DRM that needs to be patched out at this point. As future OSes come along I can only see it causing more problems. Plus there really is no need for it. Newer games can be tied to Origin. The older games they apparently are willing to just about give away at this point so why bother with that old disc based DRM?

If you're selling games at 6 for a dollar you really need to protect that with DRM? No, it's just laziness to keep it in there at that point. Take it off.

yes it need to be rid of securom crap any crap with activiaotn limitiaiton ofr 3 4 5 should be rejected from every game of every company no matter what

Wow I actually both understood tebow and agree with him.

steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#433 spuffin  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

Still surprised the average for this is so low... I guess because it's EA/Origin people are still trying to stick it to'em.  I paid over twice the average and even that felt a little low for a bundle like this one.

The average will stay low given all of the individuals paying just a single dollar (including many on this very forum) but I completely agree with you, it is quite a selection of games that EA has offered. Regardless of their motives, the money still goes to a good cause and you get some stellar games for cheap - just as you said, even $10 is a steal for all of these games.

#434 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

It actually screws up Sims Medieval on the last patched version (which is automatically installed with the expansion) to the point where it won't even run on Windows 8 unless you crack the Securom. And EA refuses to fix it. So it can cause problems in some cases.That isn't the first time I've had to resort to cracks for EA games that I paid for either.

It's just generally an archaic form of DRM that needs to be patched out at this point. As future OSes come along I can only see it causing more problems. Plus there really is no need for it. Newer games can be tied to Origin. The older games they apparently are willing to just about give away at this point so why bother with that old disc based DRM?

If you're selling games at 6 for a dollar you really need to protect that with DRM? No, it's just laziness to keep it in there at that point. Take it off.

Exactly!

Some of these DRM's often are OS-specific (i.e. just see what StarForce caused for problems b/c its drivers were OS-specific - especially w/ Vista and newer game). So, companies need to later remove this unnecessary garbage, when the game's really old and can be had dirt-cheap.

Otherwise - yeah, gamers will take matters in their own hands.

I can see game-client programs w/ its built-in account-based DRM like games flat-out only requiring a service like Steam or Origin not being a problem, at least for now - b/c those are always updated and of course as long as EA and Valve stay in business.

Wow I actually both understood tebow and agree with him.

Wow - a before X-Mas miracle. :D

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#435 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6151 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

Can anyone recall an instance where a leak of bonus games has proven to be incorrect?

#436 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

Can anyone recall an instance where a leak of bonus games has proven to be incorrect?

Wait, is there a leak for this bundle's supposed bonuses?

Anyway I think it's a bit different in this case since the bonus could possibly be Origin only and usually the Steam registry entries are the sources for those leaks.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#437 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6151 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Wait, is there a leak for this bundle's supposed bonuses?

Anyway I think it's a bit different in this case since the bonus could possibly be Origin only and usually the Steam registry entries are the sources for those leaks.

Yeah, there was a leak a few days ago. It came from the steam registry, so these might not be the only games that may appear. As you alluded to, there is the possibility of an Origin only game or two showing up as well.

Anyway, it was first posted about on SPUF. Spoder posted it here, but I'm not sure if you still have him on ignore. If you do, you should be able to see it here.

The bonuses during the 2nd week will be:

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising

Bulletstorm

Dead Space 2

Medal of Honor Airborne

Spoiler

EDIT: Don't kill me if the info ends up being wrong, I got it from SPUF ;)

#438 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Ah, I see. I missed that post.

Well to my recollection I don't remember any bonus leaks via the registry being wrong, though some of the bundle guesses have been off like the recent guess that X was going to be a Humble Weekly this week, although it could still end up happening next week or later.

Anyhow, I can't really think of any other reason why EA would be messing with the Steam registry on those old games now if not for the bundle. I wouldn't be surprised though if at least one or two Origin only titles get added too.

I wonder if there is even such a thing as a public Origin registry. Probably not. That would probably be an 'I could tell you but I'd have to kill you' sort of thing. ;)

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#439 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, there was a leak a few days ago. It came from the steam registry, so these might not be the only games that may appear. As you alluded to, there is the possibility of an Origin only game or two showing up as well.

Anyway, it was first posted about on SPUF. Spoder posted it here, but I'm not sure if you still have him on ignore. If you do, you should be able to see it here.

as long it not 2nd tier stuff that i dont want then i dont mind the crapgin if crysis 3 for crapgin side we need origin db motoki beat me to it  lol so we know what they doing lol. i think activation limits are worst the worst drm they not being fair to paying customers give us either account based like steam uplay origin kalypso stardock where u can install uninstall many times  and dont have to worry bout limits. we not child we adults. limits are for kids 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

#440 J7.   $$$$ It CAGiversary!   7704 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

No.  Know why?  Because I paid a buck ten.  If all my games get SecuRom'd to death tomorrow, I'm out a buck ten.

I bought before I knew it was 100% charity; I'll probably bump it when the additional games get released.

There's people now still saying "Oh, EA is going to get a tax break so who cares if they're doing charity? EA SUCKS!!!". There's no value in giving away any major properties to get into anyone "good graces" if they're not already there.

My question about avoiding SecuROM was more about it possibly destroying PC hardware and having unremovable crap running every time your PC starts up, rather than losing access to the games.

#441 DQT   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1150 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Is anyone else having problems downloading Sims 3 on Origin? The download never seems to  Fuckng end. And if I pause it and try again later it subtracts 25-30% of my download progress when I try to return and resume. No wonder people are dumping their Origin codes like used oil.    

#442 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

Is anyone else having problems downloading Sims 3 on Origin? The download never seems to  Fuckng end. And if I pause it and try again later it subtracts 25-30% of my download progress when I try to return and resume. No wonder people are dumping their Origin codes like used oil.    

Doesn't ring a bell. Had no issues here.

And if you "try again later", it's not subtracting any of your progress, it's taking a moment to verify what parts have already been installed, so that progress bar isn't telling you your full download position. Just give it a bit and it'll show where you're at soon enough.

I always get pretty good download speeds through Origin and no issues.

• DQT likes this

bZ2g3eF.png

#443 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

aww shit was about to bite on this then noticed that they were on Origin.. F that, i wouldn't get them if they were free if i had to instal lthat crap

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#444 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

aww shit was about to bite on this then noticed that they were on Origin.. F that, i wouldn't get them if they were free if i had to instal lthat crap

Most of the non-BTA games come with Steam keys. If you're gonna join the "Origin sucks" bandwagon you should at least do more than 5 seconds of research.

bZ2g3eF.png

#445 petrieslastword   MAGFest Charity Department CAGiversary!   1755 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

petrieslastword

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Anybody end up with a Sims 3 key they won't be using?  Shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can't arrange a trade.  I have a bunch of keys around for various Steam titles. some from bundles, some not!

Posted Image

#446 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I don't know, I used origin for pretty much the first time with this bundle, and so far I'm really impressed. Nice UI, WAY faster than Steam, and I can enter my codes online and not have to start/stop the download. I honestly can't see what people dislike about it :???:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#447 unluckynumber11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   273 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

unluckynumber11

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

My friends list on Origin seems pretty empty as well, if anyone wants they can add me on it, Origin ID: unluckynumber11

#448 cranky2   Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Anybody end up with a Sims 3 key they won't be using?  Shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can't arrange a trade.  I have a bunch of keys around for various Steam titles. some from bundles, some not!

Hey. I have no desire to play Sims, let's talk.

I like cheese.

#449 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4052 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I'm using Origin from about a year or maybe more (back from the first time Amazon sold dead space pack über-cheap) and never had a problem. Yes, I don't like EA so much, but I like most of its games and the client runs great.

#450 Quiet Jackal   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Quiet Jackal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I used origin back in Battlefield 3 alpha, which I think was about 2 years ago, and the hate was justified back then because it was terrible and buggy, but over time from BF3 release (Which it was still a mess) to now it's gotten much better so the only hate I can understand people having with it aside from "Ewww it's EA" is that it's not steam where the rest of their games are.

Shiro-Ryuujin.png