Amazon: Final Fantasy XIV $10 Credit for PS3 and PC Digital Download

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
Amazon now has the Standard and Collector Edition PC Digital Download of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with $10 Amazon credit. The Playstation 3 version has had the $10 credit for a while now.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRZ79E PS3 Version.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Reborn-Download/dp/B00CMSCV4Q    PC Digital.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Collectors-Download/dp/B00CX9L30W PC CE Digital.

The game Open Beta Phase 4 begins August 16, 2013 @ 5:00AM EST for closed beta players. Everyone else will be able to play starting August 17, 2013. Beta ends August 19, 2013.

Pre-order codes will be registered starting August 20, 2013. Early access from pre-order begins August 24, 2013.

Can't wait to start playing! 9 hours to go.

I've never understood why they put MMO's in the numbered series.
I do agree that the MMO's should of not been in the # series just because is a different genre. Story and gameplay wise FFXI was completely worthy and FFXIV is so far proving itself. But yeah, it should of been Final Fantasy Online. Dragon Quest X is online so there is that also. Warcraft did it right by calling it an entirely different name.

Why open beta is not really open to public? I couldn't apply for a beta code for PC anymore. 

I redeemed my PS3 one, but the PS3 version has problem login into SE account. Does anyone has a spare PC beta key that you can send to me? Thanks a million!

Did your account get suspended or something? I'm hearing of all sorts of errors but I just managed to force my way in after about 30 minutes of errors, currently downloading an 1.8gb patch.

Did your account get suspended or something? I'm hearing of all sorts of errors but I just managed to force my way in after about 30 minutes of errors, currently downloading an 1.8gb patch.
No, it's a new account. But since I forgot my password so I used the reset password option. I could login on my PC (to my SE account) but PS3 always told me password is incorrect. I guess it's my own problem then. I will try again. Thanks for the info.

No, it's a new account. But since I forgot my password so I used the reset password option. I could login on my PC (to my SE account) but PS3 always told me password is incorrect. I guess it's my own problem then. I will try again. Thanks for the info.
If you got the PS3 beta invitation and played it during close beta then you have access to the PC client as well. http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe is the client download. At lease that's how it worked on Phase 3.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/09/the-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-open-beta-client-is-now-available-for-download/

As for the not being able to get on PS3. It has been confirmed that NA SEN account is having problems syncing with FFXIV. There should be a fix for it by tomorrow. (Edit: Problem has been fixed) I have the PS3 version beta but starting on PC. 2 more hours until Phase 4 begins for Close beta players. Open beta begins August 17, so in 26hr.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you got the PS3 beta invitation and played it during close beta then you have access to the PC client as well. http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxivsetup.exe is the client download. At lease that's how it worked on Phase 3.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/09/the-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-open-beta-client-is-now-available-for-download/

As for the not being able to get on PS3. It has been confirmed that NA SEN account is having problems syncing with FFXIV. There should be a fix for it by tomorrow. (Edit: Problem has been fixed) I have the PS3 version beta but starting on PC. 2 more hours until Phase 4 begins for Close beta players. Open beta begins August 17, so in 26hr.
Thanks. I downloaded the PC client, as well as tried the PS3 one again, both got the same error: password incorrect. So is it *not* the account I used to login to square-enix.com?

The square-enix.com login page is also pretty weird. It has a separate na.square-enix.com login button. When I clicked it, it said na.square-enix.com is hosted in Tantem by europe.square-enix.com. You can use your SEA account to link them. So I did and it redirected me to eu.square-enix.com. And then no matter how I login, I always ended up in eu.square-enix.com. Is it normal? I'm 100% in the US.

I could have just create a new account but I really wish to use my main account. Sigh.

What's the number of characters we can create in beta? If I delete an existing one, will I be able to create another? Currently I have 2 and couldn't add another. 

What's the number of characters we can create in beta? If I delete an existing one, will I be able to create another? Currently I have 2 and couldn't add another.
The server select says 1/8 so right now its using the up to 8 per server 40 total format. You probably could not make another because the servers are super full and most are locked out of creating characters. 2 new servers was added today Fairy and Exodus.

Why do you need more than 1?
I haven't decided which class to play so I want to try all my candidates. Still torn between black mage and summoner.

Does anyone know if the summoner's pet's attack potency depends on the summoner's stats? It seems MND is the most important stats for arcanist. Then keeper would be the best choice. But some website said Duskwight is the best choice for summoner, who has the highest INT, and very low PIE.

The server select says 1/8 so right now its using the up to 8 per server 40 total format. You probably could not make another because the servers are super full and most are locked out of creating characters. 2 new servers was added today Fairy and Exodus.
I will try again for the sake of curiosity, but yesterday I needed to delete one of the two to create a new one.

I haven't decided which class to play so I want to try all my candidates. Still torn between black mage and summoner.

Does anyone know if the summoner's pet's attack potency depends on the summoner's stats? It seems MND is the most important stats for arcanist. Then keeper would be the best choice. But some website said Duskwight is the best choice for summoner, who has the highest INT, and very low PIE.
You do know you just have to reach level 10 and complete the job quests and you would be able to switch whenever, right?

Edit: I mean if you keep playing this way, you will be paying more a month. Unless your a legacy player.

You do know you just have to reach level 10 and complete the job quests and you would be able to switch whenever, right?

Edit: I mean if you keep playing this way, you will be paying more a month. Unless your a legacy player.
No I didn't know... I thought you need to wait to 25 to switch, and beta is capped at 20. Anyway, thanks for letting me know!

Also, in the beginning all my stats are automatically assigned. Is it true for all the levels that players can't choose which stats to invest in? I assume the growth has no different between different races?

I just tried the PC play. PS3 control feels much better, because the PC one feels like a port from PS3, from the control point of view. However the graphic is a ton better on PC, due to higher resolution. I don't care about the resolution though, so I will most likely stick with my PS3 to play this. 

I've ordered both PS3 and PC download version so I will have 2 early access keys. Do you know if the key I got from greenman is early access only, so that I can sell that one while still be able to have the retail key later to start playing PC on 27th? The greenman's email didn't mention it's early access, just say it's the key to access your game. It made me think it might be the final key. 

If you intend to play FFXIV, please check out my guild here

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66911-The-Blue-Yellow-Club-The-Guild-of-Nakama-Hyperion

bread's done
Back