Adventure Time: EtDBIDK! (3DS) gets a Collector's Edition

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
447B449.png

Preorder on Amazon ($39.95)
Who wants to play video games?! D3Publisher (D3P) and Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) today announced that a Collector’s Edition for the highly-anticipated video game, Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, will be released this fall alongside the standard edition. The Collector’s Edition of the video game based on the popular Cartoon Network series, Adventure Time, will be available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system for $39.95.

The Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Collector’s Edition will include the following items:

• Limited-edition Beemo package design in a glossy, premium SteelBook™ case
  • Bonus DVD with actor interviews, storyboard art from series creator Pendleton Ward, and more
  • Exclusive ‘Finn and Jake’s Dungeon Guide’, a full color, enhanced manual filled with fun art and game tips
  • The full Nintendo 3DS version of Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! video game
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. For more information on the video game, please visit www.d3publisher.us.
You thought the first game's CE was awesome? This one has an exclusive bonus DVD!

Lh7ivW2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by the current prices for the first game's CE, yeah, I'm gonna pick this one up day one.

I'm surprised no one has gargused this thread yet.

My biggest game buying regret of the past year was canceling the first adventure time ce. What was I thinking!

I'm surprised no one has gargused this thread yet.
My biggest game buying regret of the past year was canceling the first adventure time ce. What was I thinking!
Indeed, I'm in the same boat. What was I thinking!? This is a day one of course. Ill pre order it. Im also getting this on ps3, hopefully there will be some legitimate differences between the handheld and console versions of the game.

Day one for me, although I'll probably trade the 3DS version in at some point to get the PS3 version for local coop. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/24/adventure-times-dungeon-crawler-is-kind-of-like-diablo-it-even-has-a-demon-cat/

A D3 Publisher representative explained Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don’t Know for Nintendo 3DS will not have multiplayer, not even local co-op. Also, the Wii U version has a unique feature that D3 wouldn’t share yet. (Guessing it's Beemo) 

A D3 Publisher representative explained Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don’t Know for Nintendo 3DS will not have multiplayer, not even local co-op. Also, the Wii U version has a unique feature that D3 wouldn’t share yet.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/24/adventure-times-dungeon-crawler-is-kind-of-like-diablo-it-even-has-a-demon-cat/#2FfPqrXdk1UhY1jz.99

So.. I'll be buying this on 3DS and Wii U because it's Adventure Time? Got it. I still have the extra stuff from the first games CE, but not the game itself... heh...

Well. Then it looks like the best bet is to buy the 3DS collector's version, sell the game itself immediately, and then wait for a WiiU price drop.

I'm in.
That's my plan! Like the rest of you guys, I too canceled on a CE of the first game after learning it was the same as its DS counterpart (hey, I am a cheap gamer, after all)...

Thanks OP! Good find, I figured they would do another one, since last years version did so well and sold out completely. I'm sure they'll over produce this one, but that's cool.

And yes, the 3DS game was identical to the DS version, but it looked 100% better resolution wise, and was worth purchasing over the DS version for sure.

Does anyone have any news on if the Regular Show game is going to get a collector's edition? I'm more interested in that game than this one.

Going by the current prices for the first game's CE, yeah, I'm gonna pick this one up day one.
Lightning never strikes twice, but you're right - better safe than sorry.

I pre-ordered one, but I'm a little conflicted. I'd much rather have a console version for local co-op. And when this game was first announced, PC was also one of the listed platforms, yet that seems to have vanished from subsequent articles and press releases which makes me kinda sad.

Only the 3DS version is getting a CE, is that correct? I was planning to get the PS3 version.

I have the first CE, but the 3DS version won't even have multiplayer/local co-op. Only the console versions will.

In for one. I am still sad I didn't know the first CE existed until it was gone( steelbook collector). Still willing to trade or buy if you have a complete one or brand new one, PM me.

Sweet response bro, real sense of community.
A community is great for getting answers to questions that are difficult to figure out. No offense, but what you asked was something you could have done yourself in 10 seconds.

How much is the original's CE going for?
Pushing almost $200.
I got the CE as a xmas gift looked up the prices and decided not to open it. a couple months later best buy sold the regular 3ds version for $10, pondering if I should sell it or if in a couple years it'll become a rare game like earthbound and cost almost $1000 unopened

Pushing almost $200.
I got the CE as a xmas gift looked up the prices and decided not to open it. a couple months later best buy sold the regular 3ds version for $10, pondering if I should sell it or if in a couple years it'll become a rare game like earthbound and cost almost $1000 unopened
A quick search of recently sold new copies on eBay had them going for anywhere from $60 to $110 in the past month and a half. I was about to have a heart attack if they were actually worth a couple hundred.

Pushing almost $200.
The game itself doesn't have any staying power. The CE might, but only for the design and the stylus.

bread's done
Back