PS3 Hard drive Upgrade

roedaniel19

CAGiversary!
I know this is a really common question, but I'm just looking for advice. Looking to upgrade to at least a 750gb hard drive for my ps3. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find one on the cheap? Thanks in advance.

Sorry to ask this since I can't answer your question but since people will be answering your question I thought i'd ask mine.

Can the PS3 install games and download games and play them off a USB flash drive? I was thinking about getting one of those 12GB PS3s and slapping a 32GB drive on it for cheap.

Sorry to ask this since I can't answer your question but since people will be answering your question I thought i'd ask mine.

Can the PS3 install games and download games and play them off a USB flash drive? I was thinking about getting one of those 12GB PS3s and slapping a 32GB drive on it for cheap.
No, it won't work that way. If it did I would use my 160 GB external drive I've got laying around. Would be really nice if you could do that though.

Watch NewEgg's deal emails, as they usually have some 750GB+ 2.5" HDD on-sale every week.

I'd suggest a Western Digital Scorpio Blue, though that's just one option out there that you could use.

I would go to NewEgg and sign up for their deal emails and keep an eye out for one.

One option available now, from one of their previously sent emails:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145584&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL081513&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL081513-_-EMC-081513-Index-_-LaptopHardDrives-_-22145584-L011C

1TB 5400RPM Hitatchi Travelstar 2.5" HDD, $64.99 after a coupon code of EMCXMWR44, with free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, that's a good price considering what I had found elsewhere. Tried Newegg, but I'm not signed up for their deal emails. Will dow now. Don't have the money right now or I'd snatch that 1TB up.

Watch NewEgg's deal emails, as they usually have some 750GB+ 2.5" HDD on-sale every week.

I'd suggest a Western Digital Scorpio Blue, though that's just one option out there that you could use.

I would go to NewEgg and sign up for their deal emails and keep an eye out for one.

One option available now, from one of their previously sent emails:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145584&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL081513&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL081513-_-EMC-081513-Index-_-LaptopHardDrives-_-22145584-L011C

1TB 5400RPM Hitatchi Travelstar 2.5" HDD, $64.99 after a coupon code of EMCXMWR44, with free shipping.

That's just one example and they run a deal on a 750GB or 1TB 2.5" HDD pretty much at least 1x a month without much fail.

Another option might be Frys.com, though they're a little less frequent with that type of deal.  TigerDirect.com is another option as is Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com), though NewEgg customer service is usually better than the other sites in question.

Plenty of options if you have a disposable email address to give them for deal emails.

bread's done
Back