* * * * * 8 votes

GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

#691 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10997 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

1236587_4615054154162_559174231_n_zpsffd

Well, this was what I got from the 3 for 10 sale (cept for Project Sylpheed). All came Complete and were in Great Condition. Now I finally get to play F.E.A.R. That's it for me. Couldn't find Wanted and Riddick, oh well.

#692 Tvols1480   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well I just got back from making my rounds at 4 local GameStops...

Untitled_zpsfd1b9334.png

A couple of these weren't in the 3 for 10 promotion, but I had to grab them anyways.  I've already got my 2 copies of Heavenly Sword and Wanted boxed up for Amazon as well.  Spent a lot more than I was planning, but this was a huge help in getting me closer to every NA 360 game produced.    

#693 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11527 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

Every 360 game? Dude you are hardcore.

#694 Tvols1480   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Every 360 game? Dude you are hardcore.

It is definitely a work in progress.  I started about 6 months ago and am up to ~145 at the moment.  I slow down when my backlog gets too big (like right now), but it's been fun so far.  

#695 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

It is definitely a work in progress.  I started about 6 months ago and am up to ~145 at the moment.  I slow down when my backlog gets too big (like right now), but it's been fun so far.  

You're not actually playing all these games too are you?

#696 Tvols1480   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

You're not actually playing all these games too are you?

If it's not a sports game, I give it at least 10 minutes or so to see if it catches my interest.  Most of the time, I'm not playing them all the way through.  

#697 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

If it's not a sports game, I give it at least 10 minutes or so to see if it catches my interest.  Most of the time, I'm not playing them all the way through.  

Okay, that's fair enough then.  It sounded like you were planning to play all these all the way through.  If that was the case I was going to hope that Cthulhu would devour you so you didn't have to suffer like that.

#698 MykelxKnight   King CAGiversary!   1932 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

MykelxKnight

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

If it's not a sports game, I give it at least 10 minutes or so to see if it catches my interest. Most of the time, I'm not playing them all the way through.

Lol you sound like me... I have 200+ Xbox 360 games and started collecting a couple months ago. I was debating on getting more games from this sell but, honestly I don't think its worth it as to most of these games will drop bellow $1 when Xbox one is released. Although I'm debating on grabbing alpha protocol and both fears i wanna collect all three fears eventually ( I only played 3 and really enjoyed it )

#699 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2264 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thanks again for the post.  I'm finally done.  3 local Gamestops, 30 Games, ~$100.  Every game is complete and in very good condition.  The only ones I wanted and couldn't find were Riddick and Super Street Fighter IV (found it but not complete, so I didn't buy).

This should hold me over for a really long time.  I can't hardly justify buying the PS4 considering how cheap PS3 games are getting now.  Graphics/Gameplay are still  really good..

#700 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4769 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ignore what you've heard about Brink.  Go in with an open mind and see if you enjoy it.  I had fun with it for 3-4 hours before getting bored with it. For $3, I think that's fair.  Also, Singularity should not disappoint.  I finished it about 2 months ago and really enjoyed the story and the game play.  Have fun!

Haven't heard anything about Brink so I'll try it either later tonight or early tomorrow.

I was looking at the full list and noticed Duke Nukem Forever was on there. Did they release an update to decrease the loading times? From what I played, the game otherwise wasn't that bad.

Is it crazy that I want to get Red Steel 1 and 2 even though I don't have a Wii or Wii U (but plan on getting a Wii U eventually)? Any recommendations for Wii Music?

#701 Glass_Ghost_0   [Title Not Selected] CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Glass_Ghost_0

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

The same girl that wouldn't take my written down PUR coupon almost didn't let me swap out my cracked disc.

She was like, "We can't do anything if YOU break the game.

I just laughed and said, "No, it was sold to me like this." (in case anyone didn't see, it really was given to me, I'm too paranoid with my games to treat them like that)

She looked at me and I thought I was going to have to ask for a manger or something but surprisingly she was like, "OMG, I'm sorry it's against policy to accept a game like this, no one should have ever given it to you."

She swapped it out for a better version and case. I was glad.

Oh and I got Payday 2, rushed over because they said they had 1 copy left over the phone.

#702 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2135 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Quantom of Solace, Riddick and Condemned. Good choices or no?

#703 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Quantom of Solace, Riddick and Condemned. Good choices or no?

Quantum of Solace is supposed to be pretty poor but the other two are gems.

#704 sweatysides   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

sweatysides

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Quantum of Solace on the hardest difficulty was one of the most challenging games i've ever played through. I applauded when i finished it then promptly returned it to trade in. (otherwise i was gonna snap the Fuck out of it.) It really wasn't that bad a game either (for its price), it felt like COD WAW, but with bond. Yes, its a Treyarch game.

#705 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5567 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

The same girl that wouldn't take my written down PUR coupon almost didn't let me swap out my cracked disc.

She was like, "We can't do anything if YOU break the game.

I just laughed and said, "No, it was sold to me like this." (in case anyone didn't see, it really was given to me, I'm too paranoid with my games to treat them like that)

She looked at me and I thought I was going to have to ask for a manger or something but surprisingly she was like, "OMG, I'm sorry it's against policy to accept a game like this, no one should have ever given it to you."

She swapped it out for a better version and case. I was glad.

Oh and I got Payday 2, rushed over because they said they had 1 copy left over the phone.

Yeah, I ended up with a Medal of Honor 2 UMD earlier today that looked like it had been stepped on. There was a piece missing from where it was cracked. The associate let me swap it out for Deer Drive for the Wii. Because you can never have enough Zapper games where you shoot digital wildlife.

All jokes aside, I bought 9 games today on top of the 6 I bought last week. And I got my Infinite Undiscovery, so I'm happy. Like the other guy said, I don't really need PS4/Xbox One at the moment. I own plenty to get me through the fall and winter.

#706 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12216 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

solace was a solid game. i think however that bloodstone is the best bond game made since the original goldeneye

#707 Wildcat1080   JAHG CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Wildcat1080

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

Been trying to resist this deal, but may have to swing by a Gamestop or two tomorrow and see what they have. Do they have these games in a separate section, or do I need to bring a list to remind me which games are "3 for $10?"

#708 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

Been trying to resist this deal, but may have to swing by a Gamestop or two tomorrow and see what they have. Do they have these games in a separate section, or do I need to bring a list to remind me which games are "3 for $10?"

Some are in a special area and they have a listing you can use. 

#709 sasukekun   Cat-Like Typing Detected CAGiversary!   6706 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

There should be a 3/$10 bin on the sales floor somewhere and sales flyers on the main counter. It's easier to check the list in the OP to see what games are on it and have a list ready before you go in and just ask the associates to find them. People always throw other games not on the list in the bin all the time.

#710 Wildcat1080   JAHG CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Wildcat1080

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

There should be a 3/$10 bin on the sales floor somewhere and sales flyers on the main counter. It's easier to check the list in the OP to see what games are on it and have a list ready before you go in and just ask the associates to find them. People always throw other games not on the list in the bin all the time.

Some are in a special area and they have a listing you can use. 

Thanks. I'll take a gander at the list one more time and jot them down.

#711 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

Best to see what you want ahead of time though since a lot of the best stuff is long gone by now but your store might still have something or not have it displayed on the floor.  I've had a couple where I couldn't find it, asked and they had four or five complete copies in the drawer.

#712 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Know what you mean.  I ended up going today and picking up 4 titles.  Didn't find Red Faction: Guerilla but picked up Armageddon while I was there.  Not one of the 3/$10 sale but it was only $4.50 and from what I've read in the reviews, sounds more like the one up my alley between the two (not a fan of open world games -- actually prefer linear ones).

#713 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

Know what you mean.  I ended up going today and picking up 4 titles.  Didn't find Red Faction: Guerilla but picked up Armageddon while I was there.  Not one of the 3/$10 sale but it was only $4.50 and from what I've read in the reviews, sounds more like the one up my alley between the two (not a fan of open world games -- actually prefer linear ones).

I had fun with it. Especially in the hoard mode. 

#714 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

I had fun with it. Especially in the hoard mode. 

Dont forget that Unicorn.  :rofl:

#715 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Best to see what you want ahead of time though since a lot of the best stuff is long gone by now but your store might still have something or not have it displayed on the floor.  I've had a couple where I couldn't find it, asked and they had four or five complete copies in the drawer.

yeah, same here just went today to get some of the games on the list. They kept most of the games on the list in the drawer, instead of the display bin.

#716 Wildcat1080   JAHG CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Wildcat1080

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Went through the list again and there are like a  good 8+ games I want. Have to widdle it down and/or just see what my local stores have tomorrow. 

#717 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

Dont forget that Unicorn.  :rofl:

How could anyone forget Mr. Toots? 

#718 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4321 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

How could anyone forget Mr. Toots? 

I actually have the game again for PS3. Going to replay it sometime. I enjoyed the game and for $4 new I couldnt resist.

#719 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

I actually have the game again for PS3. Going to replay it sometime. I enjoyed the game and for $4 new I couldnt resist.

It was a fun game. Shame it constantly gets trashed like Bulletstorm. Despite what people say, I still had a blast playing Bulletstorm. I mean, drilldo. xD

#720 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:16 AM

Are GameStops meant to have the games in one place? I only see the Xbox games. I look for the others among value games.