Toys R' Us Buy 1 Get One 40%

RDE80

CAG Veteran
I saw in their weekly ad Toys R' Us has a buy one get one 40%.  All 3DS, PS3, and Xbox 360 software. Offer excluded on Skylander and Disney Infinity starter packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a glitch that worked for me once, bought two of the exact same game and the 40% worked on both. Someone want to try it?

There is a glitch that worked for me once, bought two of the exact same game and the 40% worked on both. Someone want to try it?
Just tried it with two copies of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and the 40% off only applied to one of them, so it's a no-go. :cry:

Just tried it with two copies of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team and the 40% off only applied to one of them, so it's a no-go. :cry:
Oh wells, thanks.
Edit: did you try online or in store? It was at the B&M for me.

I was looking to get a couple 3DS games but this deal looks to be just an average deal, judging from the full price of TRU's selection.

CAG, should I snag X and Y at 32 a piece or wait for possible other sales?
I have a good feeling there will be at least one other good deal down the road--I'm personally hoping that Josh has TRU do a "Buy 1, get the other for 50% off" deal like he did for Black and White at Kmart when those released.

I have a good feeling there will be at least one other good deal down the road--I'm personally hoping that Josh has TRU do a "Buy 1, get the other for 50% off" deal like he did for Black and White at Kmart when those released.
Thats what I'm hoping for, I recall getting black and white b1g1 50% off at TRU. With the current deal I'd have to wait 2 weeks for shipping on a pre-order.

That or someone will have them for $29.99 each. Thought about pairing Tales of Xillia with GTA V, but you're still paying $48 per game. Also, for some reason, Tales of Xillia seems to be excluded online. Buy 1 get one 40% off ain't that great when you're dealing with regular prices.

Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity Starter Packs, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS, Star Fox 64 3D for Nintendo 3DS and sale items. Must add to cart 2 eligible items for offer to apply. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.

It seems these are the only ones excluded. Should work on Pre-orders.

Might be time for Mario Dream Team and Luigi's Mansion. Dream Team and Pikmin 3 would have been nice if Wii U was included.

Welp, decided to order Titanfall for X360 and GTA5 for PS3, so $35.99 for GTA5 :)  Let's see if TRU ends up cancelling preorders or not.

Changed my mind and get GTAV with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD.  Quite a combination there.

Had actually bought the last copy of :3ds: Tekken 3D while I was at TRU last night, and went to another today that still had a few of :3ds: Resident Evil. Thanks OP

I recall getting Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red for $24 at Bestbuy when they released. Elsewhere they sold for $30. 

Im tempted to do this deal but these games I WANT on day one. I need X at midnight, I havent been this pumped for a single game since prolly Smash Bros.

Yeah at $32 a piece its not worth it imo, I will find it easily for $35 so $3 isnt worth it. I also feel we could buy 1 get 1 %50 off

I saw in their weekly ad Toys R' Us has a buy one get one 40%. All 3DS, PS3, and Xbox 360 software. Offer excluded on Skylander and Disney Infinity starter packs.
It's funny because at my store it was buy one get one 60% Off and it was on skylanders. Haha

damn doesn't include DS. I was gonna get a couple copies of princess peach. And my niece wanted monster high and fossil fighters, but they wouldn't ring up with the discount

Do you think its worth it to use this for the super mario games mabe? Those almost never go on sale. I think theyre usually around 30-35 bucks. If so which ones the better one. Super mario 3d land, or super mario bros 2? Im wondering which is closest to the original mario games. My niece is getting into side scrolling platformers

damn doesn't include DS. I was gonna get a couple copies of princess peach. And my niece wanted monster high and fossil fighters, but they wouldn't ring up with the discount

Do you think its worth it to use this for the super mario games mabe? Those almost never go on sale. I think theyre usually around 30-35 bucks. If so which ones the better one. Super mario 3d land, or super mario bros 2? Im wondering which is closest to the original mario games. My niece is getting into side scrolling platformers
Bros 2 is closer, but neither are exactly SUPER AWESOME.

Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity Starter Packs, Kid Icarus: Uprising for Nintendo 3DS, Star Fox 64 3D for Nintendo 3DS and sale items. Must add to cart 2 eligible items for offer to apply. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.

It seems these are the only ones excluded. Should work on Pre-orders.
It excludes the 2 specific games I was thinking about buying. Epic fail, lol.

Mario bros 2 is a complete sidescroller, I played many mario game and I must say, Mario 3D Land is one of the greatest Mario games of all time.

It appears some pre-orders are eligible and some are not.  The site even has the offer under some pre-orders.

On a related note, does Toys R US not sell either Dragon's Crown or Dragon's Dogma:DA?  I had considered getting those but neither appear on the site.

Anyone know if Best Buy will PM or would that be YMMV due to the % discount?

Anyone know if you can price match with this deal? It could be a gold mine if you can
I tried to PM and get B1G1 40% today. He said no after scanning and PM'ing the items.

Edit: I quoted Miami Flash15 without reading thinking it was another post I read previously, related to TRU. I tried that that PM - 40% at TRU, and they said no to doing both at the same time.

I priced matched this today at bestbuy without a problem.
Picked up splinter cel for 360, and saints row 4 for ps3.
So you got Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Saints Row IV for $95.98 + tax? What did you show them to approve it?

I was also at Best Buy, I should have at least tried, didn't think of it.

Not all games are eligible. Tried SMT: Soul Hackers and it doesn't work. Tried Mario & Luigi with Animal Crossing and figured out it's cheaper through Amazon when you add up shipping & the taxes (6.25%) by almost a dollar.

I did this deal for SR4 and GTA V. But for GTA now it shows "Item(s) on hold until release date: 08 / 22 / 13" Does anyone else have the same issue?

I did this deal for SR4 and GTA V. But for GTA now it shows "Item(s) on hold until release date: 08 / 22 / 13" Does anyone else have the same issue?
it's just a display issue, i'm assuming that's the date you purchased (8/22). it will be sent on the correct release date

bread's done
Back