Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Thanks TC! Also I really do not want any of my Incredibles figures. I have Dash (unopened), Mrs. Incredible and Mr. Incredible for trade if anyone is interested! 

The Strategy Guide rang up $14.99 at Target this morning, but they matched the Amazon price of 11.99 even though it was showing out of stock.

....and yes, the special TRU disc packs have Mike's car and one other random disc.

Do the tru exclusive power packs all have one random disk and one Mike's car or are there more than one tru exclusive disk? Just wondering if it is worth getting more than one tru exclusive pack

I bought two, and they both had Mike's car, and someone on another forum I spoke to bought two also and had the same.
I'm thinking there will be other exclusives coming in later waves, but its just Mike's car in wave 1

Fawk this game is going to be expensive... Can't complain about the game itself (2 9.99 Uncharted 3s and a B2G1 coupon at Target got that for free), but the packs, figures, playsets, power coins... Holy shit. No wonder I never did Skylanders. I'm starting to rethink my decision to play this game.

So the Cars and Lone Ranger playsets - do they open up a whole new area of the game??? Is that what the future playsets will do, too? Do we know what the NEXT group of playsets will be?

Thanks TC! Also I really do not want any of my Incredibles figures. I have Dash (unopened), Mrs. Incredible and Mr. Incredible for trade if anyone is interested!
The only thing about trading away all of your extra Incredibles figures is that you'll be unable to play local co op in story mode in that playset without ag least two figures.
I wish you could play as one of the Monsters or Pirates in Story in that area, but you can't.

Colma, CA target has the sidekicks 3 pack for 9.49. Don't know if it applies to all targets (1 left as of 9:15pst). Only thing left besides that we're single characters.

Fawk this game is going to be expensive... Can't complain about the game itself (2 9.99 Uncharted 3s and a B2G1 coupon at Target got that for free), but the packs, figures, playsets, power coins... Holy shit. No wonder I never did Skylanders. I'm starting to rethink my decision to play this game.

So the Cars and Lone Ranger playsets - do they open up a whole new area of the game??? Is that what the future playsets will do, too? Do we know what the NEXT group of playsets will be?
Exactly, thats what that clear cube does. Opens up a whole new area.
So for the price they have those sets on sale for today, with the two figures, its not a bad deal.

Edit- jrr, the TRU Lightning McQueen is the only exclusive figure I've heard of so far, and I'm not even sure it does anything different.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the only limited edition/ exclusive figure right now the lightning mcqueen from toysrus?
Yes. Others (in the future):

Crystal versions of characters to be confirmed

Sulley (Monsters Inc)

Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Mr Incredible (The Incredibles)

Lone Ranger (The Lone Ranger)

Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story in Space)

http://www.disneyinfinityfigures.com/disney-infinity-character-list

I bought two, and they both had Mike's car, and someone on another forum I spoke to bought two also and had the same.
I'm thinking there will be other exclusives coming in later waves, but its just Mike's car in wave 1
Right, there will be 10 exclusive TRU power discs, but all current packs only contain Milke's Car. So if you buy multiple TRU packs, they will all have Mike's Car and a non-exclusive from the regular 20.

The playsets are seperate from the toy box. The playsets open up more "story" areas to play through where you are limited to characters from that world but I'm guessing the areas are more elaborate than what you can do in the toy box and are all pre-generated.

Also, the only new PLAYSET they've announced is Toy Story, with Woody, Jessie and Buzz. They've announced Wreck-it Ralph, Phineas and Ferb, Jack Skeleton and Rapzunzel FIGURES, but not a playset for those that I know of. All of that is supposed to be coming in October.

I read someplace the next playsets are Toy Story (w/ Buzz & Jessie, Woody sold individually) and Frozen, with Wreck-It Ralph due by Christmas.

http://www.disneyinfinityfigures.com/disney-infinity-character-list

I went ahead and compiled the best ways to complete your set of characters. In order to get all the characters (minus crystal lightning mcqueen TRU exclusive, the exclusive power disc from TRU, or any power disc packs), you need:

1. 1 Starter set
  2. 2 3-packs (villians, sidekicks)
  3. 2 extra playsets (cars, lone ranger)
  4. 4 exclusive standalone characters (mater, francesco, dash, violet)
Price breakdown:

1. Starter set = $59.99 (20% off coupon at Toys R Us)
  2. playsets = 2 x 17.49 (Target sale)
  3. 2 3-packs = 2 x 14.99 (Walmart sale)
  4. 4 standalone characters = 2 x (13.99 + 6.99) - (TRU B1G1 50% off discount)
Total cost for all characters: 166.91 + tax

If you want the power discs or the special edition crystal lightning mcqueen:

• Crystal lightning mcqueen = 11.19 (TRU 20% off)
  • 2 x Power disc packs (including the TRU exclusive Mike's car) = $4.99 + 1.00 (TRU)  
I don't know why I did this. I think I was just curious as to what the total cost of ownership for Disney Infinity is. Hopefully it helps someone out.

Thanks OP, I appreciate this a lot.

I've got GameStop opening in an hour, so I'll hit up Toysrus for 6 power disk packs. Girlfriend is pricematching just about everything else at Best Buy, where we had preordered the Sidekicks, Villains, Cars and Lone Ranger packs. We'll only be missing 3 character after today, so I'm hopeful a B2G1 deal, or something similar comes along soon,

thanks for the information, is that a fan site or an official site?

Will the upcoming limited editions be a TRU exclusive again or will other retailers get them?
To me, it seems like a fan site compiling information released various places. I can't say it's 100% accurate, but it seems to have information I've read other places. The only thing I've read about exclusives mentions TRU. I haven't seen any information about other retailers offering exclusives, but I'd be surprised if they didn't in the future if the brand is successful. I think the crystal series is a TRU exclusive tho (like Legendary Sklyanders).

Price breakdown:

1. Starter set = $59.99 (20% off coupon at Toys R Us)
  2. playsets = 2 x 17.49 (Target sale)
  3. 2 3-packs = 2 x 14.99 (Walmart sale)
  4. 4 standalone characters = 2 x (13.99 + 6.99) - (TRU B1G1 50% off discount)
Total cost for all characters: 166.91 + tax
$167+ dollars and that's being cheap/smart and buying a lot of the stuff half off.. imagine if you bought everything for retail price.. that's insane

I purchased the lightning mcqueen from toysrus.com this morning and I just got an email it was backordered.. yet it still says it's available on their site :roll:

edit: they just updated it to backordered

I already bought the starter kit with the free extra figure and power disc pack from Amazon... The sidekicks and Lone ranger set for $12.99 each when Best Buy had the goof... Figure I'm already that much into it I bought the Villians pack and Cars set from Target. That leaves me with 3 characters to buy. If they game ends up sucking I wont open it, I'm sure I can bundle it on ebay and get more than what I paid or return it all.

Used the magic Target coupon on Infinity this morning, plus they gave me a $5 gift card for preordering.
Then a bunch of the single characters are supposed to be coming from Microsoft store. Back when they had that $10 off code, I preorederd a bunch of them which ended up being 2.99 each.
Hopefully they show up.....haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.

Used the magic Target coupon on Infinity this morning, plus they gave me a $5 gift card for preordering.
Then a bunch of the single characters are supposed to be coming from Microsoft store. Back when they had that $10 off code, I preorederd a bunch of them which ended up being 2.99 each.
Hopefully they show up.....haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.
What magic Target coupon?

Buy 2 Get one Free coupon that prints out randomly at checkout.
It gives you the game they scan last for free, no matter the price. So buy two cheap games, then scan an expensive game last and get it for free.
It's not even the last one... It's just the most expensive one. The cashier did a double take this morning when she scanned my coupon, but she let it go. A line had formed behind me, so that was probably a good thing.

Totally a regional thing, but Nebraska Furniture Mart has all the figures buy two, get one free.  They are also on sale (or normal price for NFM?) for $11.49 each, so pretty decent.  

Walmart.com also has the 3-packs on sale for $14.96.  Was able to ad match this at Best Buy even though it's an online-only sale.

Thanks OP, I appreciate this a lot.

I've got GameStop opening in an hour, so I'll hit up Toysrus for 6 power disk packs. Girlfriend is pricematching just about everything else at Best Buy, where we had preordered the Sidekicks, Villains, Cars and Lone Ranger packs. We'll only be missing 3 character after today, so I'm hopeful a B2G1 deal, or something similar comes along soon,
Most GS's opened at 9 AM local time today b/c of Skylanders, just like any major Nintendo Sunday launch.

What's the difference in this than buying CoD and paying $60 for dlc?
I agree they're both the same. I think all games that have large amounts of dlc are scams. Disney infinity like skylanders just gives you a new character for around $15, when all the characters should be included in the game not just 3.

I agree they're both the same. I think all games that have large amounts of dlc are scams. Disney infinity like skylanders just gives you a new character for around $15, when all the characters should be included in the game not just 3.
There is unique content for each character (I think they said about a half an hour's worth per character?)

There is unique content for each character (I think they said about a half an hour's worth per character?)
That's terrible imo, $15 for 30 minutes. A typical game is $60, so for $60 of disney infinity characters you get 2 hrs of gameplay as opposed to a full game.

From what I've heard, its the playareas that give you more gameplay, and that each area is about 8-10 hours.
....and you get 3 areas with the starter set.

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't pick up that extended cable for the docking station. The cable it comes with is WAY too short.

so is walmart and the free 15 gc the best deal on the starter kit if you don't have the target coupon? I saw someone said something about a coupon for tru that makes it $60, where can I get that?

It's not the best deal, but my nearest Costco had a box set that was the starter, the Cars 2 playset and a power disc blind pack for $99.99.  I saw them for PS3 and 360 but didn't dig to see if they had others.

Updated original post with the 20% off details from TRU.  Also added the Gamestop guide info and the suggestion from dmanko on how to purchase everything at the lowest current cost.

Sorry for dumb question do you have to buy the starter set with the guide and have the PUR card to get the guide so cheap? Or can I just go in and buy the guide with my PUR card.
Nah, its not dumb, should have elaborated more, but I was on my phone. Yeah, you have to buy it with the starter set to take the $10 off in the first place, then it takes another $2 off with your PUR card.

Nah, its not dumb, should have elaborated more, but I was on my phone. Yeah, you have to buy it with the starter set to take the $10 off in the first place, then it takes another $2 off with your PUR card.
Ok cool thanks for the quick response the guide is the last thing we need so I am looking for the best deal on it.

Buy 2 Get one Free coupon that prints out randomly at checkout.
It gives you the game they scan last for free, no matter the price. So buy two cheap games, then scan an expensive game last and get it for free.
how do you get that coupon? i buy lots at target and never seen it

bread's done
Back