* * * * * 15 votes

Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

disney infinity

#991 Dragunz   I Like Pho. CAGiversary!   5252 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Crap, there's 8 more of these TRU exclusives?  Damn, that sucks! ;)

I heard there were going to be 12.

#992 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3051 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I heard there were going to be 12.

there's only 10 TRU exclusive discs planned right now.. if it was 12 then the album would have 12 spaces not 10

There are the 10:

Tron Terrain Power Disc
Tron Sky Power Disc
Tron Power Disc
Zurg Power Disc
Merlin Power Disc
Mike's New Car Power Disc
Lilo's Surfboard with Stitch Power Disc
Peter Pan's Flight Vehicle Power Disc
Scrooge Mcduck Power Disc
Finn Mcmissile Power Disc 

#993 Dragunz   I Like Pho. CAGiversary!   5252 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

there's only 10 TRU exclusive discs planned right now.. if it was 12 then the album would have 12 spaces not 10

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

#994 AlanSaysYo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

AlanSaysYo

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I had no idea about this. Thanks for the heads up! Are there any other new promo's coming out for this week? I missed out on the Target B2G1.

Speaking of douches. This guy is a MAJOR one.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c366d6417

I left him a seller question asking how many dirty looks he got when he bought those. I'll probably get an eBay slap on the wrist. Was worth it.

#995 nitzerebb6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

nitzerebb6

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Expired the Target B2G1 free Figure deal and the TRU ones and added a couple of new ones to OP.

Toys 'R Us

Save $20 on all Disney Infinity purchases of $85 or more (decent deal if you're just getting started)

BJ's Wholesale

$2 to $5 off Disney Infinity Starter Pack, Play Sets, and Figures

Thanks Kujobat for the BJ one but didn't see any mention of the B2G1 sale on their site.  If someone has a link to a coupon for it or any other deals this week, please add it to the thread and I'll update the main post.

#996 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Thanks Kujobat for the BJ one but didn't see any mention of the B2G1 sale on their site.  If someone has a link to a coupon for it or any other deals this week, please add it to the thread and I'll update the main post.

It's in the physical flyers at the front. I'll try to get a scan later today.

#997 revsmitty   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Another retailer for the list in the OP:

BJ's Wholesale is selling the figures at $11.99 each.  Now through 9/18, they have an in-store coupon (the rack in the front of the store, not the mailer) for Buy 2 Get 1 Free.

Brings the per-figure price to $7.99, slightly better than Target with Redcard (assuming you already have club membership), and appears to be the only deal on figures next week.

Thanks for this.  Just went in and got 3 more.   :)

#998 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3121 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

After the first gold pack and the crystal McQueen not to mention all the exclusive Skylanders they've had over the last 2 years I really can't believe that any store doesn't restrict them.

So... I bought the power disc holder. I assumed that thing would hold ALL of the upcoming hexes and discs. But it seems like it has the current ones plus just a handful of other ones. It can't possibly be all of them though. That's kind of disappointing.

The book? If you bought the tru exclusive book, it will hold all 10 exclusive discs and all of series 1.

Edit: I keep forgetting the last page button goes to the last read post instead of the last page.

#999 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Here are some scans. I did not scan the barcode side of the coupons, this is more a visual reference.

The specific coupon in question:

BJsInfinityCoupon.jpg

Page 1 of the flyer
Spoiler

Page 2 of the flyer
Spoiler

#1000 nitzerebb6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   92 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

nitzerebb6

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Thanks Kojubat, updated the OP with the coupon.

#1001 TheBigHouse   What Up Doe? CAGiversary!   605 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

So after getting my in-store pickup order cancelled Saturday morning on my way to that TRU store, I quickly used my phone to place another order at the next closest store to me that had in-store pickup available. Unfortunately, that store is 25 miles away. As I posted on Saturday, I continued on to the store that had cancelled my order and found out that they had 2 packs left on the shelf, which I bought. Since I had a busy weekend, I hadn't really decided whether or not to make the trek out the further store and pick up those two additional packs, or just cancel that order. Obviously resale isn't really on the table as the cost of gas would basically negate that, but it would be nice to have some trade bait if I miss out on some of the later exclusives. I was thinking of maybe heading out there today.

So imagine my surprise when I got an email at 8:30 this morning saying "thank you for picking up your in-store order!".

Wait, what?

I called TRU customer service and spoke with a supervisor, they are gonna call the store when it opens and see what's going on. While I realize it could just somehow be a simple mistake, this seems like something shady occurred.

#1002 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

So after getting my in-store pickup order cancelled Saturday morning on my way to that TRU store, I quickly used my phone to place another order at the next closest store to me that had in-store pickup available. Unfortunately, that store is 25 miles away. As I posted on Saturday, I continued on to the store that had cancelled my order and found out that they had 2 packs left on the shelf, which I bought. Since I had a busy weekend, I hadn't really decided whether or not to make the trek out the further store and pick up those two additional packs, or just cancel that order. Obviously resale isn't really on the table as the cost of gas would basically negate that, but it would be nice to have some trade bait if I miss out on some of the later exclusives. I was thinking of maybe heading out there today.

So imagine my surprise when I got an email at 8:30 this morning saying "thank you for picking up your in-store order!".

Wait, what?

I called TRU customer service and spoke with a supervisor, they are gonna call the store when it opens and see what's going on. While I realize it could just somehow be a simple mistake, this seems like something shady occurred.

Oh shit, the same thing happened to me last week.

I ordered the Crystal Lightning McQueen accidentally from a store that's like 400 miles away. Obviously I wasn't going to make that drive, so I decided to just let it time out and then cancel itself.

Nope. The night before it would have been canceled I got a "Thanks for picking up your order!" e-mail.

I called the 1-800 number up and they said they would be getting back to me...that was Thursday and I still haven't heard anything. I'm thinking I'll probably be calling them again tomorrow night.

Anywho, all this talk about crowd-related nightmares over the tron disc release has me nervous about future releases of the TRU exclusive discs. My local store wasn't mobbed or anything Saturday morning when I went in to buy a few things, (in fact it was rather quiet and peaceful) but I'm nervous I won't be so lucky in the future. It'll be my luck that some local scalper pops up in the next two weeks and starts clearing out stores in my area or something.

I'm guessing I'll probably have to do in-store pickups on the discs from now on in an effort to avoid driving myself crazy with worry that they'll be sold out because I showed up 10 minutes after opening instead of 5.

#1003 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1875 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I had the same thing happen to me during the first week of sales. It turned out that the store had accidentally marked my order as picked up and was still sitting in the pick up area. I called the customer service number, and a supervisor was able to contact the store and figure it out. I had no issue picking it up afterwards. Theoretically if it was for a store you have no interest in visiting, you could probably ask them to return the item.

Whatever method they use for tracking online orders is subject to mistakes, apparently. Based on the second one I did this weekend and the interaction between the desk and the stockroom, I would guess that scanning the hold tag automatically marks it as picked up. So, if someone scans the wrong one, it gets processed automatically.

#1004 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I had the same thing happen to me during the first week of sales. It turned out that the store had accidentally marked my order as picked up and was still sitting in the pick up area. I called the customer service number, and a supervisor was able to contact the store and figure it out. I had no issue picking it up afterwards. Theoretically if it was for a store you have no interest in visiting, you could probably ask them to return the item.

Whatever method they use for tracking online orders is subject to mistakes, apparently. Based on the second one I did this weekend and the interaction between the desk and the stockroom, I would guess that scanning the hold tag automatically marks it as picked up. So, if someone scans the wrong one, it gets processed automatically.

Maybe I'll call them again tonight. I'd call the store themselves up, but I have this overwhelming sense that I'm just gonna confuse the Fuck out of someone. Especially if I ask them to "Return this item that says picked up but I'm not physically returning to the store." I think they'll probably just laugh at me at that point.

Or maybe I'll just flag the purchase on my card.

#1005 sasuke543  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Anyone have a TRON disc to trade or sell? Would really love one, one CAG changed his mind and kept all 11 of his >:(

#1006 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10212 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Anyone have a TRON disc to trade or sell? Would really love one, one CAG changed his mind and kept all 11 of his >:(

I wouldn't have taken him too serious, new member, few post and no feedback.

#1007 ZiggyGod   Aspiring Hero CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Just my luck. I went to the 2 BJs near me and they both had Mater and Francesco but not Dash. When I was at Target on Saturday they had Mater and Dash but no Francesco. Hopefully BJs restocks their supply at some point this week, so I can try them again.

#1008 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11367 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Just my luck. I went to the 2 BJs near me and they both had Mater and Francesco but not Dash. When I was at Target on Saturday they had Mater and Dash but no Francesco. Hopefully BJs restocks their supply at some point this week, so I can try them again.

You should buy 2 mater & dash at Target and exchange Franceco later whenever target have it instock.  Same deal as skylanders :)

#1009 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10212 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

I had that problem too, I couldn't find Francesco anywhere. I just ended up ordering online instead. The only things I need as of right now are the Lone Ranger and Cars sets, I regret not getting rain checks for them at Target. I tried to stay away from this game but my daughter really wanted it and I caved.

#1010 SoopaKilla   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

SoopaKilla

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I wouldn't have taken him too serious, new member, few post and no feedback.

I actually did have 11 I'm only keeping 4 the rest got traded away already

#1011 ZiggyGod   Aspiring Hero CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

SUCCESS!!! I went to my BJs again on the way home and they had all the figs i needed. Dash, Francesco, Mater. :)

#1012 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3121 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

You should buy 2 mater & dash at Target and exchange Franceco later whenever target have it instock.  Same deal as skylanders :)

They don't have different dpci's? They do online.

#1013 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Maybe I'll call them again tonight. I'd call the store themselves up, but I have this overwhelming sense that I'm just gonna confuse the Fuck out of someone. Especially if I ask them to "Return this item that says picked up but I'm not physically returning to the store." I think they'll probably just laugh at me at that point.

Or maybe I'll just flag the purchase on my card.

Just wanted to give an update on this...I called the actual store instead of the national line today. The manager (I assume) saw in the computer that it was picked up, but the cashier that handled the transaction wasn't in at the time, so I'll be getting a call back tomorrow.

Here's hoping I get my refund with no hassles.

#1014 tipio   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

I've been waiting for a call for the last 7 days from a manager who said she can't do anything because the person who works the back of the store for in store pickup wasn't there. I don't get why she couldn't just refund me right there. She looked at the tapes to confirm nobody picked up the order, it was just incorrectly marked as picked up and complete. Huge difference. One charges me, one doesn't.
Getting annoyed.

#1015 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Oh, if I don't get a credit by the end of the week or at least some sort of inclination that I'm getting a credit soon, definitely going to be disputing it with my Credit Card company.

#1016 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Update again! (Not that anyone cares.)

No phone call today. I called the store back, but I realized I didn't write down who I spoke to yesterday. The nice lady on the phone told me I likely spoke to the Assistant Manager, and gave me his name.

She said he won't be in tomorrow, but the general manager will, from 7-4. Here's hoping he can give me some answers.

#1017 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

I know this has been discussed, but really why the need for all of the tron discs? smh

#1018 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I made a snarky comment.

It won't do any good but it made me feel better.

#1019 georox   The Captain CAGiversary!   7693 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'd like 3 TRON discs for the experience boost.. but anything more is overkill. I still have 0.

Oh it's 2 per char? In that case I want 2. :P

#1020 ByeHaveABeautifulTime!  

ByeHaveABeautifulTime!

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

The only reason to have a Tron disc is for collection purposes... you can level up any character to level 15 in less than an hour.