Atlus sale on the 3DS eshp

Erad30

CAGiversary!

Roundup of Atlus sales on the 3DS eShop
August 19th, 2013 Posted in 3DS eShop, News, Posted by Brian

IRVINE, Calif. – Aug. 19, 2013 -
Beginning today, the vast majority of the ATLUS catalogue for the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, which includes Soul Hackers, Code of Princess and Etrian Odyssey IV, will be on sale for $10 off. This sale is for a limited time and is only valid for digital purchases from the Nintendo eShop in North America. After Aug. 31, each game will revert to its normal price.

Code of Princess – On sale for $19.99
Blending frantic fighting with elements of classic arcade side-scrolling beat ‘em ups and the character development and growth of an RPG, fans of action will savor the game’s frenetic combat. Out-of-this-world multipliers punctuate the strategic demands of battling hordes of enemies on a three-railed battlefield.

Soul Hackers – On sale for $29.99
Soul Hackers is a first-person RPG that takes place in the futuristic Amami City. The city is permeated by Paradigm X, a virtual reality world that connects the entire populace. The main character is thrust into conflict when he accidentally gets his girlfriend possessed by the demon Nemissa. Soul Hackers carries on the first-person RPG play in the same vein as other games in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. The graphical style remains faithful to the original 1997 version, but is optimized with 3-D graphics for the Nintendo 3DS system.

Etrian Odyssey IV – On sale for $29.99
The first-person dungeon crawling Etrian Odyssey series returns in its first installment for the Nintendo 3DS. Use the system’s touch screen to draw maps of each unique dungeon, create a party consisting of any blend of the game’s character classes, and conquer dungeon puzzles and giant FOE monsters in the pursuit of fame and fortune. Set out into the clouds aboard a skyship to explore Tharsis’s oldest mystery.

Sale prices valid only for a limited time, and only in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Code of Princess is rated T for Teen, Soul Hackers is rated M for Mature, and Etrian Odyssey IV is rated T for Teen. After Aug. 31, the games will revert to their regular prices. For more information, please visit http://www.atlus.com.

Surprised to see Code of Princess on sale again so soon. Not a bad deal for those who missed out on the first or were waiting for a sale on EOIV. Little dissapointed no Shin Megami IV but that probably won't go on sale til that $30 bonus offer is done.

Cool, get another shot at code of princess seeing as I missed it by a day the last time.

Thanks OP, I guess Frisky will probably update his thread as well.

Code of Princess is acceptable at $20. If you're a fan of Persona 4, Teddie's VA appears in the game early on as an elf and has pretty much the same personality. It does run a bit slow though.

EOIV is great at $30. Probably the best game of the bunch quality wise.

Soul Hackers is a 90s Dungeon Crawler complete with gratuitous use of 3D graphics to show off the power of the Sega Saturn. I really wanted to get into this game with the story, but some of the gameplay elements really held me back.

Having Soul Hackers or Etrian Odyssey IV Street Pass data gives SMTIV players 40 app points, so fingers crossed if you find a person with those games on the street.

Code of Princess is acceptable at $20. If you're a fan of Persona 4, Teddie's VA appears in the game early on as an elf and has pretty much the same personality. It does run a bit slow though.

EOIV is great at $30. Probably the best game of the bunch quality wise.

Soul Hackers is a 90s Dungeon Crawler complete with gratuitous use of 3D graphics to show off the power of the Sega Saturn. I really wanted to get into this game with the story, but some of the gameplay elements really held me back.
i stay away from soul hackers... its not a bad game but it will make you go insane demons can one hit kill you at any second. even if you have 300 hp

Last edited by a moderator:
SMT IV is a good game. The battle system is more like Devil Survivor, except the demons don't protect you and if you exploit weaknesses you get more turns.

i stay away from soul hackers... its not a bad game but it will make you go insane demons can one hit kill you at any second. even if you have 300 hp
It has an easy mode, doesn't it? You can level up at least using play coins and get powerful demons. I didn't find it very hard, but I guess I grew up on 90s RPGs (although not on that one)

Having Soul Hackers or Etrian Odyssey IV Street Pass data gives SMTIV players 40 app points, so fingers crossed if you find a person with those games on the street.
How?? I have both, and I haven't gotten 40 app points! Does it happen later in the game? I'm only a few hours in. (I am not dealing well with having so much to play. I forget where I am, what I'm doing and what I've done before in games and end up wasting hours on Animal Crossing instead.)

Anyway, I am biased towards Atlus. I buy all their stuff full price to support them and also because I love/want it. One reason I support them is because they are one of the few companies who knows how to have a good eshop/PSN sale! I wish other companies would get a clue and do this (NINTENDO, etc). Nintendo games are constantly on sale in physical form at Amazon for great prices, but the eshop is always full price. I would love to go all-digital, but that's a bitter digital pill to digitally swallow.

I think so?  I've got green dots beside both EOIV and SMT:SH right now indicating streetpasses, and I have definitely streetpassed with both before.

I did just download the SMTIV Streetpass Update today from the eshop (whatever that is! didn't know it existed).  Maybe that was needed, or maybe I need to be further in SMTIV?

the streetpass update should be the one where you can get streetpass from places like mcdonald.  I've only driven by McD and supposdely takes about 5 minutes to get it. I think I will go park there for a few minutes one of these days to see if I get more hits.

Oh, sorry--I meant the SMTIV streetpass update.  I went into search on the eshop, changed it to utilities (or maybe free can't remember) and there it was.

The system update that enables streetpass relay is something else entirely (and I have a whole lot to say about that, but I apologize that I've already gotten us so off-topic!)

I couldn't discern it from the eShop trailer, but is the stage layout type in Code of Princess that of a fighting game or a brawler?  I personally don't like fighting games, but I don't mind brawlers at all. 

Definitely a side-scrolling brawler.  It's a lot of fun.  It is not Guardian Heroes, and reviews rightly pointed out some flaws, but gosh if it's not a goofy, fun game.  Sure is a lot to unlock and do, too.  It's great to have the eshop version and just pop it open once in a while.

Definitely a side-scrolling brawler. It's a lot of fun. It is not Guardian Heroes, and reviews rightly pointed out some flaws, but gosh if it's not a goofy, fun game. Sure is a lot to unlock and do, too. It's great to have the eshop version and just pop it open once in a while.
Thanks, guess I'll be buying it, then.

Hmmm...tempted on that Etrian Odyssey IV, but amazon has it for $33.55. More expensive, but I can acutually sell it later since I do not hold on to games

Go on, do it, do it!  It'll be way more fun to have EOIV on your 3DS for all times.  I'm surprised how often I turn it back on, despite having beaten it and spent over 100 hours fiddling with it.

The question for me is Soul Hackers or Etrian Odyssey. Picked up SMT IV today for the credit and to see what the big deal is.

I think so? I've got green dots beside both EOIV and SMT:SH right now indicating streetpasses, and I have definitely streetpassed with both before.

I did just download the SMTIV Streetpass Update today from the eshop (whatever that is! didn't know it existed). Maybe that was needed, or maybe I need to be further in SMTIV?
It is unlocked after some part of the game. Make sure you can see it on the Burroughs menu and activate it and make a card.

bread's done
Back