10% off Select Games & Pre-orders @ Newegg.com (+Free Shipping)

The fact that Newegg canceled my Last Guardian pre-order yesterday made me think that hope was all lost for the game (at least on the PS3). They sent me an email yesterday saying my preorder for the Last Guardian was canceled at my request. I never requested it canceled. I'm guessing it was canceled because my preorder was a year old... But I'm rather dissapoited that my preorder for a game that's never coming out was canceled because it was a $15 off promo...

Contact them and tell them you never requested it...maybe they'll give you some credit.

The fact that Newegg canceled my Last Guardian pre-order yesterday made me think that hope was all lost for the game (at least on the PS3). They sent me an email yesterday saying my preorder for the Last Guardian was canceled at my request. I never requested it canceled. I'm guessing it was canceled because my preorder was a year old... But I'm rather dissapoited that my preorder for a game that's never coming out was canceled because it was a $15 off promo...

I just got an email saying that four of my Pre-Orders were canceled. I received two emails for each. One stating that the cancellation was my request, followed by another stating that they were unable to fill my order. (South Park, Grand Theft Auto V, Beyond: Two Souls, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2)

I preordered the Last Guardian on October 14, 2009 (almost 4 years ago) from Amazon for $43.44 using a gold box and two other promotions. I seems that Amazon is still honoring it. I think that Newegg should honor your $15 off promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just email customer service. I had two preorders cancelled because they were a year old. Their system automatically cancels them after a year. Customer service told me to reorder, then email them afterwards and they'll credit me back what my original discount was. I had both Splinter Cell and GTAV preordered for $48.

Just email customer service. I had two preorders cancelled because they were a year old. Their system automatically cancels them after a year. Customer service told me to reorder, then email them afterwards and they'll credit me back what my original discount was. I had both Splinter Cell and GTAV preordered for $48.
Good to know, I received cancellation e-mails as well for GTA V and Beyond: Two Souls. I will have them re-apply the promo.

Picked up Mario 3D World and Guided Fate Paradox.  Already had Dragon's, SMT, and  Dream Team which are all amazing.

But man... The Last Guardian?? We don't even know IF... or WHEN... or if it will even be on NEXT gen or not now?!?

I just got an email saying that four of my Pre-Orders were canceled. I received two emails for each. One stating that the cancellation was my request, followed by another stating that they were unable to fill my order. (South Park, Grand Theft Auto V, Beyond: Two Souls, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2)
I got an email that my Rayman Legends Wii U pre-order was cancelled. I pre-ordered it at $49.99 with a $12 off promo last year. I went to their customer support chat and asked why it was cancelled, they said NewEgg tends to auto-cancel pre-orders that are over a year long. They said they'd still honor the $12 promo, I then pointed out the games price has gone up from $49.99 to $59.99, they said they'd honor the $22 discount. When the order is processed, they'll refund me the $22 they said.

This is pretty good because I forgot I had pre-ordered the game, and I wasn't going to buy this for any more than this price anyways.

What sucks is that when you re-order you have to pay full upfront and then contact them again for your money back. They should really update their system. -.-

What sucks is that when you re-order you have to pay full upfront and then contact them again for your money back. They should really update their system. -.-
Yup, that's exactly what they told me. I must pay the full $59.99 for Grand Theft Auto V, but they will refund $15.00 back, which supposedly will show up 3-5 days later.

Would've rather have just paid $44.99 like it was with my initial pre-order, but oh well.....

And I don't know about you, but I took the name of the guy who said he would process the refund when the game ships - so at least I have some notes about the conversation if I need to call NewEgg back in late September.

Score!!! Haha, yet another Wii U pre order that I'll be saving cheddar on- this time it's Mario 3D World! Nice.

I still need to find a deal for Sonic Lost World, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros 4. Those are the only Wii U games left that I have pre ordered at full MSRP.

I found another pre order discount with free shipping on Newegg. This was offered last week but without free shipping. Apparently the 10% off code is still valid but they have dropped the shipping charges, which makes it an actual worthwhile deal.

New Super Luigi U - GAMEBTS01

Daganronpa pre-ordered for me. If they get that curry game for a percent off and cheaper I would pre-order that too and it would take care of my Vita releases for the niche games so far. As long as you don't expect pre-order bonuses these pre-orders add up (and some games don't even come with pre-order bonuses which makes the offers better).

Everyone beware about preordering games way in advance and expecting to get said game for the price. Your preorder is cancelled in one year, someone said theirs got cancelled in 10 months.. We are having this issue from a thread where we had preordered games a year ago for $47.99 such as GTA V, Beyond Two Souls etc...  and the system is cancelling them. 

bread's done
Back