Origin Digital Games Sale (Up to 70% Off)

Bummed that Alice Complete Collection isn't part of this (hell, it doesn't appear to be on Origin at all).  I always wanted to get another copy of Hot Pursuit though, even if it's dead online, and I know it's been $5 but I loved that game so much.

Has anyone ever bought Defiance on Origin? It's tempting at $5, but I'm wondering since it's not an EA title if I could buy it from Origin but activate it on Steam? I doubt it, but I figure it's worth asking...

I think that stuff bought from Origin will have to activate on Origin. Would Steam be selling games that unlock on Origin? Exactly.

Somehow lost my Assassin's Creed 3 Samsung code, so I'm considering an Origin download, but I was hoping for $10 or less.

Is this the cheapest Defiance (Standard) has been?

At $5 it looks to be a decent deal. I'm also considering Secret World purely because I have credit @ Origin and I can never find anything else to spend it on...

$5 for Kingdoms of Amalur is a steal... I'm playing through it right now and have sunk 100+ hours into it

Blarg, that's just DLC...., but $7.99 isn't too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any word on how long this sale will go? I'm waiting to play BF3 before I pull the trigger on BF3 Premium , but I don't want to miss it. Hopefully it's not a one-day thing...

Bummed that Alice Complete Collection isn't part of this (hell, it doesn't appear to be on Origin at all). I always wanted to get another copy of Hot Pursuit though, even if it's dead online, and I know it's been $5 but I loved that game so much.
Keep an eye on this page, since Amazon DOES offer it and often puts it on sale during the larger sales events (I got it for $11.99 in January):

http://www.amazon.com/Alice-Madness-Complete-Collection-Download/dp/B00AKILZR4

It installs via Origin, and the original Alice IS included in the software, but you're right -- EA itself doesn't list the game on its own Origin site.

There are some OK deals here, but my advice is to just get the Humble Bundle this week (though I can't imagine any CAG hasn't already jumped on that incredible deal) and then wait for Amazon to have its next sale on EA titles.

Amazon regularly has bundles that include most or all DLC for extremely low prices. For example, last year, they had a deal where Dragon Age Ultimate and Dragon Age II were bundled together for $9.99. There was another deal where Kingdoms of Amalur with all DLC was $9.99. And there were plenty of other packs of games for similarly low prices.

EA does a terrible job with promotions on Origin, but Amazon has always done them well. I'm hoping we'll one day see a Sims 3 bundle on Amazon that's actually worth the trouble. I'm also holding out on a good Battlefield 2 BC and Battlefield 3 bundle, since I know Amazon will likely beat anything Origin has to offer now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back