CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Buy 2 used Wii or DS games get 2 Free

Cost 10,000 points

available until 8-25-13

use by 8-19-13 through 9-8-13

also

When you spend $50 or more on used smartphones, tablets, or media players you get $15 Itunes Card Free.

also

There may be new Xtra Points Surveys currently available.

They should give themselves funny looks for the scam that they pulled with the reprinted "used" copies of XC and MPT. Great deal if all 4 XBC copies were intact.

Hmm anything worth buying a wii for to use this coupon? I'm trying to keep busy waiting for my ps4 and was thinking about trying out a wii. Btw don't hate but I haven't had anything Nintendo since GameCube and the only game I had was animal crossing lmao

Hmm anything worth buying a wii for to use this coupon? I'm trying to keep busy waiting for my ps4 and was thinking about trying out a wii. Btw don't hate but I haven't had anything Nintendo since GameCube and the only game I had was animal crossing lmao
Mario Galaxy 1/2

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Twilight Princess

I'm not a fan of the RPGs even though they're so sought after because of their rarity (Xenoblade, to a lesser extent Last Story, and I certainly don't think they're in and of themselves worth owning a Wii for).

There's probably a few others I'm missing but I had the most fun with those. Wii sports is still fun to me to this day, but it's probably still a pack-in with whatever system you get.

It'll bring the value down but the fact of the matter is the cheapest way to get the games is still 80+ plus. If they price them like they're not cartoon mustache twirling villains someday, then maybe we'll see more of an impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had the points and the money...  I so would buy 2 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy and 2 copies of Xenoblade Chronicles.  Keep 1 Metroid Prime Trilogy and trade back 1 copy MPT with the 2 XC.  I wonder how much credit that would get me.

$190 to run with this adventure, I don't even have that much to my name.  Cursed bills/upkeep costing me most of my paycheck. :(

I've checked couple of local gamestop here in ny who had a copy of metroid trilogy. And three of them all had the game only. No steenbook, or manual, or the sleeve cover was with the game. So try your luck. They did have xenoblades complete with everything.

As bad as I hammer GS for XC, at least they seem to reprint the game and it comes complete with CN codes. With MPT, they are insane to charge as much as they do for a reprinted used copy and don't even have it complete with steel book and content. You are better buying a complete used copy on AMZ or eBay for a little more. The allure of MPT was the complete package with all content as fan service more than just the game. Seeing that Nintendo seldom does collectors editions of any of their games, this made MPT even more coveted among collectors.

As bad as I hammer GS for XC, at least they seem to reprint the game and it comes complete with CN codes. With MPT, they are insane to charge as much as they do for a reprinted used copy and don't even have it complete with steel book and content. You are better buying a complete used copy on AMZ or eBay for a little more. The allure of MPT was the complete package with all content as fan service more than just the game. Seeing that Nintendo seldom does collectors editions of any of their games, this made MPT even more coveted among collectors.
I love how GameStop can't win...

Xenoblade comes back mysteriously and people are suspicious of it being a reprint coming up with whatever proof they can find.

MPT comes back in disc form and people are bitching they didn't "reprint" the whole CE, even though the old XB topics were filled with people pissed they reprinted a CE (though I don't recall MPT being a CE in the first place...)

Wait...reprinted? That kill any value?
Only time will tell. MPT hit $10 dollars new at one point and then went on to be worth 90+. XB was $35 dollars at one point and then went on to be worth $120+ dollars. Might result in lower prices for now and then shoot back up down the road.

Mario Galaxy 1/2

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Twilight Princess

I'm not a fan of the RPGs even though they're so sought after because of their rarity (Xenoblade, to a lesser extent Last Story, and I certainly don't think they're in and of themselves worth owning a Wii for).

There's probably a few others I'm missing but I had the most fun with those. Wii sports is still fun to me to this day, but it's probably still a pack-in with whatever system you get.
Metroid Prime 3 costs like $5 so it would be a waste to use it with a coupon like this since you get the lowest value games free. I think Galaxy two is still $40 at gamestop

Xenoblade and Metroid aren't "used", their "vintage", that's why they're so expensive ;-)

If I HAD 10,000 points - think I'm around 300 - which I just realized GS might be screwing my account over - I'ld get the 2 Galaxy games and a couple of DS games, Probably Inside Bowser and the Time 1. Now to go check my GS account. 

So buy 4 copies at multiple locations, then return and purchase again in one store using the coupon will work? :eek:
4 * $89.99 = $359.96 + tax in your area, which could be as high as $40 + gas

That's a lot of money to spend on four of the same video game without promise of selling them for a profit. GS's price on the game reflects ebay's price, and ebay takes at least 15% of your sales value. :x Sounds like a major loss to me.

4 * $89.99 = $359.96 + tax in your area, which could be as high as $40 + gas

That's a lot of money to spend on four of the same video game without promise of selling them for a profit. GS's price on the game reflects ebay's price, and ebay takes at least 15% of your sales value. :x Sounds like a major loss to me.
Don't forget to calculate in the B2G2 coupon.

Also, PUR 10% off, that cancels out tax in my area, others will save even more. And if you are spending $40 in gas, you either drive a hummer, or your spending too much time and going too far.

Edit: Yes, Hipster, I was viewing the thread on my phone, and I misread it as "$40+ in gas", rather than the $40 referring to the tax. Still makes sense to point out that PUR discount would save most people at least as much as the tax, and some people (who don't pay tax) as much as $36. The 15% in ebay fees was already mentioned.

$400 out of pocket, $200 refund, for possible $50 profit if you sell three out of the four for current ebay prices while lots of other people try the same thing? Guess you should get on that right now. Also note that if the 10% PUR bonus cancels out your sales tax (which can be as high as 11%, hence the rounded $40 that you seemingly failed to comprehend) that you will still have to pay 15% or more in ebay fees.

I also noticed the $15 iTunes card. Thinking about getting the iPod nano 6th gen for runs (wearing it as a watch). Does the iTunes promo apply to refurbished ones? Also does the 20% off pre-owned and accessories apply?

This is a good coupon, but with the look of the Wii and DS section in my local Gamestops trying to clear out most of their stock, you might be better off saving your points unless you can find four relatively similarly priced games that are more than likely not going to be discounted in the near future.  Even if you luck out and find a GS (or are willing to do the return and rebuy) that has copies of Xenoblade and MPT, it would only be worth it if all four of the games are at that value (or close enough, like Radiant Dawn).

For the Wii games, I would recommend the following to look out for (if complete and in good shape), as anything that is $10 or cheaper would be a waste for this coupon (again, unless you can find four $9.99 games that you want), and is best used on four titles in the $30-45 range.  With the coupon, you will beat out eBay prices for these games that are more than likely going to be harder to find in a year from now (some even now), base prices shown before discounts:

Super Mario Galaxy 2, $44.99

Kirby's Return to Dream Land, $44.99

Mario Party 9, $44.99

Skyward Sword, $44.99

Mario Sports Mix, $39.99

Plenty more at the $30-20 range as well, just keep the values of the games close together to get the best use of the coupon.  These may seem like no-brainer 1st party selections, but those are the ones that mostly hold their value.

I love how GameStop can't win...

Xenoblade comes back mysteriously and people are suspicious of it being a reprint coming up with whatever proof they can find.

MPT comes back in disc form and people are bitching they didn't "reprint" the whole CE, even though the old XB topics were filled with people pissed they reprinted a CE (though I don't recall MPT being a CE in the first place...)

Only time will tell. MPT hit $10 dollars new at one point and then went on to be worth 90+. XB was $35 dollars at one point and then went on to be worth $120+ dollars. Might result in lower prices for now and then shoot back up down the road.
It is not suspicion when major and rather reputable sites like Kotaku and IGN have big news alleging this scandalous activity and nobody is returning their calls when they want more answer. Game Informer which is owned by GameStop obviously turns the other cheek as this is a conflict of interest. People from all walks of the videogame industry have called GameStop out on this and yet they have not defended themselves as they were obviously caught red handed. It is their prerogative if they want to do this to the loyal customers and mark up the used prices to make 100% profit, but I feel it is shady as they would have easily sold double to triple and thus make more profits if they made this available at $40-$50 as it should be for used prices compared to MSRP.

My bigger issue is with MPT (not to be confused with MP3: Corruption) and it was only in a special CE that came out and was very limited. They are just reprinting the trilogy disk that has all 3 games and skyrocketing the price. Those three games separate are cheaper than this trilogy disk, but the big appeal to MPT was the entire game and contents. They are not offering contents at all and this seems to be no different than Chinese eBay sellers selling reprint/burned disks at a fraction of the costs of the MSRP, yet they are considered illegal and what GameStop is doing is not much better and actually worse since they inflated the costs. There are few subjects on CAG that are more polarizing than GameStop's recent antics. I am a loyal fan of the company and have over 80,000+ PUR points, but I don't have to like what they are doing with this particular situation when it comes to the consumer, but still support them on other things.

Yeah, quite a few great Wii games. I'll save you the trouble and list some must-have Wii exclusives:

Donkey Kong Country Returns (a must-have for any Wii owner)

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (one of my favorites, and only costs around $10 brand new on Amazon)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (a true masterpiece)

Zelda Twilight Princess (another true masterpiece, and definitely better on Wii than GC)

Zelda Skyward Sword (the definitive motion gaming experience on Wii)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (it's Metroid Prime, need I say more?)

Metroid: Other M (grossly underrated and quite good actually)

Metroid Prime Trilogy (all 3 Prime games with the new 1st person motion controls- simply astounding)

Xenoblade Chronicles (one of the finest RPGs of the 7th generation)

The Last Story (developed by the creator of Final Fantasy, many claim this game is even better than Xenoblade)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Nintendo's take on what a strategy RPG should look like)

Pikmin NEW PLAY CONTROL (a port of Pikmin on the Gamecube, but with superior motion controls)

Pikmin 2 NEW PLAY CONTROL (a port of Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube, but with superior motion controls)

Wii Sports Resort (despite the "casual" label, this game is a fine example of fun at its best)

Kirby's Return To Dreamland (a fine platformer, and one of the better entries in the Kirby series)

There's a good starting list for you.

Might go for Super Smash Bros Brawl, The Last Story, Dokapon Kingdom, and Kirby's Dream Collection. Those are all at one store.

Basically my only dilemma is The Last Story or Pandora's Tower? I only want to get one of those, but any opinions on which is better?

I would definitely go The Last Story between those two as it seems to be more polished and has better mechanics than Pandora's Tower. Not to say that Pandora's Tower is bad at all, but it seems to be the least liked between the three Operation Rainfall games. XC seems to get the highest reviews  averaging in the 9's, TLS is second with average scores between 8.5-9 and PT is in the mid to low 7's. If I were you, I would try to locate a cheap new copy of the Kirby Collection somewhere as you will most likely get nothing but the game if you buy it used. Maybe get TLS and PT and try to get Kirby new from Amazon as it is the same price as the used copy at GS and you will get everything. I know you are looking at it as the possible free game thrown in, but you should try to get that game complete with all content which is just like I was saying with MPT in a previous post.

Yeah, quite a few great Wii games. I'll save you the trouble and list some must-have Wii exclusives:

Donkey Kong Country Returns (a must-have for any Wii owner)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (one of my favorites, and only costs around $10 brand new on Amazon)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (a true masterpiece)
Zelda Twilight Princess (another true masterpiece, and definitely better on Wii than GC)
Zelda Skyward Sword (the definitive motion gaming experience on Wii)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (it's Metroid Prime, need I say more?)
Metroid: Other M (grossly underrated and quite good actually)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (all 3 Prime games with the new 1st person motion controls- simply astounding)
Xenoblade Chronicles (one of the finest RPGs of the 7th generation)
The Last Story (developed by the creator of Final Fantasy, many claim this game is even better than Xenoblade)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Nintendo's take on what a strategy RPG should look like)
Pikmin NEW PLAY CONTROL (a port of Pikmin on the Gamecube, but with superior motion controls)
Pikmin 2 NEW PLAY CONTROL (a port of Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube, but with superior motion controls)
Wii Sports Resort (despite the "casual" label, this game is a fine example of fun at its best)
Kirby's Return To Dreamland (a fine platformer, and one of the better entries in the Kirby series)

There's a good starting list for you.
Thanks for that list. There are quite a few on there I had looked into but wasn't sure. Now I know. Here Wii go again, good thing I have some spare GS credit haha.

I also noticed the $15 iTunes card. Thinking about getting the iPod nano 6th gen for runs (wearing it as a watch). Does the iTunes promo apply to refurbished ones? Also does the 20% off pre-owned and accessories apply?
This is all I could find. Since refurbished are more expensive I would say yes. I don't know of any 20% off.

Offer valid through 9/8/2013. Limit one card per transaction. Color and selection of all items subject to availability by location. Selection may vary by store. While supplies last. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. No dealers. BuyMyTronics reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. See sales associate for complete details. Void where prohibited. iPod, iPhone and iPad (including images thereof) are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. BuyMyTronics is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is not affiliated with this offer.

It is not suspicion when major and rather reputable sites like Kotaku and IGN have big news alleging this scandalous activity and nobody is returning their calls when they want more answer. Game Informer which is owned by GameStop obviously turns the other cheek as this is a conflict of interest. People from all walks of the videogame industry have called GameStop out on this and yet they have not defended themselves as they were obviously caught red handed. It is their prerogative if they want to do this to the loyal customers and mark up the used prices to make 100% profit, but I feel it is shady as they would have easily sold double to triple and thus make more profits if they made this available at $40-$50 as it should be for used prices compared to MSRP.

My bigger issue is with MPT (not to be confused with MP3: Corruption) and it was only in a special CE that came out and was very limited. They are just reprinting the trilogy disk that has all 3 games and skyrocketing the price. Those three games separate are cheaper than this trilogy disk, but the big appeal to MPT was the entire game and contents. They are not offering contents at all and this seems to be no different than Chinese eBay sellers selling reprint/burned disks at a fraction of the costs of the MSRP, yet they are considered illegal and what GameStop is doing is not much better and actually worse since they inflated the costs. There are few subjects on CAG that are more polarizing than GameStop's recent antics. I am a loyal fan of the company and have over 80,000+ PUR points, but I don't have to like what they are doing with this particular situation when it comes to the consumer, but still support them on other things.
Where is the evidence behind Gamestop reprinting these games? They would have to jump through multiple legal hurdles, including dealing with the original publisher. In this case, Nintendo.

Gamestop would have to pay Nintendo for the rights to reprint and sell those copies. What you are saying just makes no business, ethical, or legal sense in any way.

Unless you can present some accurate evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I have seen is new cases, which Gamestop can buy on their own.

Most likely what happened, is Gamestop contacted people who had bought those games through their stores and offered them trade in value. This was corroborated by reports of Gamestop doing just that a few months ago http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558200

At least that theory is plausible, and actually backed up by evidence. The other theory is merely circumstantial and, frankly, quite ridiculous.

Where is the evidence behind Gamestop reprinting these games? They would have to jump through multiple legal hurdles, including dealing with the original publisher. In this case, Nintendo.

Gamestop would have to pay Nintendo for the rights to reprint and sell those copies. What you are saying just makes no business, ethical, or legal sense in any way.

Unless you can present some accurate evidence to the contrary. The only evidence I have seen is new cases, which Gamestop can buy on their own.

Most likely what happened, is Gamestop contacted people who had bought those games through their stores and offered them trade in value. This was corroborated by reports of Gamestop doing just that a few months ago http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558200

At least that theory is plausible, and actually backed up by evidence. The other theory is merely circumstantial and, frankly, quite ridiculous.
A few weeks ago, there was not one copy anywhere for 100 miles of my area. Now, every single DAMN STORE IN THE 100 MILE AREA has the damn game, and 2-3 copies IN EACH STORE! This is a reprint. How can people think it's not? I bet you're the type to walk into a building and if you were to see a dead guy on the ground knifed and see another guy with a bloody knife in his hands, you'd walk up to him and say "hey, do you know what happened to that guy?"

Gamestop's gone too far this time. I've turned a blind eye to a lot, but I'm not going to let them get away with this.

bread's done
Back