Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
So, this is only available at GS or what? I don't see it listed by Amazon (outside of some third party sellers). 

I don't understand the value of these if it's only a digital code included. Is there not a disc included? Will these retain value even if it's just a DLC key?

I don't understand the value of these if it's only a digital code included. Is there not a disc included? Will these retain value even if it's just a DLC key?
This isn't a popular game like MVC2 in the first place. I'm buying it because I love Ducktales but this will never be worth more than MSRP.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)

And if anyone bitches about this not being a deal: ahem
Your post made my day! I bought one of those MvC 2 editions WAY back when and had no idea they were worth anything.

Probably as much as anything else. If you want the game, then you're only paying $5 dollars more for the pin (though it seems to be the same one given away at E3 =\) and you can no doubt sell that for $5 dollars down the road.

Just contacted my local TRU and they had 2+ copies (though he said they were certainly limited). Reserved 2 copies of it for the B1G1 40%. 

I learned about this yesterday and had a local Gamestop hold a copy for me. Yeah, it does not include a disc, just a voucher for the PSN download. But I like the box art and and such. I wonder how "limited" the stock really is? I wonder if they are also going to release an Xbox360 "box" since the game is releasing on XBLA next month.

none of the targets or gamestops in 40 miles of me have this... when was this released?

sucks toysrus doesn't even have it on their website to check store inventory

none of the targets or gamestops in 40 miles of me have this... when was this released?

sucks toysrus doesn't even have it on their website to check store inventory
It was released this past Tuesday (8/20). I was considering returning the copy I preordered and picked up, but based on this topic...maybe I should hold onto it for a little while longer. :)

lol @ the mvc2 boxes being that much i hope those aren't selling for anything near those dumb ass prices their asking for.

what's the point of releasing something if it's impossible to buy it anywhere? I was looking forward to getting this, this is frustrating.

I'm not going to hold your hand but there is a very easy way to get this... it will cost more because they price gouge shipping... but just think for a moment

Edit: And I'm not going to speculate on resale value but I was keeping an eye on eBay prices last week and quite a few were going for less then $20. That might be because people were buying them as part of a B1G1 40% off at TRU but I was surprised because I had the same train of thought as the OP.

This reminds me of patapon 2 for PSP.

You just get a case with artwork and a digital code on a pamphlet. Not even a manual I don't think. 

It is kind of pointless because its just a physical case with artwork.

The game itself is still digital and dependent of the PSN servers.

Five out of six of my local Gamestops have this in stock according to the tracker, with four of those saying "low stock". At this point, I have no idea what this is likely to be worth in the future. Since I really have no interest in the game or pin, I'm going to pass for now. If copies start disappearing fast, I might pick one up, only for fear of it becoming expensive.

Disney pins tend to increase in value. This looks legit because it has a Mickey backing, which I believe is what the pins for sale at the parks use too. Could be some real future value on these because of the pin (unlike MvC, which was literally a box and papers ... damn, why did I throw that away a few months ago ...).

i have two GS's in town and one of them had 2 copies.  I grabbed both (one sealed and one was the floor copy, so opened, but complete).  I want to keep one and see what happens with the price for the other (or just keep it sealed and keep it)

You just get a case with artwork and a digital code on a pamphlet. Not even a manual I don't think.

...which is why it includes exclusive cover art and a limited pin. If you were going to buy the game digitally for $15 anyway, why not pay the extra $5 and have something that may be valuable in the future? I guarantee that you'll be able to at least get your $5 back. You can't even get a Chipotle burrito for $5...not a huge investment.

Yeah, the idea of Disney items that are in a guaranteed limited print run for only one console becoming collectible in the future is just so dumb =-p

...which is why it includes exclusive cover art and a limited pin. If you were going to buy the game digitally for $15 anyway, why not pay the extra $5 and have something that may be valuable in the future? I guarantee that you'll be able to at least get your $5 back. You can't even get a Chipotle burrito for $5...not a huge investment.

I am not a nickel and dime speculator that cares if I make $5-$10 bucks speculating the case and a pin.

The point is the game is still just a digital copy. I want a physical copy so that I don't have to depend on the PSN servers being up to play the game in the future.

Which is why I like when they take PSN exclusives and give them retail releases so long as the game is also retail not just the packaging.

Part of me is tempted to take advantage of the TRU

I am not a nickel and dime speculator that cares if I make $5-$10 bucks speculating the case and a pin.

The point is the game is still just a digital copy. I want a physical copy so that I don't have to depend on the PSN servers being up to play the game in the future.
...which doesn't exist, so why are you bitching about it? When did they ever announce a physical version?

It is extremely pointless, but a nice bonus if you were going to buy the game anyway. Especially if you're someone who likes to have a collection of box art / collectibles from things like this.

Disney pins tend to increase in value. This looks legit because it has a Mickey backing, which I believe is what the pins for sale at the parks use too. Could be some real future value on these because of the pin (unlike MvC, which was literally a box and papers ... damn, why did I throw that away a few months ago ...).
Yeah, the idea of Disney items that are in a guaranteed limited print run for only one console becoming collectible in the future is just so dumb =-p
1) I don't know what you mean by "look", but they're legit. Even if they weren't... collectors / fans of Ducktales would still want them.

2) The Mickey backing was just Disney's way to add a little more to the pin trading craze. They also sell the backings alone and mean absolutely nothing in terms of collectors / value.

3) I hope your last post is sarcastic, since many Disney pins have extremely low production runs.

This is retarded. It costs pennies to make a disk
There's a lot more logistics to it than just making a disc. Warehousing, engineering, packaging, distribution, payroll, retailer cut, loss due to used sales, etc,..

Digital distribution saves a ton of money. This isn't a big budget game that's going to sell hundreds of thousands of copies. I'd say the only chance of seeing this on a disc is in some sort of future compilation.

I, too, remember reading about the worth of Disney pins. Not sure if this one will be worth a lot though or not. I picked it up for personal nostalgia for the game (and of course the show). Good 'ol Disney Afternoon when school was over :)

Part of me is tempted to take advantage of the TRU

...which doesn't exist, so why are you bitching about it? When did they ever announce a physical version?

Pretty sure lots of people read the title of the thread saying retail version and expected physical discs. Until they read peoples posts and the online sites description that is.

I know from me personally and others first assumed it was physical discs.

Pretty sure lots of people read the title of the thread saying retail version and expected physical discs. Until they read peoples posts and the online sites description that is.
I'm really sick of this "i only redz thread titl" excuse. Read the fucking OP and lay off the weed.

EDIT: Altered the thread title just for you!

I went to one GS store asking for it and they said, "They didn't make a retail copy, it's only in our system as a download", (looked at me like I was from outer space),

So I walked across the street to the other GS and bought one off the shelf(used a $10 off PUR coupon), of course they put one of those f***ing tamperproof stickers on the outside, even though I've been shopping there for 10 years and I know everyone by name. They're funny like that.

It's pretty neat offering if you can somehow get it for less than $15.
/csb

Not everyone is planning on buying this on release for $15, though. And not everyone who might want to buy this actually want to play the game.

There are people who would rather wait for the digital version to go on sale. If someone wants to wait until the digital version goes on sale for $5, they would consider this a $15 upgrade instead.

There are also people who are looking at this only as an investment and don't actually want the game. To those people, it's not a $5 upgrade from buying a digital copy, but instead a whole $20 investment.

And there are people who buy this if it included a physical disk. Sometimes people have a bandwidth cap on their internet and don't like wasting it when they could have the game on disk instead. Others don't like digital releases, or like to have a physical product which they can hold or look at. Even though a pin and cover art is included, some people would still like the disk as well.

I bought this last week. Don't think they were supposed to sell it to me that early.

You know you can check? One sold on the 22nd for $90.
That seems to be an outlier, Every other one sold for $20 or less.

Not everyone is planning on buying this on release for $15, though. And not everyone who might want to buy this actually want to play the game.

There are people who would rather wait for the digital version to go on sale. If someone wants to wait until the digital version goes on sale for $5, they would consider this a $15 upgrade instead.

There are also people who are looking at this only as an investment and don't actually want the game. To those people, it's not a $5 upgrade from buying a digital copy, but instead a whole $20 investment.

And there are people who buy this if it included a physical disk. Sometimes people have a bandwidth cap on their internet and don't like wasting it when they could have the game on disk instead. Others don't like digital releases, or like to have a physical product which they can hold or look at. Even though a pin and cover art is included, some people would still like the disk as well.
I encapsulated all of what you just said in both the post you quoted and the OP.

That seems to be an outlier, Every other one sold for $20 or less.
That one was new/sealed, the rest were opened case only since the code has been used. $20 for an empty case is a bad deal now?

Which is why I like when they take PSN exclusives and give them retail releases so long as the game is also retail not just the packaging.
yea I was also hoping for it to be a physical copy not just a download code so I wouldn't have to rely on the PSN servers. It's nice to have something physical to be able to play in the future. I hate downloadable content crap

Is this available at Walmart? Local Gamestop doesn't have any and my town doesn't have a TRU.

However over 10+ Gamestop's one hour away from me have them according to Gamestop.com so there's still quite a bit out there so it seems.

1) I don't know what you mean by "look", but they're legit. Even if they weren't... collectors / fans of Ducktales would still want them.
2) The Mickey backing was just Disney's way to add a little more to the pin trading craze. They also sell the backings alone and mean absolutely nothing in terms of collectors / value.
3) I hope your last post is sarcastic, since many Disney pins have extremely low production runs.
Sigh ... yes, that was sarcasm. My point about the Mickey head backing was that this appears produced to the same quality standards as the official Park pins. It's not a plastic crackerjack box pin or made of cardboard or something. I realize the backing alone holds no value ...

bread's done
Back