* * * - - 11 votes

Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

#1 MetalSlugger   time to play the game CAGiversary!   2622 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-un...o-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-un...e-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

#2 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19758 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

So, this is only available at GS or what? I don't see it listed by Amazon (outside of some third party sellers). 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#3 Le Dude   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

I don't understand the value of these if it's only a digital code included. Is there not a disc included? Will these retain value even if it's just a DLC key?

#4 Smashingly   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   186 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Smashingly

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

I don't understand the value of these if it's only a digital code included. Is there not a disc included? Will these retain value even if it's just a DLC key?

This isn't a popular game like MVC2 in the first place. I'm buying it because I love Ducktales but this will never be worth more than MSRP.

#5 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

collectible Disney pin inside

#6 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4472 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I could swear this was a GS exclusive, and it doesn't appear on the TRU website.

#7 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Care to post an item number in case my local store doesn't have it?

#8 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17097 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Digital Code? No disc? No artbook, making of disc?  Fail!

#9 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

I learned about this yesterday and had a local Gamestop hold a copy for me. Yeah, it does not include a disc, just a voucher for the PSN download. But I like the box art and and such. I wonder how "limited" the stock really is? I wonder if they are also going to release an Xbox360 "box" since the game is releasing on XBLA next month.

Twitch Livestreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

#10 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

none of the targets or gamestops in 40 miles of me have this... when was this released?

sucks toysrus doesn't even have it on their website to check store inventory

#11 Johnnybeachboy   Need a CHEAP PS VITA CAGiversary!   1364 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Johnnybeachboy

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

This is retarded. It costs pennies to make a disk

TRADE LIST LINK BELOW: SELLING BRAND NEW PS4 and (DAY ONE EDITION) XBOX ONE

I am also selling off a portion of my trade list, please send me offers if interested. ENJOY. Help me clear some space!

#12 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

what's the point of releasing something if it's impossible to buy it anywhere? I was looking forward to getting this, this is frustrating.

#13 needler420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

This reminds me of patapon 2 for PSP.

You just get a case with artwork and a digital code on a pamphlet. Not even a manual I don't think. 

It is kind of pointless because its just a physical case with artwork.

The game itself is still digital and dependent of the PSN servers.

needler420.png

#14 slainviper  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:47 PM

Five out of six of my local Gamestops have this in stock according to the tracker, with four of those saying "low stock". At this point, I have no idea what this is likely to be worth in the future. Since I really have no interest in the game or pin, I'm going to pass for now. If copies start disappearing fast, I might pick one up, only for fear of it becoming expensive.

#15 DarthWar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   85 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

My local TRU still had 4 left...after I picked one up

#16 SuperbeastCraig   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   54 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

SuperbeastCraig

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

This seems really stupid to me, but to each their own.

#17 redroversk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

redroversk

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

I went to one GS store asking for it and they said, "They didn't make a retail copy, it's only in our system as a download", (looked at me like I was from outer space),

So I walked across the street to the other GS and bought one off the shelf(used a $10 off PUR coupon), of course they put one of those f***ing tamperproof stickers on the outside, even though I've been shopping there for 10 years and I know everyone by name. They're funny like that.

It's pretty neat offering if you can somehow get it for less than $15.
/csb

#18 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1793 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
PC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

Is this available at Walmart? Local Gamestop doesn't have any and my town doesn't have a TRU.

However over 10+ Gamestop's one hour away from me have them according to Gamestop.com so there's still quite a bit out there so it seems.

komentra.png

komentra.png
*ROCKING DUAL R9 290'S ON MY GAMING RIG* Steam: komentra

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: 
http://screencast.com/t/aBsudgNLaVL

#19 slainviper  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:37 PM

I encapsulated all of what you just said in both the post you quoted and the OP.

Fair enough.

#20 Agent Orange   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Agent Orange

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Damn this is just dumb.

Though it is just an extra $5. I'd pay an extra $5 to get an actual game disc, not for an empty case with a pin inside. 

#21 Razzyp  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

Is this available at Walmart? Local Gamestop doesn't have any and my town doesn't have a TRU.

However over 10+ Gamestop's one hour away from me have them according to Gamestop so there's still quite a bit out there so it seems.

Yes, this was available at my local Walmart. They had three copies left after I got one. 

#22 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6371 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Sigh ... yes, that was sarcasm. My point about the Mickey head backing was that this appears produced to the same quality standards as the official Park pins. It's not a plastic crackerjack box pin or made of cardboard or something. I realize the backing alone holds no value ...

Then couldn't you have just said "It seems to be of the same quality of the park pins"? Though assuming it's the same pin they gave out at E3, I wouldn't really say that is true either. 

maRktGB3x_29lEpNAIhirdA.jpg

Most "park" pins are enamel, where as this one looks to be a plastic top / metal bottom one. Not up to the same "quality standards", but certainly better than the plastic ones. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#23 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1793 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
PC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Thanks to the guy who answered my question. Will check out Walmart.

komentra.png

komentra.png
*ROCKING DUAL R9 290'S ON MY GAMING RIG* Steam: komentra

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: 
http://screencast.com/t/aBsudgNLaVL

#24 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4472 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

The Capcom blog specifically stated that this physical release will be PS3 only. I wouldn't anticipate a 360 version, especially since MS delayed the game's release because of their summer promo.

#25 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11500 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm so on the fence about this.  On the one side, it's physical and on the other, it's not physical lol.  I played the shit out of Ducktales on NES and pretty much all the Disney licensed games.  IDK if I even want to get this game but the prospect of it being rare has me interested.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#26 flatliner718   The Outlaw CAGiversary!   681 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

flatliner718

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

This is at toys r us times square. At least 15 of em.

788075.png

#27 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   19758 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hm... I kinda want this and $5 more isn't too bad, but I wish they would have included something nicer, like an artbook or maybe even a manual printed in the manner of the original release. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Last of Us Remastered - :applause: 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#28 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10810 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Oh console people. ;)

I have the PC version on Steam which yes, did not come with a disc *gasp*.

Anyway, it's really well done. They took everything that was great about the old version, didn't change it too much but modernized the visuals and I think it worked out really well.

Of course I am talking about the PC version but it also just came out and I'm pretty sure the PS3 is more or less the same thing just ported to a different system.

2969.png

#29 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

This is at toys r us times square. At least 15 of em.

o.o Is Crystal McQueen there? I was thinking of going today or tomorrow

#30 SoulEdgeVII   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SoulEdgeVII

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

Is there an expiration on the code?