* * * - - 2 votes

Forza Motorsport 5 - Official CAG Thread - Xbox One

forza forza 5 forza motorsport 5 xbox one cars

#31 coolz481   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

first time playing a forza title and am really enjoying it so far!  a few more jaggies than I expected to see, but the sound effects are phenomenal.

#32 johnmstewart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4171 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

johnmstewart

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Anyone want to buy the Forza LE car packs and tokens?

#33 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I've only played a little bit, but with a friend who's really into the Forza series. So he'd turn off all the assists! Except letting me still use Automatic transmission ;)  I'm liking it a lot. Some jaggies when you're not driving. But actual driving graphics are great.  Enjoying it :) And I like how your Drivatar races in other matches that folks play, earning you credits.

#34 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

Loving this game so far even with the reduced number of cars and tracks.

Fell in love as soon as I felt how the feedback was implemented in the triggers, especially when braking.

#35 tbassett   MW2 Still King CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Loving this game so far even with the reduced number of cars and tracks.

Fell in love as soon as I felt how the feedback was implemented in the triggers, especially when braking.

I haven't played the last two Forza's but man I'm really loving this game.  I almost think the less cars the better.  Seems less overwhelming to me.  And your right the controller feedback is so awesome.

The game doesn't look as great as I was expecting but maybe I just got my hopes up too high.  Just a minor complaint though.  Might be the best of the launch games.

#36 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yeah Forza Motorsport 3 had so much content they needed two discs lol. Forza Motorsport 4 gave you the content but they also had to focus on Autovista mode detailing 20 cars for the Kinect tour feature. Forza Motorsport 5 has all the cars available in this mode, renamed I heard, so it's less but more detailed and focused.

#37 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I really like the drivatar system. I've cussed a few friends out several times, I think they owe my an apology for being such shitty drivers. 

#38 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

I feel that Drivatar's are a game changer.  If it was just me constantly racing against nameless NPCs following a single racing line, I wouldn't be as compelled as I am to run back to the game.  

Check out this example of mine, where a friend's Drivatar is rather aggressive (though the second time, it looks like maybe he's just trying to get back onto the road.. or is he?):

http://www.twitch.tv/wongjp/c/3299789

Even if this may not be an accurate representation of my friend's driving style, it definitely keeps things "fresh".... frustratingly fresh :p

I probably didn't need to buy the LE, but I did like the extra tokens and such. I used an XP booster for an hour over the weekend. Since I haven't played since Forza 2, this feels like my first CaRPG ;)

#39 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7191 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm terrible at this game. Any tips!?

#40 wongjp   Section 9 CAGiversary!   546 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

I usually place pretty badly. Sometimes it's a fluke and I'll get 1st, while others I may get 7th :)

I turned a few of the assists off - to get bonuses but also to see how much I can push my driving.  I always drive auto though, I'm not pro or comfy enough to do manual in driving games.

I was racing with a friend who's played every Forza game. He turns every assist off, races clean, follows hardcore enthuasist rules.  His best advice to me was, "it's all about feathering".  That is, when we played with no assists, using that gas and brake properly (taking advantage of the trigger sensitivity) was key.  After I played with him some, going back to having most assists ON was a better experience for me...

#41 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Learn to use the brake OR the gas, not both and anticipate those corners. Yeah I agree with Drivatars Turn 10 delivered on their "with the power of the cloud" promise.

#42 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

What car did you start with? Front wheel drive tends to be a bit easier in the beginning. 

#43 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

I see Cheapy tweeting about microtransactions breaking the game? Has anyone noticed this? I'm not very far in, but if I can't complete it without spending more money that will be disappointing.

#44 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2972 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

I see Cheapy tweeting about microtransactions breaking the game? Has anyone noticed this? I'm not very far in, but if I can't complete it without spending more money that will be disappointing.

Well, there's no real "completing the game" since you can just keep racing and racing. You can most definitely finish all the events without spending money, but many people are mad at Turn 10 for making cars overpriced at 3 mil credits and not making payout of races high enough to get these cars, then adding tokens you buy with real money to get cars. I personally have no problem with it.

#45 basilofbkrst   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1320 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

basilofbkrst

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

So when I turn on the damage effective vehicle ability stuff I seem to be the only car on the track that takes a hit. 

The game seems fun so far, but reading that I'm required to have skill to unlock the "cool" cars to shell out cash is pretty annoying. Especially as I got the Limited Edition and have to shell out for cars I thought I was going to start with. 

#46 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Well, there's no real "completing the game" since you can just keep racing and racing. You can most definitely finish all the events without spending money, but many people are mad at Turn 10 for making cars overpriced at 3 mil credits and not making payout of races high enough to get these cars, then adding tokens you buy with real money to get cars. I personally have no problem with it.

Yeah, I read some of the dev posts and it seems like they wanted the cars to be hard to get. I don't have a problem with that either.

Especially as I got the Limited Edition and have to shell out for cars I thought I was going to start with. 

Forza has always been that way. 

#47 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

The people that have all the time in the world to play the game will earn currency through the game. Then they'll purchase the rare cars.

The people that have jobs, big social lives and still want to get the high priced cars will just pay for it. It's one or the other.

Racing, earning rewards, upgrading your car or purchasing another and racing again is the feedback loop of Forza Motorsports and is the reason why it's so damn addicting - level up!

#48 Tony Stark   Work Hard. Play Hard. CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

Did anyone pick up the Paddock Edition? (Without the game)

#49 Methoes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Saw this $10 Walmart egift card for Forza 5 & MM product.  Buy and return to get $10 (if you got the time) https://www.activaterewards.com/betterwithm/offer

#50 japaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

i had a question in here, what would you compare this game to and will i like it if i am into like burnout / nfs franchises?

#51 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:15 AM

New Forza rewards are up, got 4m credits

#52 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2219 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

i had a question in here, what would you compare this game to and will i like it if i am into like burnout / nfs franchises?

Forza Horizon are more like those games. The regular Forza series in general is more racing sim than racing action adventure.

#53 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Maybe but it's yeah pretty much way more simmy - although the use of assists could help.

Edited by Spybreak8, 01 December 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#54 coolz481   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1630 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Thanks for the heads-up.  As I've posted before, I'm new to this whole Forza experience so I didn't know about the rewards site.  Got 1 million credits!

#55 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

What's new about em, I still have 3M waiting for me and I checked before the game came out.

#56 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Thanks, just logged in and saw 4 million credits for me.

#57 staticz   FortySixin CAGiversary!   3045 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

I was tempted to grab the Lotus of Ferrari that were 3mil each with the 3mil I got from Forza Rewards. Instead I bought cars for nearly every other league. If I get through all of those some day, maybe I'll have enough cr to get the most expensive cars.

I think at this point I only need 6 or 7 more cars, too bad they'll cost over 10million in credits :/

#58 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

It looks like GT6 will be implementing micro-transactions as well. I wonder if this is the wave of the future?

#59 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Forza 5 Economy Update Introduces Cheaper Cars, Drag Racing

Basically you earn more money and get access to cars sooner.

Turn 10 Studios will release a Forza Motorsport 5 update this month -- as early as next week -- that adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, in addition to a more balanced economy.

Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.

“We based our economy largely on Forza Motorsport 4 data,” creative director Dan Greenawalt told IGN. That $6 million Ferrari? It cost $10 million in Forza 4.

“The earn rate [in Forza 5] should have been the same,” Greenawalt explained. Player patterns are different now, however, which meant racers were earning less. And so Turn 10 adapted based on telemetry. Based on that data, Turn 10 is "making updates pretty quickly and painlessly," and will continue to do so based on community feedback.

#60 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4650 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

Forza 5 Economy Update Introduces Cheaper Cars, Drag Racing

Basically you earn more money and get access to cars sooner.

Awesome news. Hopefully they'll add a couple of more tracks with the next update.