Forza Motorsport 5 - Official CAG Thread - Xbox One

Random question:

The Forza 5 LE comes with Window Decals like the Forza 4 one did.

Did anyone use them?

I wanted to. But I am not putting a Top Gear decal on a Sedan to get laughed at lol

I got the CE for Forza 3 so I didn't get it for Forza 4. I also got a deal buying the base game and the wireless racing controller so that's mainly the reason.

LCE not only preordered, but paid off with credit.

Anyone else hear the rumors about new tracks?

Apparently, the company that laser-scanned Prague and Spa for tracks in F5 was listing some other projects on their website and Facebook page, information about which has since been removed.

Other sites this company was working at include Pacific Raceway in Kent, Washington, the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the streets of Long Beach, CA, and....Bathurst Raceway in Australia (Blue Mountain, for fans of Forza 1).

They also did some work at Silverstone...which would make sense as it's rumored that all previous real-world tracks will be laser-scanned for this game.

I just recently started racing the Yas marina Circuit in Grid 2, I love it for all the different variations they let you do with it. My favorite is overtake on there but just last night I did a custom race, a bit off topic, on that circuit with Tier Four cars and it was really really fun.

Never played a Forza game before, but preordered this yesterday. Anything interesting a beginner should know?

By now, since this is the 5th installment - not including Horizons mind you - you'll have no problem fitting in, they do a good job of making your racing experience fairly seamless. They've pretty much got the racing experience down for any skill level but you can tweak the settings if or when you want. You can opt in or out of the recommended racing line, automatic braking and shifting as well as ABS braking, automatic steering and traction control assists. In fact Forza is pretty much known for these assists.

Never played a Forza game before, but preordered this yesterday. Anything interesting a beginner should know?
I have personally found that Forza fans transcend video games to real cars.

I mean any random person can enjoy a car game like Gran Turismo or Project Gotham Racing but I have found Forza fans can be the most legit car enthusiasts.

So as a beginner realize that your not as much joining a game realm, more of a Forza ecosystem.

Btw apparently there will be a Day One Edition, which includes:

Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Car Pack: This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

• 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.
  • 2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.
  • 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Greetings, fellow Forza fanatics.

I have two words for you all today:

Bathurst, bitches!

image.jpg

I have a pre-order for the Forza 5 LE as well as the 'standard' Day One edition. I owned Forza 2 for a short while but lost interest quickly for one reason or another. But I played the Forza 4 demo off Xbox Live recently and I liked it a lot.

For the LE I noticed, among other things, the mention of "2x player rewards" acceleration. By this they mean that Forza Rewards program and not in game XP or such (if that's a thing in Forza), right? Is the LE worth it for the tokens and VIP membership/VIP cars?

I hope that the 430 Scuderia is not a unicorn car this time around. I have it in my Forza 4 garage but it's such a blast to drive both in the game and in real life, that it better be in 5 without having to deal with the auction house BS.

Btw apparently there will be a Day One Edition, which includes:
The LE should include this, right?

I hope that the 430 Scuderia is not a unicorn car this time around. I have it in my Forza 4 garage but it's such a blast to drive both in the game and in real life, that it better be in 5 without having to deal with the auction house BS.
Oh, I love that car. You've driven it?

The 430 was one of my favorite car designs, but lots people I know don't like it...oh well.

The LE should include this, right?

Oh, I love that car. You've driven it?

The 430 was one of my favorite car designs, but lots people I know don't like it...oh well.

Yeah, a few times

Can't wait for the game!

Could anyone answer this question for me, from my earlier post..

For the LE I noticed, among other things, the mention of "2x player rewards" acceleration.  By this they mean that Forza Rewards program and not in game XP or such (if that's a thing in Forza), right? Is the LE worth it for the tokens and VIP membership/VIP cars?

Sorry you got me. I checked Forza 5's site and didn't see anything on that. From what they say on Amazon I'm guessing it's in-game as it'll help you level your driver profile. As for whether the CE will be worth it, I got the CE of Forza 3 so I didn't get it for 4 (felt it was a worthwhile purchase then).

So the McLaren P1 Design video is sexy as hell.

image_forza_motorsport_5-22122-2721_0003.jpg

Forza5_E3_Screenshot_07.jpg

If you grab the Limited Edition Car Pack that comes with the CE then the P1 will have Limted Edition livery and be fully tuned.

Also

Prague

The gorgeous city of Prague is the first announced location in Forza Motorsport 5. The largest city in the Czech Republic, Prague is a capital of history and culture and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The Vltava River runs through the heart of Prague, and citizens and visitors alike cross its shores over several bridges, including the famed pedestrian-only Charles Bridge. Prague is home to a number of world-famous landmarks -- many of which you’ll see while playing Forza 5 – including the Prague Astronomical Clock, Zizkov Television Tower, Prague Castle, and many more. Home to challenging elevation changes, architectural delights around every corner, and stunning vistas, the city of Prague is an ideal setting for the unmatched visual realism and wide-eyed thrills that abound in Forza Motorsport 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played around with racing games over the years and liked some and hated others.

I'm really curious and interested in Forza. I put a preorder down on Battlefield 4, but was tempted to go with Forza.

I guess my biggest question is how does this tend to play with the gamepad?

That McLaren Vid (which is on the playlist below too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pesYl8gWk

The Forza games play great either with a gamepad or with a wheel, I've used both and usually use a controller since it's easier to game with (don't have to get the wheel and pedals out and hook everything up - plus you can't really design liveries for your car with the wheel lol).

Some new videos are up on Xbox's Youtube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvqB5HQdSeQ&feature=share&list=PL0il2l-B_WwaHQ3su5O2AYS-pSBqe6K9y

The reviews seem pretty favorable (Polygon & Joystiq). Can't wait to play it Friday!!! :D I haven't played a Forza game since Forza 2 either :p

Last edited by a moderator:
hoping you guys know this...the Day One cars, are they going to be DLC as well?  I placed an order for the Day One edition on sale at Amazon today but wont have an X1 till early next year.  If the Day One cars will be on the marketplace as DLC I may just to buy this until I get an X1, trying to decide that right now.

Jesus, the Drivatars pretty much 9/10 just ram into you and screw up your turns. I have also learned how horrible some of the people on my friends list drive :p

first time playing a forza title and am really enjoying it so far!  a few more jaggies than I expected to see, but the sound effects are phenomenal.

I've only played a little bit, but with a friend who's really into the Forza series. So he'd turn off all the assists! Except letting me still use Automatic transmission ;)  I'm liking it a lot. Some jaggies when you're not driving. But actual driving graphics are great.  Enjoying it :) And I like how your Drivatar races in other matches that folks play, earning you credits.

Loving this game so far even with the reduced number of cars and tracks.

Fell in love as soon as I felt how the feedback was implemented in the triggers, especially when braking.

Loving this game so far even with the reduced number of cars and tracks.

Fell in love as soon as I felt how the feedback was implemented in the triggers, especially when braking.
I haven't played the last two Forza's but man I'm really loving this game. I almost think the less cars the better. Seems less overwhelming to me. And your right the controller feedback is so awesome.

The game doesn't look as great as I was expecting but maybe I just got my hopes up too high. Just a minor complaint though. Might be the best of the launch games.

Yeah Forza Motorsport 3 had so much content they needed two discs lol. Forza Motorsport 4 gave you the content but they also had to focus on Autovista mode detailing 20 cars for the Kinect tour feature. Forza Motorsport 5 has all the cars available in this mode, renamed I heard, so it's less but more detailed and focused.

I really like the drivatar system. I've cussed a few friends out several times, I think they owe my an apology for being such shitty drivers. 

I feel that Drivatar's are a game changer.  If it was just me constantly racing against nameless NPCs following a single racing line, I wouldn't be as compelled as I am to run back to the game.  

Check out this example of mine, where a friend's Drivatar is rather aggressive (though the second time, it looks like maybe he's just trying to get back onto the road.. or is he?):

http://www.twitch.tv/wongjp/c/3299789

Even if this may not be an accurate representation of my friend's driving style, it definitely keeps things "fresh".... frustratingly fresh :p

I probably didn't need to buy the LE, but I did like the extra tokens and such. I used an XP booster for an hour over the weekend. Since I haven't played since Forza 2, this feels like my first CaRPG ;)

I'm terrible at this game. Any tips!?
I usually place pretty badly. Sometimes it's a fluke and I'll get 1st, while others I may get 7th :)

I turned a few of the assists off - to get bonuses but also to see how much I can push my driving. I always drive auto though, I'm not pro or comfy enough to do manual in driving games.

I was racing with a friend who's played every Forza game. He turns every assist off, races clean, follows hardcore enthuasist rules. His best advice to me was, "it's all about feathering". That is, when we played with no assists, using that gas and brake properly (taking advantage of the trigger sensitivity) was key. After I played with him some, going back to having most assists ON was a better experience for me...

I see Cheapy tweeting about microtransactions breaking the game? Has anyone noticed this? I'm not very far in, but if I can't complete it without spending more money that will be disappointing.

I see Cheapy tweeting about microtransactions breaking the game? Has anyone noticed this? I'm not very far in, but if I can't complete it without spending more money that will be disappointing.
Well, there's no real "completing the game" since you can just keep racing and racing. You can most definitely finish all the events without spending money, but many people are mad at Turn 10 for making cars overpriced at 3 mil credits and not making payout of races high enough to get these cars, then adding tokens you buy with real money to get cars. I personally have no problem with it.

So when I turn on the damage effective vehicle ability stuff I seem to be the only car on the track that takes a hit. 

The game seems fun so far, but reading that I'm required to have skill to unlock the "cool" cars to shell out cash is pretty annoying. Especially as I got the Limited Edition and have to shell out for cars I thought I was going to start with. 

Well, there's no real "completing the game" since you can just keep racing and racing. You can most definitely finish all the events without spending money, but many people are mad at Turn 10 for making cars overpriced at 3 mil credits and not making payout of races high enough to get these cars, then adding tokens you buy with real money to get cars. I personally have no problem with it.
Yeah, I read some of the dev posts and it seems like they wanted the cars to be hard to get. I don't have a problem with that either.

Especially as I got the Limited Edition and have to shell out for cars I thought I was going to start with.
Forza has always been that way.

The people that have all the time in the world to play the game will earn currency through the game. Then they'll purchase the rare cars.

The people that have jobs, big social lives and still want to get the high priced cars will just pay for it. It's one or the other.

Racing, earning rewards, upgrading your car or purchasing another and racing again is the feedback loop of Forza Motorsports and is the reason why it's so damn addicting - level up!

bread's done
Back