PlayStation Plus 12 Month Subscription for $39.99 for RZGC Members @ Best Buy til 8/31/13

bludd

CAGiversary!
PlayStation Plus 12 Month Subscription for $39.99 for RZGC Members at Best Buy til 8/31/13
Best Buy is having a promo again for PlayStation Plus 12 Month Subscription for $39.99 for Reward Zone Gamers Club members (free to join). Available in store or store pick up. Offer expires 8/31/13. Website states free shipping for online orders but for some reason at the moment, there's no shipping option. 

Note: 
- You have to log in the RZ website and claim the coupon/offer for the $10 discount. 
- After logging in, hover over the Gamers Club tab then click on the Gamers Club Offers. 
- Highlight the Playstion Plus offer to click on it. 
- Finally click on the GET COUPON. It's then autolinked to your BB account. The $10 discount is taken off at the register in store (cashier has to log in your RZ account first) or while checking out online when doing store pick up. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=PlayStation_Plus_Offer_108089&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&qp=&list=n&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&p=

If you're not a member, you can sign up for free here:
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

Nice, I might get one and wait to redeem it until the extra 3 months with purchase of 12 months begins since my subscription still has a while left.  Europe has that promotion going on now, so it might come again to North America soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been off and on for a while I think? Still, I wonder why Best Buy is running this promo so much? Seems odd to have subscription cards discounted for weeks at a time..

Noobish question of all time, im getting a PS4, if I bought one now, I would have no problem using it when the PS4 is launched?

Just got a card with my vita and already sitting on a 12 month card. So debating whether to go ahead and grab another to put me good for 3 years...

Conspiracy theory time...

Is BBY discounting these so often to thin out the stock because sony has stopped selling them at 49.99 and plans to up the price to 59.99 shortly after ps4 launch because well they can, use excuse that larger games take more bandwidth or something? Havent heard anything about game sizes for ps4, but gotta figure they will be bigger than ps3 with the higher res they will be at?

Completely just throwing this out there, prolly way off base, but still...

Just got a card with my vita and already sitting on a 12 month card. So debating whether to go ahead and grab another to put me good for 3 years...

Conspiracy theory time...

Is BBY discounting these so often to thin out the stock because sony has stopped selling them at 49.99 and plans to up the price to 59.99 shortly after ps4 launch because well they can, use excuse that larger games take more bandwidth or something? Havent heard anything about game sizes for ps4, but gotta figure they will be bigger than ps3 with the higher res they will be at?

Completely just throwing this out there, prolly way off base, but still...
It's all conjecture but we've certainly been speculating that either something like that could be coming or that we're going to see a sharp decline in the quality of what's offered for free on PS+. Either way though when they've confirmed that it's going to be the same membership it doesn't hurt to stock up on a year or two extra if you know you're going to PS4 at some point.

It's all conjecture but we've certainly been speculating that either something like that could be coming or that we're going to see a sharp decline in the quality of what's offered for free on PS+. Either way though when they've confirmed that it's going to be the same membership it doesn't hurt to stock up on a year or two extra if you know you're going to PS4 at some point.
Now that you mention that, Id go with decline in what ps+ offers over a price hike. Especially since multiplayer is now behind the paywall of plus. There will be way more people who get it since you have to in order to play online, which in turn would mean more people would be utilizing the "free" games than are now. For instance I JUST got ps+ and I know other people are just now getting it too. I was strictly Xbox and really never played my ps3 until what went down with E3 and knowing I would be getting a ps4 at launch. Sony is bringing me and other gamers back in.

Wonder how the money of plus works? Sony pay dev for every "free" download of a title? Im sure discounts will still be pretty decent at the least. Will be a while after ps4 launch before youd see any free ps4 games on plus, so for the next year it will mostly be discounts on ps4 stuff with the free games being on ps3 mostly I would think.

Either way should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Thanks, I picked up an extra 1 year sub card. I think I was good until Oct. 2015 the way I stand now, but I'll need it eventually, and $10 is ten dollars any way you slice it, so I thank you sir (or ma'am).

Now that you mention that, Id go with decline in what ps+ offers over a price hike. Especially since multiplayer is now behind the paywall of plus. There will be way more people who get it since you have to in order to play online, which in turn would mean more people would be utilizing the "free" games than are now. For instance I JUST got ps+ and I know other people are just now getting it too. I was strictly Xbox and really never played my ps3 until what went down with E3 and knowing I would be getting a ps4 at launch. Sony is bringing me and other gamers back in.

Wonder how the money of plus works? Sony pay dev for every "free" download of a title? Im sure discounts will still be pretty decent at the least. Will be a while after ps4 launch before youd see any free ps4 games on plus, so for the next year it will mostly be discounts on ps4 stuff with the free games being on ps3 mostly I would think.

Either way should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Well almost all of the titles that headline each Plus each month have a reasonable amount of DLC to purchase so there's that and then they probably pay a flat rate.

Regardless, I think even if I buy another year or two of plus now I've probably already gotten my money worth of games out of it and only had it for four or five months now. Also knowing a lot of what we're getting with the PS4 already makes me feel confident enough to stock up. Yeah, it's all smaller indie titles but very high quality ones. The real test of Plus is going to be what they continue to give for Vita and PS3 for the first year or two of the PS4 while there just aren't enough titles out there to give away major retail games.

This has been off and on for a while I think? Still, I wonder why Best Buy is running this promo so much? Seems odd to have subscription cards discounted for weeks at a time..
Just be happy with BestBuy running this promo repeatedly. Unlike a dime a dozen deals for Xbox Live subs since Live first started in 2002, PS+ deals are rare. Besides the Target price mistake in the ad quite awhile ago, Bestbuy is the only retailer giving discounts on these.

I might just have to pick up a 12 month, thanks for the heads up!

Also, is there any expiration date to when the code has to be used once you purchase it?

Is it worth grabbing a few of these? I've only bought one and will try to wait for a 3 month bonus before redeeming. I'd think in the 12/15 month period after activating, there has to be a better deal than $10 off, no?

Never bought into PS+ before, which is why I ask. Doing it now for PS4.

Like Wario said, I'm pretty sure today isn't the last day.  This deal should be open to everyone starting next week, it's in the BB ad.

bread's done
Back