* * * * * 5 votes

Microsoft Store - Pre-order GTA V and get 1600 Microsoft Points free

grand theft auto gtav free microsoft points

#31 keyweez360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   221 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

Shipping code didn't work for me, but placed the order anyways. Is the coupon going to be valid on the digital 1600 pt code? Or will it be restricted to the physical card? Really hoping it's the former.

#32 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7037 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

My GTA V order from Microsoft store says "Status: BackOrdered". Is this normal?

Is there anyway to cancel my order online, or would i have to call them?

#33 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Does anybody know how the 1600 points will work with respect to the new MS currency system currently implemented? All previous MS points were converted to currency as a "transition exchange" but the huge caveat was that they were going to expire in a year from now.

So my question is if I were to redeem 1600 points from a points card today, would those be "exchanged" and have a shelf life of 1 year as well? And If so, am I better off to just not redeem it at all and wait until I need to use it or will my unredeemed card also expire a year from the transition date anyway? TIA.

#34 PenDynasty  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

My GTA V order from Microsoft store says "Status: BackOrdered". Is this normal?

Mine does, too.

#35 muzzymate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

muzzymate

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

You have to call them. It was pretty painless. Just have all the details from your order readily handy because they'll ask you 100 questions about it to "authenticate" you. 

#36 KazeKiernan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

KazeKiernan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Thought id let my fellow CAG guys know about the whole "freeshipesc2012-over" ordeal and spread the knowledge. I called Microsoft support and told them about the code and some bs excuse why it would not work. They checked it and first informed me the code does not exist and not in their systems and that it has expired, but told me not to fret since I will receive the item before or on the day of release. I said my item was just free shipping aka UPS ground and he said it does not matter what I chose (over night, two days, ect) that the item would ship early and arrive to everyone's doorstep on the day of release. I told to him to double check and he did and said that the information about this item on Microsofts servers, or whatever said it will ship early and be there by the time it releases. I called back to inquire about such information and he did reaffirm in his system that what the guy said previously was true. In short you guys should be fine with free shipping and getting it the same day, but feel free to call to confirm.

TLDR-CODE EXPIRED, BUT TWO DIFFERENT MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES TOLD ME REGARDLESS OF SHIPPING METHOD THE GAME WILL SHIP EARLY AND ARRIVE BY THE 17TH, SO WORRY NOT ABOUT THE CODE.

#37 ebonydad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

ebonydad

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thought id let my fellow CAG guys know about the whole "freeshipesc2012-over" ordeal and spread the knowledge. I called Microsoft support and told them about the code and some bs excuse why it would not work. They checked it and first informed me the code does not exist and not in their systems and that it has expired, but told me not to fret since I will receive the item before or on the day of release. I said my item was just free shipping aka UPS ground and he said it does not matter what I chose (over night, two days, ect) that the item would ship early and arrive to everyone's doorstep on the day of release. I told to him to double check and he did and said that the information about this item on Microsofts servers, or whatever said it will ship early and be there by the time it releases. I called back to inquire about such information and he did reaffirm in his system that what the guy said previously was true. In short you guys should be fine with free shipping and getting it the same day, but feel free to call to confirm.

TLDR-CODE EXPIRED, BUT TWO DIFFERENT MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES TOLD ME REGARDLESS OF SHIPPING METHOD THE GAME WILL SHIP EARLY AND ARRIVE BY THE 17TH, SO WORRY NOT ABOUT THE CODE.

If that is the case, I will be ordering it today. I hope this works out. I was planning on going to Walmart at 12:01 am to pick up my copy.

#38 KazeKiernan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

KazeKiernan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

If that is the case, I will be ordering it today. I hope this works out. I was planning on going to Walmart at 12:01 am to pick up my copy.

Feel free to call them too it wouldn't hurt, but yeah I more or less called them told them about the code and they said it expired, but since it is a pre order it will ship early and I will get it by the 17th. I also called back and talked to a different guy and he said the same that what showed up on the screen was that yes, it will ship early, and we will all get it the 17th, so unless they both lied I think we're okay.

#39 ebonydad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

ebonydad

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Feel free to call them too it wouldn't hurt, but yeah I more or less called them told them about the code and they said it expired, but since it is a pre order it will ship early and I will get it by the 17th. I also called back and talked to a different guy and he said the same that what showed up on the screen was that yes, it will ship early, and we will all get it the 17th, so unless they both lied I think we're okay.

I just spoke to a support rep in the last 5 minutes, and they confirmed what you said. Putting my order in now.

Can't beat it!

Now just trying to synchronize getting sick during that week.

#40 KazeKiernan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

KazeKiernan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I just spoke to a support rep in the last 5 minutes, and they confirmed what you said. Putting my order in now.

Can't beat it!

Now just trying to synchronize getting sick during that week.

Cool, glad we got even more support for the claim, so everyone order up from Microsoft, choose free shipping, and wait patiently for the game, because you will get it on the 17th NOT SHIPPED, but IN YOUR HANDS. You DO NOT NEED THE CODE.

p.s. Enjoy the 1600 MP :)

#41 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7037 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yeah ive pre ordered games before from MS store and got them on release day with the free shipping. But i dont remember them saying BackOrdered before. But i could be wrong. Guess i will just keep my order and hope for the best.

#42 ebonydad   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

ebonydad

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yeah ive pre ordered games before from MS store and got them on release day with the free shipping. But i dont remember them saying BackOrdered before. But i could be wrong. Guess i will just keep my order and hope for the best.

I did miss the backordered. Still, I guess in the long run, I will get $20 MS Points. It will be worth it even if I get it a day or two late.

#43 CFC  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Probably the best deal out there, assuming you are the pro member (or whatever it's called) for BestBuy for the $20.

#44 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3722 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Probably the best deal out there, assuming you are the pro member (or whatever it's called) for BestBuy for the $20.

My Unlocked membership at Best Buy expired last month so this is the best deal I've seen. Even with tax, it beats New Egg's $10 gift card offer. Switched my pre-order from New Egg to the MS Store and I'll use the free points on Killer Instinct when the One comes out. :D

#45 Goodbyemrcool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Goodbyemrcool

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

Cancled my amazon order, and orderd a copy hope I get it release day. Thanks OP

#46 S.Tomato  

S.Tomato

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

My preorder also says backordered, but I'd have to imagine that's just because it's not released yet.  I've preordered two games from the MS Store before recently and both came on release day.  So like some above me have said, I don't think the code is needed.

#47 Goodbyemrcool   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Goodbyemrcool

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

My order says in process.

#48 S.Tomato  

S.Tomato

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

My order says in process.

Well that worries me a bit more.  I ordered it on August 10th, so I would have hoped that was soon enough.  But it is one of the most popular games ever, so...

I guess I won't be too upset if it takes a little bit longer to arrive - just slightly disappointed.

#49 ScottBigGame   CAG 4-Life CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ScottBigGame

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

It says:

Pre-order by 6PM on 9/15 and get it the day it's released. You'll also get 1600 Xbox Live points free*

They're saying release date delivery right on the page, and on my confirmation screen it said once the game ships you get a code to buy the 1600 points card.  

Sounds great to me

#50 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

It says if you order by 9/15 you get release day delivery. So I don't think a code is needed. Just pick the free shipping option.

I wish I could do this but I just don't have the funds right now.

#51 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Well, Tax is $4 wowza forgot about tax =\. Either way thanks for everyone confirming about getting it day one. I canceled my Amazon Order and went with this. Awesome thing about Microsoft is that my information was tied to my GT so I didn't have to enter anything but my name which made this experience fast and simple.

#52 gogomo  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

It says:

Pre-order by 6PM on 9/15 and get it the day it's released. You'll also get 1600 Xbox Live points free*

I'm going to test them by ordering at exactly 5:50pm on 9/15, and see if I get it on release day.  Lol.

#53 muzzymate   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

muzzymate

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm going to test them by ordering at exactly 5:50pm on 9/15, and see if I get it on release day.  Lol.

Why 5:50? Live on the wild side and go for 5:59!!!

#54 gogomo  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why 5:50? Live on the wild side and go for 5:59!!!

That's just when I plan to start the order process.  In case there's any sort of delay in processing, web site being slow, etc.  I will wait to click the final submit order button.  ;)

#55 GenTrapstar   CAG! CEO CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GenTrapstar

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Is this like other sites where it charges card on ship day or can i pay in full

#56 wigglesizking   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

wigglesizking

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is this like other sites where it charges card on ship day or can i pay in full

Charges ship day. I haven't been charged yet.

#57 GenTrapstar   CAG! CEO CAGiversary!   361 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

GenTrapstar

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

That sucks

#58 ScottBigGame   CAG 4-Life CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ScottBigGame

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

That sucks

Never thought anyone would want to be charged before it ships.  I personally have a problem with that.  I pre-ordered the xbox one and ps4 and Best Buy put a hold of $900+ dollars on my checking account.  This was before there were even release dates and their pre-order policy on-line said they don't charge you until it ships.  I was pissed.

#59 ScottBigGame   CAG 4-Life CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

ScottBigGame

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

some people just want to see the world burn

#60 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Does anybody know how the 1600 points will work with respect to the new MS currency system currently implemented? All previous MS points were converted to currency as a "transition exchange" but the huge caveat was that they were going to expire in a year from now.

So my question is if I were to redeem 1600 points from a points card today, would those be "exchanged" and have a shelf life of 1 year as well? And If so, am I better off to just not redeem it at all and wait until I need to use it or will my unredeemed card also expire a year from the transition date anyway? TIA.

bump